Anybody know which cruise ships have, or will, be disembarking?

Wishing on a star

I know somebody here just off the Sirena.   Not sure when exactly..  Today?

Is anybody here keeping up with any ships that are just recently arriving back and disembarking?

I know of somebody who just got back from a cruise, and is not well.  But, I am hoping to find out which cruise without going and asking.

I only know for sure that the Grand Princess has recently finally disembarked all passengers.  And the ship had the COVID coronavirus.  I am not aware of any other ships arriving and disembarking recently.   If this is true, I would have to assume that she passed the temperature, or whatever, screening and flew home.  Now she is very sick, and getting tested.  She is elderly.  Ohhh My!!!!

Edited by Wishing on a star

14 minutes ago, basor said:

I believe all ships have disembarked around the world and passengers have flown back home.....Marina is sailing back to Miami and went through the Panama Canal today

Marina is waiting to go thru the Panama they don't go thru until Friday

I saw this posted on another line’s boards (did not check it myself):

Meanwhile, two Silversea ships - Explorer and Shadow - are in nightmarish situations, both having had either passengers or crew being diagnosed with Covid-19. For several days the Explorer has been moored in Chile near Castro and the Shadow is in Recife, Brazil. 

I believe other ships with cases of the virus were the Regal Princess, Grand Princess, Braemar  & Silver sea ship

Also people flying back to Canada from Barbados  tested positive

so people could have been infected from the Islands or other port stops

They are finding now that the virus can live on some surfaces up to 72 hrs  just waiting for some unsuspecting person to  touch the surface

You may not have symptoms but can pass on the virus

We are staying in as much as possible  and have been for several weeks

Most places are now shut down anyway

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

I know somebody here just off the Sirena.   Not sure when exactly..  Today?

Is anybody here keeping up with any ships that are just recently arriving back and disembarking?

I know of somebody who just got back from a cruise, and is not well.  But, I am hoping to find out which cruise without going and asking.

if you were in contact with them  then I would  ask them or family member where they were

JMO

Sirena disembarked on schedule in Miami Wednesday 8AM. No one on this cruise was known to be ill in any way......yet.

Is there a way to find out if anyone subsequently becomes ill after returning home?

15 minutes ago, tripperva said:

Sirena disembarked on schedule in Miami Wednesday 8AM. No one on this cruise was known to be ill in any way......yet.

Is there a way to find out if anyone subsequently becomes ill after returning home?

I am sure they will post here

Were you on the cruise &  sick?

Florida  has 330 cases  so I am sure Miami may have a few

They could have become infected once they returned home as well 

All I can say if you were/are travelling  self isolate  as suggested by health authorities

JMO

As mentioned, no one at all was ill on the Sirena cruise. The only incident of note was that the piano player fell down and broke his wrist. The Antigua government would not allow him off the boat for treatment so he had to wait 4 days until Miami for

treatment. I think there was a visa issue. It will be interesting to see if anyone becomes ill after the disembarkation because Oceania was very good about sanitizing everything on board all day long. It's a good cruise line.

7 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I wonder when it set sail as I thought all cruise lines were suspended

Guess  not

There is a picture of MSC Preciosa leaving Barbados on 3/18 in the “albums” posted by Aplmac

3 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

There is a picture of MSC Preciosa leaving Barbados on 3/18 in the “albums” posted by Aplmac

Thanks Paul

& people returning here from Barbados  have the virus  😲

1 hour ago, tripperva said:

As mentioned, no one at all was ill on the Sirena cruise. The only incident of note was that the piano player fell down and broke his wrist. The Antigua government would not allow him off the boat for treatment so he had to wait 4 days until Miami for

treatment.

WOW  That is sad

They good have isolated him & put a cast on  before the ship set sail

Hopefully he will be OK

3 hours ago, tripperva said:

We didn’t think anyone was ill with Corona on our Feb 26 Riviera cruise, but we received an email today telling us a passenger tested positive when they returned home.  With this nasty virus, you never know.  People could be a carrier and never display symptoms. 

13 minutes ago, kitty9 said:

With this nasty virus, you never know.  People could be a carrier and never display symptoms. 

According to our government  that is true

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/symptoms.html

Also they have discovered the virus can live on hard surfaces for up to 72 hrs

10 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

What us the status of the Insignia ATW Cruise?

The cruise ended in Rio last weekend and they all flew home from Rio.....Insignia then sailed on with skeleton crew to the Bahamas and NCL's private Island

On 3/19/2020 at 12:04 PM, LHT28 said:

I saw just this morning a NY Times article in their Travel Section (paper version available tomorrow but the online version was available today).  According to that article the ship knew they had a sick passenger but didn't do anything about it.

Passengers Fell Ill With Coronavirus — The Ship Sailed On
Even as Covid-19 sickened passengers, the Costa Luminosa was slow to act to prevent infections, despite two previous serious outbreaks on its parent company’s ships. https://*****.com/tgmjhmy. (My experience with CC is that they blank out part of a tiny url:  Maybe this will work:  type in ***** dot com slash and then tgmhjmy.

If you are a NYT subscriber, just go to the Travel section.  Or email me privately (see below) and I can send it to you.

Mura