for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

20 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I saw that!  I think you're going to get it worse than we did.  Stay safe!

I gotta say that I must NEVER buy changeable tickets again!!  Freakin' hamster wheel.  Last night, I was thinking why am I going  back to Paris for a few days after Provence then going to Florence - why not do something else after Provence, get to Florence for a few days for the concert, then go back to Paris for maybe 2 days before I fly home.  That started the ball rolling downhill.  I could do a day in Monaco and visit my bobsled friends (although Albert may be too busy running the country 😉) then do a train down Italy, stopping maybe in Milan (only been at the airport and train station), maybe Bologna, maybe Naples, and ending in Florence.  I've been looking at rail schedules and the possibilities are just endless.  This is fun, though, with all my combinations I have go play with.  

P.S.  Did anyone else notice that the weirdness with not being able to log in or post seems to be gone??

I know what you mean. Some of the most fun I have is deciding where to go before/after a cruise or land trip and playing around with different combinations. Especially in places where the trains are good -- as you know, I'm not a fan of driving.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Cynthia, the being able to plan again has made me feel alive again 🙂  I actually booked our hotel rooms for our Thanksgiving cruise, we're going to take the train with our DD & SIL to San Diego for two nights, then get on the ship on Sunday, can't wait!    Are you still considering booking a river cruise? (I think that's what you mentioned)

The river cruise got shifted to a later date. 😥. But to console myself, I booked an early December cruise on Silhouette out of Fort Lauderdale. Not much planning involved other than how to ensure I book a test in time.

For the first time in ages I am planning to fly down on the day of the cruise. There are dozens of flights from ATL to FLL and weather shouldn't be an issue here (unless it is a pile-on effect from a winter storm somewhere else...). Florida, particularly S. Florida, still kind of gives me the creepies and I don't particularly want to stay in a hotel overnight. Especially since I am not (yet) eligible for a booster.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

The river cruise got shifted to a later date. 😥. But to console myself, I booked an early December cruise on Silhouette out of Fort Lauderdale. Not much planning involved other than how to ensure I book a test in time.

For the first time in ages I am planning to fly down on the day of the cruise. There are dozens of flights from ATL to FLL and weather shouldn't be an issue here (unless it is a pile-on effect from a winter storm somewhere else...). Florida, particularly S. Florida, still kind of gives me the creepies and I don't particularly want to stay in a hotel overnight. Especially since I am not (yet) eligible for a booster.

Just had to comment.  I wouldn't worry about S. Florida.  They seem to still follow the protocols.  I have read comments from people who live there about still wearing masks.  That is where the school districts would not give the parents opt outs for the kids wearing masks.  As for the booster, I got mine 3 weeks ago at Publix.  I just got online and picked which shot I wanted 1st, 2nd or 3rd and which manufacturer Moderna or Pfizer.  Super easy.  The only problem with the flights might be if that is an outbreak of the Freedom Flu that week.  Hopefully by the time you are flying that won't be an issue anymore.  Tests should be easier to get then too.  I drove by the testing site here two different times yesterday and there was no one there expect the people who do the tests. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Just had to comment.  I wouldn't worry about S. Florida.  They seem to still follow the protocols.  I have read comments from people who live there about still wearing masks.  That is where the school districts would not give the parents opt outs for the kids wearing masks.  As for the booster, I got mine 3 weeks ago at Publix.  I just got online and picked which shot I wanted 1st, 2nd or 3rd and which manufacturer Moderna or Pfizer.  Super easy.  The only problem with the flights might be if that is an outbreak of the Freedom Flu that week.  Hopefully by the time you are flying that won't be an issue anymore.  Tests should be easier to get then too.  I drove by the testing site here two different times yesterday and there was no one there expect the people who do the tests. 

I'm not eligible for the vaccine booster -- I'm not 65 yet and don't have any conditions. Even if I was, it hasn't yet been quite 6 months since my original vaccination. 

Testing here is still in rather high demand. I think more for travel and people going back to work than for COVID itself.

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 1

Hi girls😀 just checking in from out In the Med sea. Having a wonderful time, albeit we had some weather issues. You know how Mother Nature has that final call on the whole thing. We missed a port today but I am still happy to be on board again😀

Hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, awhfy said:

We leave next week. Trying to make the decision do we stay with our SW flights on Friday or do we drive out on Wednesday. I really don’t get a warm fuzzy about driving…& I love road trips

Melody,  we were on Alaska for our flight home last friday, what should have been a 2 hour 10 minute turned into an almost 8 hour odyssey... first our flight was delayed boarding, then we were taking off, then got sent back to gate, where we sat for almost 3 hours on plane...  rumor on the plane was that it was some sort of protest about vaccine mandates, so right now, if I could avoid flying a U.S. based airline, I would.  

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls😀 just checking in from out In the Med sea. Having a wonderful time, albeit we had some weather issues. You know how Mother Nature has that final call on the whole thing. We missed a port today but I am still happy to be on board again😀

Hope everyone is doing well.

Great to hear from you Lois!  Hopefully you rode out weather ok 🙂  enjoy the rest of your trip!

Hi Lois!  Good to know you're rolling with Mother Nature and enjoying yourself!

Ugh.  Blowing snow today.  Saw that about 3ft. of one of my aspen tree saplings broke off.  Most are really resiliant and rebound after being bent over.   Was going down to the Valley but, with the snow, decided otherwise.  Saw my hair stylist today - she lives down there and said the drive up the canyon wasn't pleasant.   We played with my hair a little bit by adding another brown in with my usual brown and my merlot highlights.  It's really subtle but makes the melt stand out a little more.  

OOTD:  my Vuori black performance joggers, gray Woolx Tshirt.  I wore my new Natural Life Sherpa hoodie as my outerwear.  A really comfy alternative to a jacket.  Plus it looks really cool 😎

• Like 1

Hi Ladies, some happy news, we finally  closed escrow on our flip house!  So as soon as I have time I will post some before & after pictures....  I didn't want to post them & jinx the deal lol 😉  I'm not normally superstitious, but in this case things seemed too good to be true...  very relieved & grateful to have this behind us 🙂

• Like 4

The husband and went up to Asheville for a couple of days. We hiked up to Catawba Falls--it had rained a lot the previous week, (and it was Columbus Day so the kids were out of school), so it was muddy and crowded. The falls were in their full glory, loud and cool.  We also went to the Biltmore House. We've both been before, but not together. They were setting up for Christmas, so we go to see some of that.

One of our neighbors works for a local distributor and got us free beer and t-shirts at Hi-Wire brewing. I tried a lemon meringue lager. It sounds weird, but it was pretty good.

We have a cold front coming through tomorrow. Our high Sunday is about the same as our low tonight. I'm looking forward to cooler weather.

DSC06127.JPG

• Like 1

Purple - sounds and looks like you had a nice few days up there around Ashville.  

My hair stylist took great joy at stirring my vacation pot yesterday.  She brought up that, since I don't have to be at my grand-niece's wedding until about Aug. 15, I could play more over in Europe and just fly straight to the wedding!!  This coming from the person who got a tip of a couple of weeks in a client's unit on the ResidenSea.  She and her bestie played around Croatia and Italy while cruising.  I don't think I can do that!!!

I thought it was Saturday today!!!  A small shock to the system when I figured out it was Friday!  

• Like 1

I think CC has not yet figured out it's problem with logging in/posting:  I had the issue back all day yesterday.  

Disappointing day yesterday.  3 of the items I bought for Winter work clothes arrived and only 2 worked right for me.  One was OK but the color just didn't go with me, the other one just totally didn't work as the waist was too low and a nasty "camel toe" effect - haven't seen that many on pants!!  So, I've got to pack them up and return them.  First time in a long time that I didn't have things work out.  

47 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Disappointing day yesterday.  3 of the items I bought for Winter work clothes arrived and only 2 worked right for me.  One was OK but the color just didn't go with me, the other one just totally didn't work as the waist was too low and a nasty "camel toe" effect - haven't seen that many on pants!!  So, I've got to pack them up and return them.  First time in a long time that I didn't have things work out.  

I'm a frequent flyer at the USPS and UPS near me since COVID. I like Nordstrom as they have free return shipping on things and I'm also a (charter) Amazon Prime person.

Right now I'm kicking myself -- I've been needing a new Kindle (had mine for ages) and they had a super low price a few days ago on the current model which is about to be superseded by a new model. I was fine with the current one but missed my window of opportunity and now the price is $20 higher.....  😱

On 10/15/2021 at 9:53 PM, slidergirl said:

Purple - sounds and looks like you had a nice few days up there around Ashville.  

We did. I might be ready to move there after I retire in a couple of years. Build a log cabin, garden, read, craft, hike. . . 

• Like 2

On 10/17/2021 at 10:51 AM, cruisemom42 said:

I'm a frequent flyer at the USPS and UPS near me since COVID. I like Nordstrom as they have free return shipping on things and I'm also a (charter) Amazon Prime person.

Right now I'm kicking myself -- I've been needing a new Kindle (had mine for ages) and they had a super low price a few days ago on the current model which is about to be superseded by a new model. I was fine with the current one but missed my window of opportunity and now the price is $20 higher.....  😱

Since I live up here in the hills, I've got my "Platinum status" with UPS and FedEx for years.  I know my drivers...

Keep an eye out for Prime Deals for that Kindle.  You never know when they put out a random sale.

It's a gloomy gray day here today.  Maybe some off/on rain and temp in the mid 40s.  Nothing going on for me, so I'm just hanging at home.  OOTD: again, my tie dye hoodie dress - if nothing else, the bright colors keep me awake. 

• Like 1

First time in days that I have been able to log in!  Looks like everyone is doing well! 

We are leaving this week to drive up to VA for some grandkid time, then back for a week before leaving on a short cruise.  I think I may have gone a little crazy booking cruises but after the past year, who cares?😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

First time in days that I have been able to log in!  Looks like everyone is doing well! 

We are leaving this week to drive up to VA for some grandkid time, then back for a week before leaving on a short cruise.  I think I may have gone a little crazy booking cruises but after the past year, who cares?😂

Sherri🙂

How fun!  

I probably wouldn't have booked another cruise so soon after the Alaska one -- but it was so great to be onboard AND to have a lower number of passengers that I wanted to get one more in before they start deciding to raise the passenger count per cruise. 

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it! 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

How fun!  

I probably wouldn't have booked another cruise so soon after the Alaska one -- but it was so great to be onboard AND to have a lower number of passengers that I wanted to get one more in before they start deciding to raise the passenger count per cruise. 

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it! 😉

You’re right! It is fun to have reduced numbers of passengers😂.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Hi Ladies, I'm able to login via my lap top, but not iPad...  hopefully issues will be taken care of soon 🙂

I received a call from my trial center, & will get a booster on Thursday 🙂   Glad to be receiving it before winter hits....

Melody, when do you leave for your cruise?  Did you decide between flying & driving yet?  I think we've decided to drive to San Diego rather than train....  it's actually cheaper to pay for parking, & DD doesn't get off work early enough to grab a good time for train.

Kat & Cynthia, I too have become the queen of online clothing shopping...  can't remember last time I shopped for clothing in person with exception of costco purchases...  I might face myself to attempt to shop a bit for the Thanksgiving cruise.....  

Off work now, & headed out for a hike/run 🙂

• Like 2

Hi girls😀 it is the last full day and we are at sea. I am so glad I took this cruise! After visiting Lisbon and these Islands I think this is now my 2nd favorite area of the world( Italy is #1). But I really do love Lisbon. We dock tomorrow and I stay overnight and fly home Thursday.

• Like 3

I’m having a real issue on the boards, shows I’m signed in but I can’t respond to anything. Irritating

we have decided to fly, neither of us feel like a 2-day drive looking at oil rigs. I’ve been keeping close track of our flights & 🤞🤞🤞. We leave at oh dark really early on Friday. Melody

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

I’m having a real issue on the boards, shows I’m signed in but I can’t respond to anything. Irritating

we have decided to fly, neither of us feel like a 2-day drive looking at oil rigs. I’ve been keeping close track of our flights & 🤞🤞🤞. We leave at oh dark really early on Friday. Melody

Fingers crossed for you as well. Hopefully no hassles!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

It is a bit of a PIA with the boards.  Sometimes I can post (like now), but last night I had to log off/get out of CC/exit browser/get back on CC/login twice before I could do anything.

Another nasty wet, heavy snow overnight and still going.  My poor tree saplings are taking a beating.  It's amazing how flexible they are, but right now they look pretty sad. 

Lois - it sounds like you have thoroughly enjoyed yourself on this cruise.  I've heard that Lisbon (and Portugal in general) is underrated as a travel destination.  

Later!

• Like 2

CC is really crazy, I was finally able to log on yesterday after days of not being able too and could not again this morning.  Suddenly, I can! 😂. Posting quickly before I get kicked off again!

Melody, have a safe trip, good luck with the airlines!  

Lois, glad you have had a great time!  I love Lisbon and would go back in a heartbeat!  When is your next cruise?

People are wearing sweaters and hoodies here in FL, we had a cold front come in so temps dropped to low 80’s during the day, 70’s at night.  Always makes this Indiana girl laugh!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2