Exterior Sky pictures

Triptkr

8 hours ago, Triptkr said:

If you prefer Caribe-size balconies then you would like certain premium deluxe balconies on the Sky.  

Aft facing:

D4 category deck 15, 14, 11, 9

Starboard/Port facing:

D4 category, deck 9

BD category, deck 9 has larger balcony but smaller room...no couch

Bow facing:

DW category, deck 16, 15

As mentioned previously there are select few midship with have angled balconies that aren't too bad.  We did stay in an angled midship balcony on Royal but found the lights outside down on the railing to be annoying at night as we light to sleep with the curtains open.   

Thanks for the wonderful photos in this thread and the extra information regarding the cabins. Are the D4 on deck 9 partially covered? I’m looking at a colder itinerary and don’t mind the balconies being covered.

6 hours ago, skynight said:

Also cat. DA on deck 9 mid ship, angled balconies. 

Thank you. Just noticed that they have some interiors along the corridor from then too (older kids travelling with us) 👍. Have you stayed in one of those previously?

On 2/25/2021 at 9:07 PM, Triptkr said:

If you prefer Caribe-size balconies then you would like certain premium deluxe balconies on the Sky.  

Aft facing:

D4 category deck 15, 14, 11, 9

Starboard/Port facing:

D4 category, deck 9

BD category, deck 9 has larger balcony but smaller room...no couch

Bow facing:

DW category, deck 16, 15

As mentioned previously there are select few midship with have angled balconies that aren't too bad.  We did stay in an angled midship balcony on Royal but found the lights outside down on the railing to be annoying at night as we light to sleep with the curtains open.   

Which cabin did you stay in on the midship angled balcony? TIA

On 2/26/2021 at 1:02 AM, villauk said:

Thanks for the wonderful photos in this thread and the extra information regarding the cabins. Are the D4 on deck 9 partially covered? I’m looking at a colder itinerary and don’t mind the balconies being covered.

I can say for sure that category D4 on deck 9 aft facing are partially covered, have stayed in those a couple times.  Same with deck 11.   I haven't been on deck 15 balconies before but would love to be.  They seem to be almost fully covered.   I think that D4 on deck 9 Starboard/Port facing are also partially covered.

7 hours ago, villauk said:

Which cabin did you stay in on the midship angled balcony? TIA

That was on Royal and I can't remember right now exactly which cabin it was.  It did have an angled balcony and think it was deck 9.  What I absolutely can tell you was that it was on port side because every night we had trouble getting to sleep due to the bass from Crooners Bar below...it literally vibrated up and we could hear it through our pillows.  Strange, I know, but that was our experience.  The lights I was talking about are located under the railing on the promenade deck angled up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Triptkr said:

I can say for sure that category D4 on deck 9 aft facing are partially covered, have stayed in those a couple times.  Same with deck 11.   I haven't been on deck 15 balconies before but would love to be.  They seem to be almost fully covered.   I think that D4 on deck 9 Starboard/Port facing are also partially covered.

Thank you so much for your informative replies. There aren’t any aft D4s available on our sailing, so I’ve resorted to looking back at the angled midship balconies. There are a couple of DA deluxe cabins still available with the larger balconies and insides further along the corridor for our older kids - the DAs appear to be at the start of the angled section. Can’t see Crooners on Sky. Is it where Princess Live is? It does mention alfresco eating on the Promenade deck, midship, but I doubt that would bother us late in the evening.

There appear to be an abundance of mini-suites still available on the sailing, so I’m hoping that they may come down in price by next year, that’s if cruising is back on the agenda 🤞.

33 minutes ago, villauk said:

Can’t see Crooners on Sky. Is it where Princess Live is?

Unfortunately no Crooners on Sky (they reinstated it for Enchanted).   Take Five is quite nice for pre-dinner drinks and the Crown Grill Bar is larger and in a new configuration.

Crown Grill Bar on Sky Princess:

cg2.thumb.jpg.d44494f9bce109fa4fd63390a0a387bf.jpg

cg.thumb.jpg.bc3efe8ea41df6141a0cabb23125d024.jpg

Sandra

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, villauk said:

Can’t see Crooners on Sky. Is it where Princess Live is? It does mention alfresco eating on the Promenade deck, midship, but I doubt that would bother us late in the evening.

There is no Crooners on the Sky which was substituted with Take5 on deck 5 at the entrance to the Princess Theater. The alfresco dining areas on Promenade deck (7) are for the French Bistro Sur La Mer and for Alfredo’s Pizzeria. On the Royal we had an obstructed balcony (E436) over Crooners bar area but fortunately never heard any sounds from below our cabin.

In Colo Cruiser’s live from the November 2019 Sky that I previously posted he has great photos & information about the ship.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dides said:

Unfortunately no Crooners on Sky (they reinstated it for Enchanted).   Take Five is quite nice for pre-dinner drinks and the Crown Grill Bar is larger and in a new configuration.

Sandra

It’s also there on Discovery in the same location...Fiesta deck (6) in the Piazza. 🙂

49 minutes ago, villauk said:

Thank you so much for your informative replies. There aren’t any aft D4s available on our sailing, so I’ve resorted to looking back at the angled midship balconies. There are a couple of DA deluxe cabins still available with the larger balconies and insides further along the corridor for our older kids - the DAs appear to be at the start of the angled section. Can’t see Crooners on Sky. Is it where Princess Live is? It does mention alfresco eating on the Promenade deck, midship, but I doubt that would bother us late in the evening.

There appear to be an abundance of mini-suites still available on the sailing, so I’m hoping that they may come down in price by next year, that’s if cruising is back on the agenda 🤞.

From what I can see on the deck plans for Sky there doesn't appear to be anything below you that should be causing too much noise.  We have had a mini-suit on Sky, deck 11 and it was great.  It was Club Class and pretty nice!  If you can snag on either on a good deal or just an upgrade---it's worth it!  🙂

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Do you still have the link?  I can't find it.  Thanks

In Colo Cruiser’s live from the November 2019 Sky that I previously posted he has great photos & information about the ship.

6 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That was fast, thanks! Our cruise on Sky was cancelled in 2020, looking forward to our cruise in Feb 2022 (and crossing fingers)!!

Here’s the link...we were on the same cruise & had the pleasure to meet Keith who has contributed so much helpful info on this forum.

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

There is no Crooners on the Sky which was substituted with Take5 on deck 5 at the entrance to the Princess Theater. The alfresco dining areas on Promenade deck (7) are for the French Bistro Sur La Mer and for Alfredo’s Pizzeria. On the Royal we had an obstructed balcony (E436) over Crooners bar area but fortunately never heard any sounds from below our cabin.

I did take take a look at Keith’s review; it was great, thanks 👍.

CSloan...we’ve sailed a total of over 2 months on the Royal & Regal and enjoyed most of the Sky’s changes.

• Princess Live: changed from a TV studio to an open lounge
  • Take5: liked the setup & having live entertainment much better than Club6
  • WakeView pool: a small shallow pool on Lido aft
  • Midship pools: two full size replacing a full & splash pool; eliminated the dancing waters & added spa
  • Lighter decor & improved lighting throughout the ship
  • Vista Lounge: improved seating arrangement

I don’t go to Crooners but it has lots of loyal customers & that space becoming the specialty bistro it could be loud from Piazza activities & from passengers walking by.

CAC344CE-AAE4-4B62-A5FF-FD91D2598796.png

CA21C778-3984-4908-B478-17684A88C45C.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

8 minutes ago, villauk said:

I did take take a look at Keith’s review; it was great, thanks 👍.

He’s great! 👍

Oops...made a typo in #34: Take 5 is on deck 6 where Club 6 was located on the Royal & Regal. On the Majestic it was the VIP Gaming room which posts say became a Take 5 when going to Oz & hopefully it’s still true when we sail the Majestic in October 2021 from LA. 🤞

18 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

He’s great! 👍

Oops...made a typo in #34: Take 5 is on deck 6 where Club 6 was located on the Royal & Regal. On the Majestic it was the VIP Gaming room which posts say became a Take 5 when going to Oz & hopefully it’s still true when we sail the Majestic in October 2021 from LA. 🤞

Actually the VIP Gaming Room became a Crooners on Majestic - we saw them installing the piano on an episode of The Cruise in the UK on the first cruise to Australia. See it from 6:35 on this video.

19 minutes ago, dides said:

Actually the VIP Gaming Room became a Crooners on Majestic - we saw them installing the piano on an episode of The Cruise in the UK on the first cruise to Australia. See it from 6:35 on this video.

Thanks for posting the correct information & for the great video. 👍👍

If you dined at Harmony located in the space used by Sabatini’s on other Royal-class ships what is your opinion & if it was popular. Like modifying the game room to Crooners wonder if they might change Harmony to Sabatini’s for USA cruises. Sabatini’s interiors are more generic now & wonder how difficult it’d be to change Harmony.

Edited by Astro Flyer

8 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks for posting the correct information & for the great video. 👍👍

If you dined at Harmony located in the space used by Sabatini’s on other Royal-class ships what is your opinion & if it was popular. Like modifying the game room to Crooners wonder if they might change Harmony to Sabatini’s for USA cruises. Sabatini’s interiors are more generic now & wonder how difficult it’d be to change Harmony.

The Crooners piano installation was witnessed by the team from a UK TV show we watch so we haven't cruised on her recently. We went on Majestic during her inaugural mediterannean season and really enjoyed the food in Harmony (despite the menu not being fully ready!). The decor was quite bland and wouldn't prevent a switch to Sabatinis should Princess decide to change it.

harmony.thumb.jpg.5576bb9250e2e45388cca929bd5d6839.jpg

16 minutes ago, dides said:

We went on Majestic during her inaugural mediterannean season and really enjoyed the food in Harmony (despite the menu not being fully ready!). The decor was quite bland and wouldn't prevent a switch to Sabatinis should Princess decide to change it.

Thanks for the info & the decor doesn’t appear to be much different than the Sky’s Sabatini’s. If Princess decides to change it might not required too many changes because they appear to be nearly identical.

AE9A03C0-CA60-4B70-B1D6-1A4B4F26B6E0.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Triptkr-

Thanks for the excellent photos. It is so true that it is difficult to find exterior

pics of the newer ships. It really helps in booking a cabin when concerned about

location, balcony coverage, etc.

And thank you to all of the other comments about the ship and your experiences.

• Like 1