IAMTRUSTWORTHY,,, FCC's, Cancelled cruises, and insurance

klfrodo

Would love to hear your opinion.

Prior to this recent COVID-19 fiasco, FCC's as a general rule were not insurable.

However, with the recent development with cruiseline cancelling cruises, cruise dates being pushed back, cruiselines issuing FCC's for future cruises, etc. Are these FCC's still not insurable?

People are being offered insurance when they go to rebook using the FCC. Are they uneducated on the issue? Are they being duped?

Would be interested in hearing your opinion.

Offered insurance for cancellation or just the medical/evacuation? Who is offering it - the cruise line, the travel agency? It could be a misunderstanding of what is covered unless they specifically say the FCC’S are covered.

I, too, would appreciate Steve’s explanation. Thanks for posting the question.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 8:03 PM, beshears said:

Babr, I could be wrong, but you mentioned the name of "Steve", and I have a feeling your talking about Trip Insurance Store.  I can't seem to get much out of him myself when asking questions.

Hi beshears,

I'm not sure why you would say this. I've been very quick to respond to your emails and requests for information.

I have not been here answering many questions, though I've been doing that more frequently.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 1:18 PM, klfrodo said:

Would love to hear your opinion.

Prior to this recent COVID-19 fiasco, FCC's as a general rule were not insurable.

However, with the recent development with cruiseline cancelling cruises, cruise dates being pushed back, cruiselines issuing FCC's for future cruises, etc. Are these FCC's still not insurable?

People are being offered insurance when they go to rebook using the FCC. Are they uneducated on the issue? Are they being duped?

Would be interested in hearing your opinion.

Hi klfrodo,

Some FCCs are insurable while others are not. I've been aking lits of specific questions about them to the companies I know. I hope to have it figured out by early next week. One problem is I'm asking questions that the answers are not yet known.

Six hours ago I got an email that said "We haven’t crossed that bridge yet."

I'll post here what I find out.

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2020 at 8:03 PM, beshears said:

Babr, I could be wrong, but you mentioned the name of "Steve", and I have a feeling your talking about Trip Insurance Store.  I can't seem to get much out of him myself when asking questions.

beshears - For the life of me I just cannot understand the animosity and hostility you seem to have toward Steve. 

Please let me offer for your consideration a fresh perspective. I've worked with Steve for years and have come to trust him without hesitation. His advice and counsel have always been flawless and patiently offered.

The world of trip insurance is something I find very daunting. Some years back I was ready to throw up my hands and just buy the stuff offered by the cruise line. Then I discovered Steve and the Trip Insurance Store. He and his staff have very patiently worked with me to help me understand the finer points of this very unwieldy subject. Now, while I'm still far from an expert, I have a pretty darn good grasp of the subject. I think I've finally got my arms around the world of trip insurance and I surely couldn't have done so with out Steve's understanding and his always accurate support. 

I'm stunned when I read your comment about not "getting much out of him". My experience and that of many, many others I've referred to Steve over the years is the exact opposite.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bgwest said:

beshears - For the life of me I just cannot understand the animosity and hostility you seem to have toward Steve. 

Please let me offer for your consideration a fresh perspective. I've worked with Steve for years and have come to trust him without hesitation. His advice and counsel have always been flawless and patiently offered.

The world of trip insurance is something I find very daunting. Some years back I was ready to throw up my hands and just buy the stuff offered by the cruise line. Then I discovered Steve and the Trip Insurance Store. He and his staff have very patiently worked with me to help me understand the finer points of this very unwieldy subject. Now, while I'm still far from an expert, I have a pretty darn good grasp of the subject. I think I've finally got my arms around the world of trip insurance and I surely couldn't have done so with out Steve's understanding and his always accurate support. 

I'm stunned when I read your comment about not "getting much out of him". My experience and that of many, many others I've referred to Steve over the years is the exact opposite.  

I agree with Bgwest, I have found Steve to go above and beyond with providing answers and advice. He is an incredibly valuable resource. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I want to  APOLOGIZE to Steve/IAmTrustWorthy, as he did finally come through with the answers I was looking for.  It is possible that I didn't explain myself clearly enough to him in my questions, but in the end, which is now, everything between us is fine. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, beshears said:

Yes, I want to  APOLOGIZE to Steve/IAmTrustWorthy, as he did finally come through with the answers I was looking for.  It is possible that I didn't explain myself clearly enough to him in my questions, but in the end, which is now, everything between us is fine. 🙂

Excellent! Glad to hear. There are certainly others in the industry who are nothing more than order takers. Steve is different. He has proven himself to be an extremely valuable ally who is always puts his customers first. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1