Voyagers Club / Cancelled Cruises !

sidari

Talking with one of my fellow Admins on our MSC page elsewhere on social media and they brought up the issue of the VC and Cancelled cruises, the point being that if someone was near to their end date for losing their current VC level and their cruise is cancelled are MSC going to allow those people some leeway ? especially as the stoppage could go way beyond the current date of April 30th. 

Let's hope MSC will do the right thing for their loyal customers for a change.  Sidari has been around long enough to have experienced the change in status debacle, where many of us lost our black card status without warning.

16 hours ago, sidari said:

Talking with one of my fellow Admins on our MSC page elsewhere on social media and they brought up the issue of the VC and Cancelled cruises, the point being that if someone was near to their end date for losing their current VC level and their cruise is cancelled are MSC going to allow those people some leeway ? especially as the stoppage could go way beyond the current date of April 30th. 

Good question Sidari 👍. Is there a chance that MSC answers?

I have not asked them myself because we don't fall into this area for three years but I am sure there must be people who do and could lose their respective level due to a cancellation.

Edited by sidari

We were diamond members thanks to our cruises with Royal.We first cruises with MSC September 2017.We booked the Grandiosa which we were kicked off last Thursday just spending 4 hours on the ship.The cruise was with in the 3 years.I have looked on my account and there is no voyages club there now.

On 3/19/2020 at 5:45 AM, neptuno said:

Let's hope MSC will do the right thing for their loyal customers for a change.  Sidari has been around long enough to have experienced the change in status debacle, where many of us lost our black card status without warning.

When did MSC ever do the right thing? As for appreciating loyalty, see my comment below.

22 hours ago, Shocked91 said:

We were diamond members thanks to our cruises with Royal.We first cruises with MSC September 2017.We booked the Grandiosa which we were kicked off last Thursday just spending 4 hours on the ship.The cruise was with in the 3 years.I have looked on my account and there is no voyages club there now.

I’ve never looked into the status match scheme as it still makes my blood boil, along with the disappearance of the Black 10% discount and any worthwhile benefits.  

Maybe you need to re-apply for status match next time you sail with them.

Edited by canny_cruiser

On 3/18/2020 at 9:49 PM, sidari said:

I asked the same question earlier

On 3/20/2020 at 7:40 PM, sidari said:

Black was 20% discount not 10.

You’re right. I never managed to get it. The day I boarded a 7day Med (which was to take me over 100 nights as I wanted to book a TA to South America for later that year) was the same day they introduced all the changes!   19 July 2015!

3 hours ago, aprilF said:

Wow, you get 3 years?  We get 1 year in the US.  Good for you!  🙂

You get 3 years like everybody else

this from the US site under Voyagers Club

vc%203%20yeares%20usa.png

Edited by Skier52
  • Like 1

We have an answer (must have read my advice above 😂)

spacer.gif

Dear MSC Voyagers Club Member,

The unfortunate events of the past few months have made it difficult to travel – and even worse – they have made our own lives more challenging.

During this difficult time, MSC Cruises is close to its guests, its employees, and naturally you: our Voyagers Club member.

For this reason, I have decided to extend your member benefit by a year. Those like yourself, who cherish travelling and cruises and wish to continue dreaming with us, are going to be able to do so by keeping same member points and status for an extra year.

If your card is expired this year or is set to expire in 2020, its validity will be automatically extended to 31 December 2021 with unvaried point balance and status.

We will make it through this together, and we will find ourselves on board once again, to continue exploring new worlds and cultures. We will soon send your way extraordinary offers and new fascinating itineraries.

Lastly, I thank you for both having chosen us in the past, and for your numerous messages of affection and solidarity. On board our ships we have shared unique memories and emotions and became part of a big family that loves the sea and travelling with MSC Cruises.

Let’s keep dreaming together.

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Ziggy ... One of our Admins had it sent to them earlier today so it was added to the social media page, the person who received it is not a member of CC. Good to see that at least some common sense has prevailed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

We have an answer (must have read my advice above 😂)

from this thread

e.g.

If your last cruise was ended 05  May 2017 and your next cruise, due in April, is cancelled. What will happen to your points and status if you can't cruise, for whatever reason, before 04 May 2020?  

Maybe MSC will use it to cull a lot of status matched members, or do you think they will do the decent thing and extend the rule to 4 or even 5 years?

Edited by Skier52