Urgent - Ruby Princess 3 people infected - Urgent Tracking of Passengers

People have disembarked from Ruby Princess not knowing there were some people on board with Corona Virus. 13 had been tested, 4 were positive (1 crew, 3 passengers) I passenger has gone on to Tasmania, 1 is in hospital.

2700 passengers, 1100 crew  SMS Messages have gone out tracking everyone.  Everyone on board should self isolate. 

Ruby Princess was considered a low risk cruise ship because it was a cruise between Aus and NZ.

From memory, Ruby Princess departed extra late from Sydney for this cruise to NZ.

Edited by MMDown Under

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I hope they get everyone isolated fast, although it is probably too late now.

I was just absorbing that the number infected from that Society wedding is now 35, when this latest news came through. 

I'm impressed that cruise ships have to provide contact details of all passengers within the hour to the Government.  I hope the one who went to Tasmania didn't come in contact with too many people en route and in Tassie. 

My daughter thought I was crazy seriously considering a cruise to NZ - she was right!

Edited by MMDown Under

Ironically, as I sat down to watch the tv news of the Ruby Princess, I checked my emails.

Amongst them was one from Princess for a survey about our travel and holiday plans 2020.

Edited by megsie

1 minute ago, megsie said:

Ironically, as I sat down to watch the tv news of the Ruby Princess, I checked my emails.

amongst them was one from Princess for a survey about our travel and holiday plans 2020.

Bad timing on their part.  They'll have to change the names of the ships!

4 minutes ago, Purples said:

Is Ruby on another cruise? Read that the crew member went back on board with a new group of passengers - thought they were halted

This ship is off NSW Coast near Wollongong.  I think I heard the crew member was on board. 

Edited by MMDown Under

I hate to say it but what a stuffup by Princess Cruise Line, permitting 2700 pax to disembark before the test results were known.  The pax should have been held on board until results known.

Now potentially there are a couple of thousand infected former Ruby passengers now walking around NSW and probably Australia or even gone overseas. They could be in your town, your street, your local club or café.  Plus the crew still on board.

A potential disaster.  It has the media attention, big time.

Edited by NSWP

52 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I hate to say it but what a stuffup by Princess Cruise Line, permitting 2700 pax to disembark before the test results were known.  The pax should have been held on board until results known.

Now potentially there are a couple of thousand infected former Ruby passengers now walking around NSW and probably Australia or even gone overseas. They could be in your town, your street, your local club or café.  Plus the crew still on board.

A potential disaster.  It has the media attention, big time.

While I don't like to wish anything bad on others, especially at a time like this.....I hope a lot of people lose their jobs over this absolutely pathetic debacle!!!!

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Princess just cannot take a trick.

One can't help but wonder why?

Princess needs to have a honest look at themselves and answer the hard questions.  

Have they reduced their standards?  If so, that would be false economy!

Do they have enough staff to look after their passengers and keep the ship spotless?  

How many cabins are cabin stewards responsible to keep clean?

And that is just for starters.

Would it be the responsibility of Princess to decide if passengers could disembark or not? I assumed it would be the NSW health authorities who would make the decision with Australian Border Forces. The Golden Princess passengers were only allowed to disembark after the Victorian health authorities gave the all clear to do so. 

Leigh

• Like 2

This cruise was immediately after the cruise we got off on the 8th March. Our cruise was also around NZ - instead of blaming Princess personally, what about the passenger that boarded Ruby on the 8th March sick? Coronavirus takes 5-6 days to take hold so someone who came on after this date bought the virus on. 
It’s not like people didn’t know about Coronavirus on the 8th March?

Personal responsibility has to play some part here - can’t make Princess, our Government, Council etc etc etc responsible for this thing. Need to start taking care of ourselves (and others) don’t we think?

5 minutes ago, possum52 said:

assumed it would be the NSW health authorities who would make the decision with Australian Border Forces.

On the 8th we were held on board Ruby until NSW Health gave us the ok to disembark - this is why I know at the end of that 14 day cruise there was no virus. It had to come on board after that ....... with a thoughtless passenger or crew member 🤔

4 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

On the 8th we were held on board Ruby until NSW Health gave us the ok to disembark - this is why I know at the end of that 14 day cruise there was no virus. It had to come on board after that ....... with a thoughtless passenger or crew member 🤔

Unfortunately the passenger/crew member may not have known they were infected at that time, particularly if they didn’t have any symptoms when they boarded. Hopefully once the symptoms started they went to the medical centre. 

Leigh

Edited by possum52

True, though it then would have been Princess’ problem if this had happened and when Ruby docked all passengers would have been notified?
 It seems this didn’t happen and potentially sick people have left the ship. To supposedly self isolate but they had to get home first .... holes in the system no matter how hard they try 🤔

Feel for Princess who I think didn’t know until the testing began by NSW Health in port!!

36 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

On the 8th we were held on board Ruby until NSW Health gave us the ok to disembark -

So, NSW Health gave authority for passengers to disembark from the previous Ruby Princess cruise. If they had to do so, I have to ask if they also gave authority for the disembarkation yesterday.

You would think this would be the case with Ruby, particularly when Golden Princess was held all day by Vic Health before their passengers were released in Melbourne. So NSW Health etc. would’ve made the call to release passengers yesterday???

Edited by Porky55

15 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

So, NSW Health gave authority for passengers to disembark from the previous Ruby Princess cruise. If they had to do so, I have to ask if they also gave authority for the disembarkation yesterday.

Good point and think of the many hundreds of pax who walked off the ship onto the trains and buses and may have infected others.  Scary.😬   I see Ruby is still floating off Sydney, awaiting orders, according to Marine Traffic.

Edited by NSWP