Smile - great cruise!

Just returned from the Serenade. Wonderful cruise with a hardworking staff trying to keep everyone safe. Over the years have seen many towel animals - this was a new one! Traveling solo and returning to my dimly lit cabin around midnight this was scared the heck out of me for a moment - then such a good laugh!  Gabriel on deck 10, awesome steward. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, drsel said:

How did he manage to get the shoes to stand vertically

He used the blue runner that goes across the bottom of the bed to make “legs” and then covered with towels. Shoes were kind of leaning and stuffed with washcloths. Actually pretty easy but very different!

• Like 1

We were also on Serenade and had Gabriel on Deck 10.  He was amazing and a very talented towel animal creator!   Hopefully, the photos post!  He made us the legs too (we were also startled when we arrived back to the cabin and then also had a good laugh.  My favorite was the goat, but also loved the giraffe and armadillo!  😍.  

A3C9EEB2-59FE-4FC0-B901-970527F87EE6.jpeg

B21C2857-07ED-4671-B6DA-B015BC803AFB.jpeg

• Like 6

Also a squirrel and a cat & mouse!  We were on for 21 days and by the last night, I had a menagerie!  We joked that Deck 10 was going to run out of towels!

Such a great crew on Serenade!  We’re sad that they aren’t working and might be sent home.  I know they were worried!  💜

361EEBAD-114F-4FA9-989C-2F3E9FB55F9D.jpeg

4D4E8A8A-F003-4F70-91ED-65E907744DDC.jpeg

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, work2cruis said:

Pat-

This is Chris, had a great time with you at dinner and hope your trip home was smooth and your family is doing well.

Jackie says hi too

So good to hear from you!  Tell Jackie to send me an email or FB (don’t have your email). Would love to stay in touch.  Enjoyed our dinners and trivia.  Hope work is okay and that you still have your beard!  lol!    Green Bay had their first case of the virus yesterday.  Best regards. 

8 hours ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Just returned from the Serenade. Wonderful cruise with a hardworking staff trying to keep everyone safe. Over the years have seen many towel animals - this was a new one! Traveling solo and returning to my dimly lit cabin around midnight this was scared the heck out of me for a moment - then such a good laugh!  Gabriel on deck 10, awesome steward. 

I saw your towel guy and I said you must be on Serenade. Where you in a GS?  We had an awesome cabin steward on Serenade along with Concierge Mario. If I find the picture of our towel stuff I’ll share 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

I believe Gabriel was our steward as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I saw your towel guy and I said you must be on Serenade. Where you in a GS?  We had an awesome cabin steward on Serenade along with Concierge Mario. If I find the picture of our towel stuff I’ll share 

Not a GS but on deck 10 - balcony cabin -  next door to suites. I think i had the same cabin steward, Gabriel, as the suites.   Other posters showed some of his animals - I had those too.  He was one of the best stewards I remember ever having - not just the towel animals - he was very thorough and so pleasant. 

• Like 2

Another one from Serenade. 

1 minute ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Not a GS but on deck 10 - balcony cabin -  next door to suites. I think i had the same cabin steward, Gabriel, as the suites.   Other posters showed some of his animals - I had those too.  He was one of the best stewards I remember ever having - not just the towel animals - he was very thorough and so pleasant. 

Yes. Deck 10. He was the best.  I think his wife worked onboard too. 

ACFF412E-5ABF-4D7B-A476-09BBEE24BEDD.jpeg

• Like 2