For those cruising later this year, what are you doing?

We have Harmony booked December 6, leaving from FL.  How confident is everyone booked for cruises late 2020/early 2021?  I have until September 5th to cancel with full refund.  So plenty of time to decide.  I’d prefer to stay booked and proceed with the cruise.  I’m just uncertain, if things get worse or RCL goes bankrupt and I don’t get my deposit back.  

I have Harmony scheduled on May 3rd, not sure how that is going to play out.  Have Liberty scheduled for August 30th, more confident on this one.  It’s wait and see at this point. 

• Like 1

That's way too far in the future to do anything.  I'm not changing my reservation for the Allure WB TA in November unless Royal tells me something.  Think positively!

Edited by Teeara
  • Like 6

August 24 cruise. Waiting until 92 days for decision. Fully refundable deposit- win. Airline flight price crashed, still have to book- win. Did not purchase insurance yet, not needed until past 90 day cancel period- win. Played my cards right and will wait til end of May to see what holds. Will cancel though with any uncertainly. Of course Canada is closed until July 1 with no update until June 30 so would not be surprised to see cruise cancelled because cruise lines will not hold sailing with uncertainty that close. Of course some other ports will have to accept them so who knows how it is handled.

We're waiting for Royal to cancel our May Alaska cruise due to the Canadian port closures.  There's a thought that the PVSA act could be suspended or overturned to allow this cruise to take place (if cruising has resumed) but that is probably a long shot.  Can't see the Federal Government putting the time and energy in to that right now, nor should they in my opinion. Even if this cruise somehow departs as scheduled we would cancel under the Cruise with Confidence program and rebook for next summer.  Too many unknowns and questions for us to cruise again in the next few months.

Our next cruise is January 2021 to the Caribbean out of Miami and we're planning on taking that one, for now.  We'll continue to make our decisions about travel as the facts, data and reliable information comes out.  The one thing we'll do differently for this cruise is wait to make our final payment and make our cruise planner purchases closer to the cruise for a little more control over the finances with the cruise.  

Since it is the grandeur and we want to sail on her once more and our cruise next week was cancelled, we would LOVE to sail in June and for now intend to do so. However, it is a cruise that includes several Canadian ports and if they are blocked to ships then that cruise will look very different to us than it does now (the cabin we is far was too pricey to end up in Nassau!).  For now, we have our fingers crossed that this will improve and Canadian ports will open. We will see.

• Like 3

We've got a Celebrity September 2020 , a RC B2B March 2021 and a Celebrity September 2021 cruises booked. Hope all are a go. If not we'll wait Celebrity and RC out. Rather have them throw us overboard. Celebrity threw us overboard for our Summit B2B cruise for March and April 2020. Glad we waited as the offer was 100% refund or 125% FCC. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

We've got a Celebrity September 2020 , a RC B2B March 2021 and a Celebrity September 2021 cruises booked. Hope all are a go. If not we'll wait Celebrity and RC out. Rather have them throw us overboard. Celebrity threw us overboard for our Summit B2B cruise for March and April 2020. Glad we waited as the offer was 100% refund or 125% FCC. 

Which one did you choose, refund or fcc

43 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

We're waiting for Royal to cancel our May Alaska cruise due to the Canadian port closures.  There's a thought that the PVSA act could be suspended or overturned to allow this cruise to take place (if cruising has resumed) but that is probably a long shot.  Can't see the Federal Government putting the time and energy in to that right now, nor should they in my opinion. Even if this cruise somehow departs as scheduled we would cancel under the Cruise with Confidence program and rebook for next summer.  Too many unknowns and questions for us to cruise again in the next few months.

Our next cruise is January 2021 to the Caribbean out of Miami and we're planning on taking that one, for now.  We'll continue to make our decisions about travel as the facts, data and reliable information comes out.  The one thing we'll do differently for this cruise is wait to make our final payment and make our cruise planner purchases closer to the cruise for a little more control over the finances with the cruise.  

Ditto on Alaska even though its late May. 

Closer in - . Also waiting for Royal to cancel April 18 Rhapsody TPA - Spain transatlantic. How are we sure we could go to the ports and get off then fly home. 

We are canceling our 2 for this year.  Not because I am scared of cruising.... but because I am scared for my job. I don't want to tie up cash in a cruise that could end up being a FCC.  It's sad, but a real fear.

• Like 3

Newly found link and info about Canada cancellation of port entry to >500 pax ships until July 1 2020 at earliest: 

Government of Canada announces intention to defer the start of cruise ship season in Canada as COVID-19 response measure

News release

March 13, 2020           Ottawa          Transport Canada and Public Health Agency of Canada

Ensuring the safety and security of Canadians is the Government of Canada’s top priority. 

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced a comprehensive $1 billion COVID-19 Response Fund in response to the pandemic. The Fund will help put in place the plans, infrastructure, and resources needed to protect the health and safety of all Canadians.

Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer has issued a formal health advisory, recommending that Canadians avoid going on cruise ships at this time. The health risk is for all the people touched by the cruise ship industry in Canada.

To further complement these measures, today the Minister of Transport, the Honourable Marc Garneau, announced the implementation of new measures pertaining to cruise ships in Canadian waters. 

In 2019, Canada welcomed over 140 cruise ships that came to our shores directly from more than 10 different countries. The cruise industry brings at least 2 million travellers to our coasts annually.

As a response to COVID-19, the Government of Canada will defer the start of the cruise ship season in Canada, from April 2, 2020, to July 1, 2020, at the earliest. This deferral will apply to cruise ships capable of carrying more than 500 passengers and crew members.

Given the limited public health capacity in Canada’s Northern communities, the cruise ship season for vessels with Canadian Arctic stops will be deferred for the entire season this year. This would apply to cruise ships of all sizes.

While this measure does not apply to ferries or smaller vessels at this time, the Government of Canada is also developing an approach to ensure health measures are strengthened in all passenger vessels across Canada.

The Government of Canada recognizes that COVID-19 is having a major impact on the economy and communities across Canada. We are continually assessing the risks of the COVID-19 based on science and evidence, and consulting with our government, industry and regional health partners. Further decisions on whether the season can resume on July 1, 2020, will be based on science and evidence in the best interests of the health and safety of Canadians

The Government of Canada will continue to engage with the Tourism sector and regional partners to understand the effects of COVID-19 on local businesses and their employees.

These measures are part of a larger strategy the Government of Canada is implementing that prioritizes the health and safety of Canadians, ensures the capacity of the public health-care system, aligns Canada’s international and domestic approaches, and strives to mitigate the health and economic impacts in Canada.

Canadians who are planning to travel abroad are reminded to consult the Government of Canada’s Travel Advice and Advisories and register with the Registration of Canadians Abroad service.