How are the Swans doing 2020

42 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

No tall forwards and no tall ruck. And to make matters worse, Josh Kennedy got injured in the first quarter.

I don't understand why the Swans dropped Alir Alir. They could certainly do with another tall back against the Richmond forwards. I think some clubs have adjusted better than others with the changes in the season. 

Leigh

I am still a novice at this game but I did notice that taller forwards seem to do better. And maybe it's just me, but the Swans don't appear to be very good at moving the ball around--lots of dropped passes, kicks to no one, and too many missed goals. I think they missed Josh Kennedy yesterday and they really need Buddy back.

I hope it doesn't take a couple of years to get back 😧

Go Swans!

7 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

I am still a novice at this game but I did notice that taller forwards seem to do better. And maybe it's just me, but the Swans don't appear to be very good at moving the ball around--lots of dropped passes, kicks to no one, and too many missed goals. I think they missed Josh Kennedy yesterday and they really need Buddy back.

I hope it doesn't take a couple of years to get back 😧

Go Swans!

The conditions, pouring rain for most of the second half, did impact the skills. Both sides struggled.

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

The conditions, pouring rain for most of the second half, did impact the skills. Both sides struggled.

Yep, that rain was really something, love to have some of it here! Both sides struggled but I'm starting to think the Swans make other teams look better than they are 😮

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Yep, that rain was really something, love to have some of it here! Both sides struggled but I'm starting to think the Swans make other teams look better than they are 😮

They certainly can do that almost as good as the Crows.

35 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They certainly can do that almost as good as the Crows.

Thank heavens for the Crows, otherwise the Swans would be the poster team for bad! There's always next week.

Go Swans! (to echo By The Bay).

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Of the teams (Adelaide and Sydney) I like to see do well, I have Port on top of the ladder and the Crows and Swans propping it up. Giants are in the middle. A mixed bag to say the least.

"Crows and Swans propping it up"--so diplomatic! I think Port will stay on top, Crows and Swans will duke it out for the bottom. I like the Giants because that is the name of my fav American football team--as in my avatar. I may have to start barracking for the GWS Giants.

Mixed bag indeed.

Go Swans!

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

"Crows and Swans propping it up"--so diplomatic! I think Port will stay on top, Crows and Swans will duke it out for the bottom. I like the Giants because that is the name of my fav American football team--as in my avatar. I may have to start barracking for the GWS Giants.

Mixed bag indeed.

Go Swans!

The Giants are Greater Western Sydney but for some strange reason Canberra (ACT Government) is a sponsor so that they play a few games down here each season. That is not going to happen this year though due to Covid 19. I feel like I have to go for them as well as I am paying taxes to support them anyway so may as well get my monies worth.

"Victorian AFL teams will be based in Queensland for up to 10 weeks as part of a bid to get most of the 2020 season completed amid the coronavirus pandemic.

So far, the league has completed six rounds of a reduced 17-game season, with an eight-team finals series to come.

The AFL has announced the fixture for rounds seven and eight.

McLachlan said that the league was unable to announce games for the remainder of the season, but would work with the clubs and the AFL Players Association to confirm upcoming rounds as soon as possible." ABC

On 3/19/2020 at 6:20 PM, NSWP said:

Who really cares how the Swans are going, the entire AFL season should be cancelled.  Run by egotists.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Can we change this to a cricket thread?  Standby for incoming🤣

Maybe you should start a separate thread?

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Another loss for the Swans, not a good season at all. Was only 10 points down at half time but ended up losing by 32 points - 13.14 (92) Gold Coast - 9.6 (60) Swans,

Thanks for saving me the trouble of checking their score. I was afraid it might be something like this.

Essendon lost by a lot and this morning, I saw that the Giants got beat pretty good by the Lions.  I saw a little of that game when I woke up early in the am. I am hoping that Carlton-Port will be closer but I have my doubts.

Still a Swans fan!

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

I think the Carlton v's Port game will be a closer affair than the poor Swanies game.

Well, that may not be saying much, the Swanies need help 🙂 I'm hoping it's at least somewhat close, since I will be able to stay awake for the whole game. I was thinking maybe the Hawks-Melbourne game would be close, since they are both in the lower half??? I am going to try and stay awake for the first half but it is getting tougher as I get older!

Are the swans hosting open tryouts to try and recruit better players??? 😁😉

Go Swans!

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

Maybe you should start a separate thread?

I am not that keen, played cricket in my younger days and watch it these days on TV, or attend the odd test match.  How come a North American got interested in Arial Ping Pong? 

Howzat !!!!   'Not out !!!'

Edited by NSWP