Cruise Critic Community
Keith1010

Live Views - Crystal Serenity - Fremantle, Australia

The views are similar to yesterday although less sunny as Serenity continues to make her way to land.

I have to say I am not one who often looks at the live views section but recently started to do this at around the same time recently.  

605099257_ScreenShot2020-03-27at12_52_27AM.thumb.jpeg.2bed2d1f62c2d1d0ced87cbebc8b0f20.jpeg

Just checked on one of the websites that reports where all the ships are currently located. The Serenity reported 21 minutes ago from the Indian Ocean, sailing at 8.8 knots and scheduled to arrive at Singapore April 4th. 🙂

Patty

A little more overcast today as Serenity continues sailing towards Singapore.

Keith

1496988763_ScreenShot2020-03-29at5_51_47AM.thumb.jpeg.08e35b2f35f43d1fb95deb0e78347de5.jpeg

On 3/26/2020 at 9:09 PM, BWIVince said:

IIRC, Genting has a good relationship with the Sembcorp shipyard in Singapore from operating ships in the region for so long, but I don't think they hold a stake in anywhere they could dock the ship in Singapore.  It could well be less expensive to dock the ship in Singapore than in Europe for the time being though, or give it access to more services or some other use.  

From where I sit, which is in a VERY different place than where Crystal sits, I feel like the summer Europe season is getting further out of focus every few days.  Not that it can't happen, but it's getting less and less clear to me what it would look like if it did proceed.  A lot can happen between now and then though. 

This is complete speculation, but Crystal may just be holding off sending the ship all the way to Europe until they get a little clearer picture of what the summer might look like.  I think they have more time than they did when they originally talked about Piraeus -- a restart in May is looking less likely than it did even days ago...  [With the caveat that the lens that I'm looking through is different than a cruise line's.]

Vince

Re your last paragraph I think with the latest figures for Europe and the UK which could 

now be on some form of lockdown for 6 months it is prudent of Crystal to hold both ships in Singapore. They can then cancel the European Season for both ships, Symphony to resume sailing as advertised from November and Serenity to return to North America for her North America/Canada season.

This I think would make Business sense providing the intend countries are open for business

Just my thoughts on the current situation going forward.

Serenity continues to sail towards Singapore.

A live few from a couple of minutes ago.

Keith

853519960_ScreenShot2020-03-30at5_16_57AM.thumb.jpeg.57ad767534c2aed605107996cc443c13.jpeg

A live view from a moment ago as Serenity continues to sail towards Singapore.

Keith

1300557488_ScreenShot2020-03-31at1_32_28AM.thumb.jpeg.9589b45eb58cf32734be9d6c9404ee26.jpeg

Unfortunately live views are not available until the ships are back in service so the latest on Serenity without a live photo from the webcam.

Keith

1445013980_ScreenShot2020-04-01at1_26_18AM.jpeg.e3436b3914c5532d5127b6558cc09180.jpeg

948632252_ScreenShot2020-04-01at1_25_51AM.jpeg.21193c71570f280b11daa2475da3b057.jpeg

Darn!  I have been peeking at the web cam every day and although there wasn't much to see, somehow the view was calming.......

Thanks for the position map though Keith.  It keeps the connection to dream of future cruises!

~Nancy

Crystal Serenity didn't receive permission to dock in Singapore.

They are now hoping for Malaysia which was always an alternative.

Obviously even when docked (somewhere) many crew will have to stay since their home countries are locked down.

I can't think of too many safer places to be than on the ship at this point in time.

Latest view.

1078325659_ScreenShot2020-04-03at12_30_09AM.jpeg.6bd88ce2243965a6883eef147b0e35cd.jpeg

Keith

10 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I can't think of too many safer places to be than on the ship at this point in time.

Keith

I’m not sure all those people who have been, or currently are, stuck on ships at sea with no idea for how long, would agree with you there!!!!  

Anne...

Anne, they certainlly

3 minutes ago, Jayayeff said:

I’m not sure all those people who have been, or currently are, stuck on ships at sea with no idea for how long, would agree with you there!!!!  

Anne...

Anne you are right when it comes to those ships with the virus and the horrible situation people found themselves in.

However, this isn't the case with Serenity where there have been no Coronavirus issues and it is a very safe environment for the crew who are on-board right now.

Keith

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Anne you are right when it comes to those ships with the virus and the horrible situation people found themselves in.

However, this isn't the case with Serenity where there have been no Coronavirus issues and it is a very safe environment for the crew who are on-board right now.

Keith

I was actually referring to ‘virus free’ ships, and there are still several of those at sea. Passengers, many with medical issues, who are thousands of miles from their homes, families, etc., and from the ones I’m aware of these extended cruises to nowhere is becoming very stressful, and any novelty value has well and truly worn off!!!!   

Anne...

Edited by Jayayeff

14 minutes ago, Jayayeff said:

I was actually referring to ‘virus free’ ships, and there are still several of those at sea. Passengers, many with medical issues, who are thousands of miles from their homes, families, etc., and from the ones I’m aware of these extended cruises to nowhere is becoming very stressful, and any novelty value has well and truly worn off!!!!   

Anne...

Thanks for clarifying this Anne  I now understand what you meant.  😀

Keith

I’m hearing they’ll arrive in Malaysia on the 6th. Let’s not forget that Genting are big in Malaysia so they may well have relationships and influence there which will allow them to use a port there 

Not that I'd want to be locked down anywhere but if I had a choice - a Crystal ship would be near the top.  Sure it isn't like when real cruises happen but still a great ship, etc.

Marine Traffic now showing arrival Port Klang, Malaysia on 4/6/20 at 8:00am.

Rob

\Yes as it stands now she is supposed to arrive by 8:00 on the 6th.

IMG_0137.thumb.jpeg.4552deb03e51c129144a5eabc90b3008.jpeg

There is a saying "It's not over until the Fat Lady Sings".

Let's hope she gets there.

Keith

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

\Yes as it stands now she is supposed to arrive by 8:00 on the 6th.

IMG_0137.thumb.jpeg.4552deb03e51c129144a5eabc90b3008.jpeg

There is a saying "It's not over until the Fat Lady Sings".

Let's hope she gets there.

Keith

At this rate we may have to start calling this The Serenity Flying Dutchman Cruise - Deadhead Edition!!! 🤨

I would say as little as possible here but Malaysia banned all cruise ships a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, datolim said:

I would say as little as possible here but Malaysia banned all cruise ships a few weeks ago.

Where’s Genting based again...?

Two of their ships are anchored off Langkawi. The other World Dream is dock in Rotterdam for over a week now.

4 hours ago, datolim said:

They are anchored there.  Should dock on Wednesday.

Keith