Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

I am rushing off to meet the the Captain, but wanted to share the schedule.

We are soooo excited that they brought that superstar Bobby Goldsboro onboard to entertain us tonight.  We have wanted to see him forever, but his concerts are so expensive.

Scan1.thumb.jpg.245b686426c59ff2109ae9488a5c9b95.jpg

You have any big names onboard?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

On the Big Norway, our daily schedule is packed with so much fun for our sea day.  So many things at the same time, how do you decide?

Why would they schedule a pingpong tournament, a bridge tournament, and a learn about disco event all at 2:30. Shuffleboard tournament at 3:00 and Trapshooting at 3:30.

I can't believe they are going to let anyone tour the galley for a half hour before dinner.  Maybe they should charge for it.

Tonight looks to be so special, since it is a Formal night.  The Captain is having a GALA COCKTAIL PARTY, and all guests are to use the stairtowers so a crew member can greet you and introduce you to the captain.

Do you have such Royal treatment onboard the little Norway to get a personal introduction to the captain?

Skibum, We are on Big Norway with you!  We've love to meet you, but with 2,000 passengers, I can't imagine how that could ever happen.  There are ten of us at our big round dinner table, but we've figured out that none of them are you.  Too bad.  They all looked great tonight, though, everyone in formal wear.

We, too, are going to the Gala Cocktail Party soon.  We heard about using the stairs to get there.  I'm going to take my new book, "Crossing and Cruising", and ask the Captain to autograph it.  I have to remember to carry the book in my left hand, so I can shake right hands with him.  I hope the Social Hostess gets our names right!

Later on, we're going to enter the Foxtrot round of the Ballroom Dance exhibit/competition.  It would be wonderful to be the ones to win the bottle of champagne!

Our cabin is not as spacious as the one on Song of Norway.  It's a triple-occupancy cabin, with a double bed, a single bunk above it, and not much else.  But I've heard that Royal Caribbean cabins are enormous compared to others.

One thing that is really impressive is that there are two full Promenade Decks.  One is open-air, under the lifeboats, and one is enclosed but with windows that can open.

I know this week is going to go really fast.  I'm just giddy with excitement, 24 hours a day!

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am rushing off to meet the the Captain, but wanted to share the schedule.

We are soooo excited that they brought that superstar Bobby Goldsboro onboard to entertain us tonight.  We have wanted to see him forever, but his concerts are so expensive.

Scan1.thumb.jpg.245b686426c59ff2109ae9488a5c9b95.jpg

You have any big names onboard?

I like how this schedule is so easy to read. Plain black and white typing, and all capital letters so you know how important everything is. 

But I have to ask both you and York... what kind of sorcery are you using to share these images with us from the ship? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yorkvillain -- thank you for the thread and everyone who has contributed to it. SofN was also my first cruise with RCL. I had one one with Carnival and was so not impressed, new travel agent convinced to try Royal.

Those steps up to the Viking Crown holding a dress down while climbing up and then with a drink on the way down  -- LOL

• Like 2

Yorkvillain- thank you so much for taking us with you on this great big ship. I am sure I would feel lost on ship that BIG!

I am sure you have a wonderful Vision of all the Radiance, the Grandeur, the Enchantment and the Splendour,  you find on that Oasis of a Ship that is called the Song of Norway.

Oh by the way give your busboy a little extra...! They run their feets of...!

• Like 1

I also learned with 1000 people on board there aren’t always enough lounges by the pool so if you get up early put a towel or book on them and when your done with lunch you’ll have the perfect spot to sit.I hope this makes  your trip more enjoyable 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Midnight buffets & cruising are like Sonny & Cher or the Captain & Tennille. The day there is no more midnight buffet is the day there is no more cruising.

Since you name dropped, always have Popular Entertainment on board. Last 3 Royal Cruises Headliners each were The Monkees, Four Tops and last one was the Spinners. Me and my new Wife getting pretty good at Electric Slide... We Tendered as usual  into St Thomas, St Martian and Royals brand new private "Island" Labadee. After arriving only takes about 2hrs get ashore with my Tender Tag. So nice that all the ships carry their own Tenders

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nolimits said:

I also learned with 1000 people on board there aren’t always enough lounges by the pool so if you get up early put a towel or book on them and when your done with lunch you’ll have the perfect spot to sit.I hope this makes  your trip more enjoyable 

At least Pool area has small table with Ash Tray in between every 2 Lounge Chairs. Would be way too crowded if these tables were not there someday, everyone would be too close to each other. And of Course every Sea Day has a real Barbecue lunch cooked over open flame by the pool. This is also on Labadee both using Hand made hamburg patties, none of those frozen ones...

• Like 1

Looking closely at the midnight buffet picture, the lady in peach with the orange scarf is checking her makeup on one of those rectangular compacts that are all the rage in Paris these days.

Cruisers are so classy!

Edited by Sobro
  • Like 1

That buffet looked so good, and from the length of the line, it looks like all 1,000 passengers are there.   Sadly, we haven’t made it to one yet.   We are trying to pace ourselves, because you would probably gain weight with all that eating.

Last night on the Big Norway was a night that will be hard to top.  At the GALA cocktail party, they gave you as many drinks as you wanted, and it was all free!!  Then it was off to meet the captain, and I think he really may have been a swinger.  He gave me a handshake, and my new bride an embracing hug.  Both were uncomfortably long, but it was probably just the effect of the cocktails.

Next, it was off to see that superstar Bobby Goldsboro.  Our newly wed, Star class treatment continued as we were led to front row seats for his performance.  The only complaint I had was about some loose cords down front, so they quickly sent a crew member to tie them up.

30D9706C-C628-44F4-A5DF-88D49EAFD231.thumb.jpeg.c5020f29c5d2734da73db922b30c767b.jpeg

Bobby sang hit after hit, and when he did “Honey”, there wasn’t a dry eye in the theatre.  But the best part was when Bobby invited us to a private, after party.  They set up one of the outdoor decks for this party.  I am glad they have rails on these ships, because it got really crazy.  I have heard how some of these musical types party hardy, and BG was no different.  By the end of the night, everyone was falling out of their chairs.

I went back this morning to see if anyone was still partying, but only the crew was there to clean up and set the chairs back up.

309A4CC6-0A1B-4E81-8AC6-8FCD88A40A2A.thumb.jpeg.11b02756b8114fe5569a8673b8336aaf.jpeg

Definitely a night to remember.   I hope Tim and Courtney are getting treated as well.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, jaspercat said:

Those steps up to the Viking Crown holding a dress down while climbing up and then with a drink on the way down  -- LOL

York, did you trip on your towel dress last night?  Hopefully you weren’t wearing your Boomewang or Thongbulge underwear last night, the ladies would have got quite the show. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2