How are the Swans doing 2020

I heard on the Bombers’ game coverage that the games were being broadcast internationally, so wondered if you will be able to see the games. Can you record it and watch tomorrow?

Leigh

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

I heard on the Bombers’ game coverage that the games were being broadcast internationally, so wondered if you will be able to see the games. Can you record it and watch tomorrow?

Leigh

Short answer, no. We have a DVR but it isn't hooked up. It's another one of the contradictions I live with. DH is a crazed audiophile, has tons of electronics equipment laying around (including a DVR) but most of it is unused. Weird but true!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Yes, excellent point. 

On a related note, I was surprised to read that Aussies are also having trouble acquiring toilet paper. I thought it was just the US that was hoarding something that won't help any of the symptoms of the virus. I do feel better now.

A high point of my day today was shopping during senior hours and they were handing out large packages of TP as we entered. I took one since I haven't even seem TP for 2 weeks in any store. I feel much better for some reason now....

Same in the UK too from what relatives there have said. Our local supermarkets didn’t have any this morning evidently. I shopped in seniors’ time slot on Thursday morning. It was very civilised! 

Leigh

3 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

This has been discussed on the Saints fans fb page. My opinion is that one of the main reasons you buy a membership is to support your club. Now, I understand that that motivation might vary depending on which club it is* but I still think it's a major consideration. I wouldn't dream of asking for a partial refund of my reserved seat membership for that reason. I understood very early on with this out-of-this-world event that is the virus that every single one of us is going to take a hit, financially as well as personally, so I think it's important to support the businesses and clubs that you would normally to help them to survive (as much as any of us will be able to given we'll all have less income).

*by which I mean that some clubs might be closer to financial annihilation than others and have less success and the fans just hang in there to keep them going

Thanks for the response.  I actually understated the membership cost which was just in excess of $2.5k for premium seating.  I could possibly cop to a partial refund to maybe budget seating which would be quite a significant difference.  West Coast Eagles are far from struggling financially and I've decided to contact them on Monday and find out what they've got in mind.  

• Like 1

Ours was civilized but crowded. And  they are not enforcing the 60 and over rule. Heard from a friend there was an argument over TP at one store and another friend said that people were angry when they were told the door they were standing at wasn't going to open. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

Good luck with that travel plan.  🙂

Someday, the borders will open, the virus will be behind us, cruise lines will be back in operation, TP will be plentiful and we can return to Australia. 🤞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Someday, the borders will open, the virus will be behind us, cruise lines will be back in operation, TP will be plentiful and we can return to Australia. 🤞

Either that or the world will end and then cruising will be the least of our concerns.  I'm voting for a full economic and health recovery by Christmas.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, possum52 said:

Swans winning now!

10 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

Swans hung on for a win 74 to 71. A very weird experience with no crowd. You could hear the boys on field calling out. Glad no swearing was picked up.

I watched the 1st quarter but couldn't make it for the rest. When I went to bed they were losing and looked sort of bad. happy they came back for the win!

Go Swans!

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

They were back already by half time with a lead of 8 points

Ahh, I should have tried to stay awake. Sounds like it was pretty exciting. It's been a long week here, we had our dining room floor replaced and had to unpack all the furniture so it could be moved, then it took 3 days for the install, which finished yesterday. And we replaced the baseboards. I was too tired last night to resist sleep.

Go Swans!

3 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Glad no swearing was picked up

3 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

happy they came back for the win!

I suspect they might have been read the riot act about swearing  / sledging and the sensitivity of microphones on the ground.  Glad they had a win for you.

Now today to my boys...........GO THE MIGHTY EAGLES!!!!!!

1 minute ago, NoWhiners said:

That's weird--my user ID shows up with the no swearing comment but Cruisegroover actually made the comment. I've never seen that before on these boards!

We're certainly living in interesting times.