Urgent - Ruby Princess 3 people infected - Urgent Tracking of Passengers

16 minutes ago, DiamondFour said:

They are not that effective you know. Was it last year it took a couple of men with a chair and milk create to apprehend a murderer with a knife of what would have taken the police 48 hours worth of hostage negotiation in full riot gear with snipers at the ready and the entire CBD closed. They could not even deal with a madman putting on his best poker face holding our city to ransom a few years ago in a cafe. It is little surprise that I have no confidence in their ability to investigate the failures of NSW government departments over their failings regarding the Ruby Princess. Much like Putin putting the FSB (KGB) in charge of the Salisbury investigation don't you think?

Oh dear what time is wine'oclock now daylight saving has ended, I think I need more than my daily ration today.pinot.jpg.06374ea0ee22e7f22ebb5a49adcf3da3.jpg

This topic has now become a super horror story, perhaps we should sack all the police in the world, declare martial law and have the military enforce the world.  I just shakes me head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Oh dear what time is wine'oclock now daylight saving has ended, I think I need more than my daily ration today.pinot.jpg.06374ea0ee22e7f22ebb5a49adcf3da3.jpg

This topic has now become a super horror story, perhaps we should sack all the police in the world, declare martial law and have the military enforce the world.  I just shakes me head.

Seriously you do not know who I am but I am flattered by the comparisons to your friend.

My appraisal of the situation is this. The investigation appears to be an abuse of power by the NSW government. The police commissioner is making himself appear to be corrupt, biased and incompetent by narrowly focusing the investigation on Carnival alone. That is rather a foolish and narrow minded thing to do. Not something you would expect from a highly educated and experienced officer. The Ruby Princess appears to be 100% honest and transparent with what they did. They provided swab samples, called for ambulances, had testing done in New Zealand and were honest with everything they have done.

The Ruby Princess crew and Carnival management have shown true professional, honest and upstanding behaviour.

There are many unanswered questions here.

1. How did the virus make its way into Australia and infect that ship?

2. Why did the government not screen international arrivals better?

3. Why did the government allow the passengers to disembark the way they did?

If the police commissioner was anything other than a corrupt lapdog of the government then is investigation would also focus on the NSW Health Department, the Premiers Department, the Health Minister and investigate all of those departments thoroughly to the same level as they are investigating Carnival.

The fact that they are not conducting the same level investigation into the above departments as they are to Carnival proves beyond doubt that this is a flawed, biased and corrupt criminal investigation run at the behest of the government by their number one lapdog happy to oblige.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Is there a link you can send me to see what what was on your Sunday night show.  Interested in what else is being said.  Thanks

Keep an eye out for AusTravellers update tomorrow. They seem to have a great handle on this and they summarise it well. It will air in a few hours. 

Edited by Pushka

1 minute ago, Pushka said:

Keep an eye out for AusTravellers update tomorrow. Seems to have a great handle on this and summarises it well. It will air in a few hours. 

Will be good post dinner to settle back in one's armchair with a glass of ye olde Penfolds Grandfather Port and watch the Ruby show @ 1900 hrs.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Will be good post dinner to settle back in one's armchair with a glass of ye olde Penfolds Grandfather Port and watch the Ruby show @ 1900 hrs.

Very tragic though. It is on channel 7? 

Edited by Pushka

4 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Keep an eye out for AusTravellers update tomorrow. They seem to have a great handle on this and they summarise it well. It will air in a few hours. 

Thanks..will keep and eye out..thought it aired already.  

Just now, BRANDEE said:

Thanks..will keep and eye out..thought it aired already.  

There is just information being leaked out. I’m looking forward to hearing someone interpret it all - hopefully objectively - and a much better timeline given. Devil will be in the detail. 

Hope you and your husband are hanging in ok. 🙂

22 hours ago, dizzy1948 said:

……………...Then there's this - it was gonna happen:

Lawyers prepare Ruby Princess class action

Lawyers are preparing a class-action lawsuit against Carnival Cruises on behalf of dozens of passengers who sailed on the coronavirus stricken Ruby Princess ship.

Shine Lawyers says the 2700 passengers on board were not advised of the risk to themselves and others and were not monitored for symptoms.

The lawsuit in its early stages is expected to be the first in a wave of class actions.

It would be hard to get money from a company that declared itself bankrupt.

In the begining I suspected all this was errors of miscommunication and now with emails that contradict phones calls it seems my hunch might be right🤔. Problem is no one wants to admit they did something wrong and everyone is trying to save face by blaming the other. I think if one lesson should come out of this debacle perhaps have one person as point of contact to make sure all information is going to the right people because from what I have read it seems there were a few organisations involved and they were all communicating with different people.

8 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Sky news reporting criminal investigation regarding Ruby Princess

Also on ABC.

"Police have launched a criminal investigation into the Ruby Princess cruise ship and whether its operator downplayed potential coronavirus cases before thousands of passengers disembarked in Sydney last month."

"There seems to be absolute discrepancies between the information provided by Carnival and what I would see as the benchmark for the laws that the Federal Government and the State Government put in place in terms of protecting Australians from cruise ships when coronavirus had started," Commissioner Fuller said.

"The only way I can get to the bottom of whether our national biosecurity laws and our state laws were broken is through a criminal investigation."

The Commissioner said on the day before passengers disembarked, a worker on the cruise made a 17-minute triple-0 call about two passengers who required medical assistance.

He said an ambulance supervisor was concerned about potential infection of passengers on the cruise and escalated the call to NSW Police marine area command.

Commissioner Fuller said police were told by operation managers from Carnival that COVID-19 was not an issue on the ship.

"From that perspective, there are many unanswered questions," he said.

Carnival Australia, the Commissioner said, sent a letter to police indicating it would cooperate with the investigation and hand over any information required.

That includes emails, text messages, radio transmissions and medical correspondence between the doctor and ship's captain.

Edited by By The Bay

18 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

In the begining I suspected all this was errors of miscommunication and now with emails that contradict phones calls it seems my hunch might be right🤔. Problem is no one wants to admit they did something wrong and everyone is trying to save face by blaming the other. I think if one lesson should come out of this debacle perhaps have one person as point of contact to make sure all information is going to the right people because from what I have read it seems there were a few organisations involved and they were all communicating with different people.

How can I put this.

I think the media needs to do a video interview with Federal MP Alex Hawke the Assistant Defence Minister. They need to ask him directly if his parents or partners parents were on that ship.

Princess ordered the Ruby Princess to return to Sydney early and was trying to make arrangements to have the guests quarantined. There was government intervention that allowed the passengers to leave.

I am not suggesting MP Alex Hawke had anything to do with this or intervened or had anyone intervene on his behalf. I am merely suggesting that it might be a good idea to interview him and clarify if his parents or partners parents were on that very cruise that returned to Sydney on the Ruby Princess.

39 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Jan Powers Farmers Market, in the inner-city suburb of New Farm

Crowds shown shopping in close proximity despite social distancing rules. Source: Twitter/Bronwyn Venus

As far as I know all the markets in Sydney are closed, at least the ones I go to anyway. I'm disapointed but also a little bit envious😝. I do miss my markets😥.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I will watch the Channel 7 show and try to keep my blood pressure from rising too high. Maybe an extra drink might help. 😁 Then at 8.30 I will watch the Channel 9 Sixty Minutes show. I am hoping it is more balanced, but, you never know ..... The media will say anything for ratings.

The ultimate blame for this fiasco lies with a communist party that has not apologised to the world, given an honest account and stooped to blaming US soldiers for spreading the virus as a weapon. I will never forget that. That country will never be visited by me again. I will avoid purchasing products made in that country. After my experience on the Diamond Princess you could say I am more angry that old kevin is on channel 7 right now. I am honestly furious at that communist dictatorship in way that I have never been before.

37 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I bet Channel 7 get more people watching this cruise special than that train wreck Ben Cousins interview.

They are working hard to deflect blame from the NSW government. The people actually in charge.

It's disgustingly manipulative yellow journalism of the lowest type.

The ominous music, the staged and edited videos, the "victims" manipulated into crass emotionalism.

I'd say that Channel 7 should be ashamed of themselves, but they are far beyond that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

They are working hard to deflect blame from the NSW government. The people actually in charge.

It's disgustingly manipulative yellow journalism of the lowest type.

The ominous music, the staged and edited videos, the "victims" manipulated into crass emotionalism.

I'd say that Channel 7 should be ashamed of themselves, but they are far beyond that.

I have to agree about the sensationalism, the ominous music and the long segments dwelling on one of the victims.

Brandee was on the Ruby Princess and returned to USA with the virus. I don't think we can give her a link to see the show so I will make a few comments.

The reporter made a big issue about the previous cruise having 158 ill people (presumably figures from the ship's records) who had 'symptoms'. Then he said the 158 people were seriously ill with the symptoms of COVID when they arrived in Sydney. (by the way, there have been no official reports that any people on that previous cruise have tested positive to COVID-19.) The reporter said that the ship was 'cleared by NSW Health' for people to board and that everyone waiting cheered. (He didn't say that boarding was delayed for hours while the ship was deep-cleaned.)

There were several interview segments with a young woman who returned to the UK with the infection. One thing she said was  that she is upset about the negative press.

Then we have Kevin Rudd. For Brandee's information, Rudd is a former Prime Minister in the opposite party to that in power at the moment. He couldn't help having numerous political digs at the present Prime Minister. Totally unnecessary.

The reporter said that after the ship had been at sea for six days (I think it was six) there were several people ill with the COVID virus. (Uh.... Maybe the reporter didn't know that they had no COVID test kits on board and that they sent swabs ashore in Wellington for testing. The results were negative.)

The reporter said that Princess abandoned the rest of the cruise when Prime Minister Morrison announced that Aust was closing its ports to foreign ships. (he got that one wrong. The Ruby was exempt because it was an Aust cruise. The ship came back early because Princess announced a pause in cruising.)

Surprisingly, in a short segment the reporter tackled the NSW Health Minister and challenged him to resign. That didn't go down well. Dr Chant the NSW Chief Medical Officer said that the Ruby was assessed as being of low risk so was permitted to dock.

The reporter then said that it was obvious that the ship knew that 'something was wrong' because Carnival head office asked for an ambulance to meet the ship urgently. (Apparently the reporter doesn't know that this is not unusual.) This was for a female passenger who had COVID and who sadly, later passed away.

The reporter said that "the only way the crew can get off the ship is when they are ill they are taken ashore in the dead of night". He also shows the "sailaway party" the crew had on the 19th March. The crew texted that the party lasted one day and that they were so happy to be give the all-clear by NSW Health. The ship didn't have the virus on board.  (Little did they know.)

The show ended with the reporter over the Ruby Princess in a helicopter. The officer on the bridge (maybe the captain) asked if the helicopter was from NSW Health. The reporter tried to dodge the question and a few time asked for a report on the health of people on board. When the reporter wouldn't say who he was, the captain just kept saying that all relevant information had been supplied to NSW Health.

I will watch the Channel 9 show shortly.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am so disgusted, I am not going to cruise until at least July.

On several occasions during the Channel 7 special, I couldn't help thinking that the reporter clearly doesn't know much about cruising - what is normal and what isn't.  At least I didn't end up throwing something at my TV.

I can see that people who aren't keen on cruising as we all are, might be put off even more after watching that melodramatic show with its red background at times and its ominous music. I didn't like the exploitation of the young man from Toowoomba who is obviously grieving for his step-father. I felt the show dwelt in that for too long with too many family photos etc. 

• Like 1