for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi girls......I felt fine today-----up to about 4:00/4:30...........I decided to pop some popcorn and I am not sure what

happened.   If the bag had gone bad or it just did not agree with me but OMG......I got REALLY SICK..........😲

I mean sick sick...threw up all of it....I feel a bit better now and am just drinking some Ginger Ale but I had no 

apetite for dinner.    Talk about WEIRD!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls......I felt fine today-----up to about 4:00/4:30...........I decided to pop some popcorn and I am not sure what

happened.   If the bag had gone bad or it just did not agree with me but OMG......I got REALLY SICK..........😲

I mean sick sick...threw up all of it....I feel a bit better now and am just drinking some Ginger Ale but I had no 

TMI..

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Likely it was old popcorn. Microwave popcorn goes bad quickly. Hope you feel better

5 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Likely it was old popcorn. Microwave popcorn goes bad quickly. Hope you feel better

I had no idea....well, I do now............I feel much better this morning, thank you.  I had an English Muffin and cup of

coffee for breakfast.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sailor_Sally said:

I am glad you feel better Lois . I was concerned since G.I. symptoms sometimes signify Covid .

Thanks......I didn't realize that........there are so many different symptoms from it!👎   But no, nothing bad this

morning (thankfully) and I slept pretty well last night too. I was getting ready to do my morning walk but it started

pouring outside😮

1 hour ago, Sailor_Sally said:

I am glad you feel better Lois . I was concerned since G.I. symptoms sometimes signify Covid .

I had the same thought. There have been so many different symptoms in addition to those reported early on. Lois, glad to hear that you are feeling better. 

• Like 2

Speaking of Covid,  we haven’t heard from cruise kitty in awhile. Just hope the virus passed her mom and family by. 

Time to get going and take care of some stuff around the house. Not dressed up today and again no make up. 
Sharon

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 3

Hi Sharon, thanks so much........I was able to get in my walk after the rains came...........

We (here in the city) seem to be having more cases than before😲.......they keep talking about the convention.........

I have to wonder how many people will be infected from either catching it here or bringing it in from wherever

they come from☹️...the science would say not to have such a big event at this point in time!!!!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon, thanks so much........I was able to get in my walk after the rains came...........

We (here in the city) seem to be having more cases than before😲.......they keep talking about the convention.........

I have to wonder how many people will be infected from either catching it here or bringing it in from wherever

they come from☹️...the science would say not to have such a big event at this point in time!!!!!!!!!

My sister and I have told my elderly parents (who live in Jax) to stock up on everything and NOT to go out at all when/if this convention happens. Not that they go out except for groceries, doctors appts, and so on....

P.S.  Glad you are feeling better today!

Edited by cruisemom42

21 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

My sister and I have told my elderly parents (who live in Jax) to stock up on everything and NOT to go out at all when/if this convention happens. Not that they go out except for groceries, doctors appts, and so on....

P.S.  Glad you are feeling better today!

I have a close friend who lives in Miami---she told me the same thing.........stock up and not go out for those days.

We were actually going away on a trip that week but decided not to even do that...........I will stay here and she

will stay there. 

5 hours ago, orchestrapal said:

TMI..

You may not have been reading our postings for the past months - we've become a rather close group and we will talk about anything.  When you're locked up at home, it is a nice and healthy thing to have others to talk with!

Lois - Sorry you got sick from the popcorn.  I know how it is - every ill feeling you get, you wonder if it's a precursor to COVID.   Today would be one of those days that I would say "damn the carbs" and make myself a batch of rice - it's always a nice bland food for me.  If I have a box of chicken broth, I'll make a little soup with it.  

I saw the JAX chief of police on TV the other day - he said there is no way his dept can provide the necessary security and safety for the convention.  Then, someone from the campaign came on to "rebut" - said they had millions to throw at the dept.  Millions won't help if you don't have the staff...  There's still hope for a hurricane - they're ramping up!!!  

Cruise Mom - I wouldn't have thought of making a crustless pizza myself!  Another good thing to do.   I was trying to sate my sweet tooth yesterday.  I'm on a peach kick lately, so I was going to make a little cobbler.  But, I was too lazy and it was humid enough to make me feel like a slug, so that was out.  I looked at what I had and decided to try my first "dump cake."  Definitely not my thing.  I can't figure out how it was so sicky sweet - 2 cans peaches in juice, 1 box cake mix, 1 stick butter.  Oh well, I was thinking it could be a breakfast item - a little of this with some milk.  Oh well, it was a cheap experiment.   Tonight, I'm baking up a batch of chicken breasts.  They are really little ones, probably 2 make up a usual 1.  I'll use them for additions to whatever I make for the weekend.  I've got one Asian salad to do, some soft tacos, maybe just a chick sandwich, maybe some chicken soup.  I thought of making some Sonoma Chicken Salad (the recipe is on the Whole Foods site), but I don't have all the ingredients.

Awhfy - I got my running skirt and Tshirt from Athleta yesterday.  The skirt is a lot heavier than the others - I think the undershort is thicker, like maybe a compression short.  But, it's still cute and it'll go into rotation the next time I leave the house.  For $33, I'm not complaining!

OOTD: Trusty Athleta Hana shorts and an Adidas sleeveless tank.  

Sorry for the short story - I get going and can't stop!!!   Have a safe and good day!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I have a close friend who lives in Miami---she told me the same thing.........stock up and not go out for those days.

We were actually going away on a trip that week but decided not to even do that...........I will stay here and she

will stay there. 

Lois - it's what we do up here in Park City when the Sundance Film Festival comes to town in the winter - we hit up the stores and get what we need.  Go to work and go home.  Nothing else.   You're already used to being in "lockdown", so use that same behavior for the convention.  And, I'd be very, very careful out and about for 14 days after it ends!  

19 hours ago, Lois R said:

Lois, glad you are feeling better :)   I'm going to guess that Melody is right, rancid oil in the popcorn...  just FYI to everyone,  one of the absolute BEST purchases I've made is this silicone microwave popcorn bowl from Amazon,  you can add butter or oil or just airpop...  I buy the super cheap bagged plain popcorn kernels & sometimes we add spices,  put in dishwasher after use :)

https://www.amazon.com/Proper-Popper-Microwave-Collapsible-Dishwasher/dp/B07Y5RG915/ref=asc_df_B07Y5RG915/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385191967814&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15221209275261917775&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031052&hvtargid=pla-824563306534&psc=1&language=en_US&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=78082493949&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=385191967814&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15221209275261917775&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031052&hvtargid=pla-824563306534

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Speaking of Covid,  we haven’t heard from cruise kitty in awhile. Just hope the virus passed her mom and family by. 

Time to get going and take care of some stuff around the house. Not dressed up today and again no make up. 
Sharon

Hi there, so far so good,  several others from her workplace have tested positive, but so far Mom is fine,  I do wish she would get tested, but I can't control that sooo...

We are having our ups & downs with this situation,  apparently they knew people at her work were positive in early July & didn't tell anyone...  which leaves me speechless.  (actually not speechless lol  I dropped quite a few "F" bombs ;)     Just keeping busy with work during the day, & going on runs late at night when no ones out...  just me & the coyotes (& yes I wear a mask while running)  by the time I get home & shower it's after 10 & we watch a very odd rotation of comforting movies... I think we've watched Mama Mia & Eurovision at least  5 times each in the last weeks with a good deal of The Big Year & Walter Middy thrown in for good measure :)

Glad to hear that Kat continues to improve & Lois's popcorn incident wasn't something worse!  

fashion wise:  currently wearing:  bare feet, plaid flannel boxer shorts & very shabby tank top that says "Mustang"  

stay safe everyone!  & wear a mask :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi there, so far so good,  several others from her workplace have tested positive, but so far Mom is fine,  I do wish she would get tested, but I can't control that sooo...

We are having our ups & downs with this situation,  apparently they knew people at her work were positive in early July & didn't tell anyone...  which leaves me speechless.  (actually not speechless lol  I dropped quite a few "F" bombs 😉     Just keeping busy with work during the day, & going on runs late at night when no ones out...  just me & the coyotes (& yes I wear a mask while running)  by the time I get home & shower it's after 10 & we watch a very odd rotation of comforting movies... I think we've watched Mama Mia & Eurovision at least  5 times each in the last weeks with a good deal of The Big Year & Walter Middy thrown in for good measure 🙂

Glad to hear that Kat continues to improve & Lois's popcorn incident wasn't something worse!  

fashion wise:  currently wearing:  bare feet, plaid flannel boxer shorts & very shabby tank top that says "Mustang"  

stay safe everyone!  & wear a mask 🙂

OK.  I have to say that your mom's work situation really pisses me off.  There is no valid excuse for not telling people about the first case!!!  I wonder if you could "anonymously" report them to the county Health Dept?   It could actually be a case of community spread.  Just my opinion. 

When you run, do the coyotes know you by now?  Happened to me when I had a vacation place in Arizona.  I think the local wildlife knew me as one who threw scraps into the gully behind us - it was fun to watch them take turns munching and it kept them from feasting on local cats.  I even put up suet ornaments on my fence for the birds.  When I was out, the coyotes saw me, but never did anything.  I called them my "outside pets."  Do you wear a headlamp at night?  They might used to that, too.  

I had an ancient air popper, from the 80s.  Loved that thing.  I wasn't a salter for my popcorn, anyway.  Miss that thing.  I may have to look into that one on Amazon.   TRAVEL WARNING:  Don't get that bag of microwave popcorn out of the vending machines - you never know how long it's been in there!!!  

Hi girls, CK---that is HORRIBLE that the workplace did not inform anyone about the covid case!!!!!!!!!!  You would think

employers would all step up!   I agree with Kat and this type of issue should be reported to someone.  I have to 

shake my head about it.

The popper looks pretty cool.  I have not used a popper in years (always using Microwave popcorn).  But I might need

to look at that one too🙂

And they just cancelled the Jacksonville portion of the convention!

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, CK---that is HORRIBLE that the workplace did not inform anyone about the covid case!!!!!!!!!!  You would think

employers would all step up!   I agree with Kat and this type of issue should be reported to someone.  I have to 

shake my head about it.

The popper looks pretty cool.  I have not used a popper in years (always using Microwave popcorn).  But I might need

to look at that one too🙂

Lois - you beat me to the convention news!  I am so happy that you won't have to worry about this, if it stays true.   I'm still anxious for Charlotte, NC since they are still on the hook to have the rest of the convention.  Part was moved to JAX because they couldn't get what they wanted from the city in terms of packing in the crowd and not mandating masks.  

Just got a change in temperature (cooler) and it has that feeling and smell that rain is coming.  Had the same yesterday, but it ended up just being a "drive by" rain (about 5 minutes worth).  Still, the temp feels nice.  

I finished baking off the chicken.  Man, they were a lot smaller than I even thought.  That's OK, they'll get used faster.  Just baked them at 350 with some olive oil on them and then some of TJ's Everyday Seasoning ground on top of them.   

I had a postop appt today & have to have a ct & possibly more surgery 😢. I’ve developed a seroma on top of the long incision. He didn’t want to drain it before a ct as he wants to make sure it’s just fluid. I did get dressed in a new Chicos OTR outfit for my appt! Melody

068940DB-257A-4213-A650-26B8C70BE638.jpeg

Melody, sending you my best wishes and all good thoughts!

You look so pretty🙂.  I can't remember the last time I wore long pants with a jacket!

• Like 1

Cute outfit, Melody. Sorry to hear about your additional medical issues. Good thoughts coming your way.

Lois, happy to hear about the cancellation. That will be good for your city and so many others since people would have travelled from all over. I bet you are breathing a sigh of relief.

Kat, cooler weather is always welcome-send some our way, please! How is your eye doing? Hope the floaters are clearing up.  BTW, I know there is a mask requirement where you are but wondering about Salt Lake? 

CK. Your mom’s office situation is just unforgivable! Glad your mom is doing ok.  I’m guessing that if positive cases weren’t shared among employees, those with the virus may not have isolated or told other contacts, which makes everything that much worse.  However, there isn’t much you can do. I don’t know if you can report  anonymously. 

Well, today was not a good day. The months of dealing with this caught up with me I guess. I started out with good intentions but couldn’t get motivated to do much more than some minor jobs. That allowed the guilt to creep in. I feel like I wasted the day. Oh and I napped which means I will be up late tonight. I can’t believe how life has changed since March and not for the better! Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Made a big salad for dinner. Added enough extras to keep DH happy and then fresh strawberries with the coconut whipped cream for dessert. 
Sharon

• Like 1

Good morning girls......Sharon, sending you (((((((hugs)))))).......we all have those days.....hope today is a better

one for you😀

I take a medication that has to be UPS'd to me every month from a Specialty Pharmacy and normally they overnight

it (since it is a med).....well, I should have received it no later than today.....checking the UPS website, it missed their

truck👎.....it made it here to Jacksonville (sent from Tampa) but missed the delivery truck for me today.........I

just called UPS and at least I reached a supervisor. He is not here but called the local warehouse and hopefully 

somehow, someone will get this to me today........I don't want it sitting in their warehouse all weekend😲.  I am not

out of them but always like to be safe and get them a couple of days ahead........it is good I do that too!

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

Yay, that makes me feel better for my parents' safety. 

It's another sticky, humid day here. I ordered two new pima cotton t-shirts from Talbots at their super low sale prices (they were about $12.50 each), and got them yesterday. Definitely summery colors, makes me feel like kicking back with a nice frost drink and enjoying the weekend. I may have to get one of those water misters so I can actually stand to BE outside for more than a few minutes in my backyard.

Cynthia, I know how you feel..........I am walking every day and have to make sure I go in the morning, otherwise

it is just way too HOT😲 and I love the feel of PIMA cotton!!! It is so soft.

UPS actually called me back and my meds are on the truck and should be delivered this afternoon🙂