Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

Good news - all but $100 has been refunded to my cc. The remaining $100 was paid on a different cc so I will need to track that down. Here’s a timeline:

3/10 cancelled cruise and request refund through TA

3/25 Celebrity says refund processed

4/1 transaction date on my CC refund

4/5 posting date on my CC refund

4/6 actual date the refund transactions and amounts were shown on online banking 

I did not dispute the transaction with my cc company 

• Thanks 2

I was totally understanding at the beginning of all this that perhaps they were having a cash crunch, with so many cancellations. But RC secured a huge line of credit over 2 weeks ago, so money should be flowing again. No reason that it should take weeks or months to process a refund. Almost every other thing associated with my cancelled cruise was refunded within a week. 

I did LOL when I got an email from United that they would be refunding the taxes from my cancelled flight (bought with miles). The email said that I would receive a refund after a "rigorous review by their accounting dept". The total for the taxes was $11 pp, total of $22. Seriously, have at your rigorous review, United. 

Was on the Feb 15 Cancelled Millenium cruise - Received my 50% FCC over a month ago - Still waiting on my refund - Spoke with Celebrity on Friday and was told same "Ticked the box but forgot to hit submit" story - Was told I would see full refund in 1-2 weeks - If not I will dispute with Amex.  Rebookied the same cruise for 2 years out - Glad I booked it when I did as its now $1000 more...

If nothing is refunded on our card for a simple  refund for an  APEX deposit, I will file a dispute tom .There was no review or accounting that was required  other than just give us the refund.  Should not take  long,,..

We will also cancel another future cruise to get that deposit  back too, . 

We finally have one credit on our card but the amount does not match any of our invoices.  It may be the taxes/fees associated with a FCC.

The date of the credit is April 1 but posted late April 6 or early April 7. (Silhouette March 15th or 27th cancelled sailing)

Still nothing from our March 7th promised 25% cash refund.

3 minutes ago, runnerswife said:

Do FCC's come directly from Celebrity, or go through my t/a? Do they come in email?  Thanks, Mary

Ours came in an email from Celebrity.  Our travel agency is MIA; no response from them at all, but they are taking new reservations.

We canceled on March 10 when we were in the 75% back. The credit card was credited today, April 7. We did not call anyone...travel agent, credit card company or Celebrity. Don’t know about the Future Cruise Credit. Where would that be. I am confident that we will have the credit.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Just received our refund for Infinity Apr 25th cruise except the cruiseline air but it is on the way.

I will let you know when I receive it.

OntarioCruiser

Hi,

Was that FCC? 100% cash? 25% ? 75% ? Other combinations?

Reading or figuring out what people got is sometimes hard to understand.

Did you have to dispute charges with your credit card (like others)?

Did you cancel or your TA? Or did you do the form online?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks!!

Bill

We cancelled our 3/23 cruise on 3/8.  Tomorrow will be 30 days since cancellation.  Airfare- booked thru choice air - refund showed up today 4/7 on credit card.  We are Still missing the $200 they charged in error as a cancellation fee.  "Susan" - was supposed to fix this and call us yesterday - but no response yet.     

We received our credits yesterday. As an FYI, the money was credited on Day 27 from start to finish, well within the  “approximate” 30 day processing time period suggested to us at the outset.

We did not place a single call to Celebrity to check on our refund status, not did we involve our credit card company at any time to dispute these charges. 

We had faith in Celebrity through this process and they came through for us.

We will be contacting Celebrity to express our thanks and to give them our support during these tumultuous times. 

Randy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

Was that FCC? 100% cash? 25% ? 75% ? Other combinations?

Reading or figuring out what people got is sometimes hard to understand.

Did you have to dispute charges with your credit card (like others)?

Did you cancel or your TA? Or did you do the form online?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks!!

Bill

100% Cash refund No FCC as opted for refund

My TA (me) cancelled the cruise.

OntarioCruiser

4 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

100% Cash refund No FCC as opted for refund

My TA (me) cancelled the cruise.

OntarioCruiser

Are you flights with choice air with air canada?  Are you expecting to get cash refund or credit?

Regarding our September 28, 202 Silhouette sailing,  I cancelled shore excursions and dining via online Cruise Planner on March 23, received full refund on my credit card today. I cancelled the cruise on March 30 and also received full refund of our $960 Canadian Refundable Deposit also today on my credit card. I did not call Celebrity, my TA or Credit Card company. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Perky1 said:

Are you flights with choice air with air canada?  Are you expecting to get cash refund or credit?

Westjet ChoiceAir and cash refund for BCN TO YYZ but the air from YYZ to MIA which I booked with Westjet directly only travel credit

Ontario Cruiser

5 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Westjet ChoiceAir and cash refund for BCN TO YYZ but the air from YYZ to MIA which I booked with Westjet directly only travel credit

Ontario Cruiser

WestJet now has to give you a refund for your flight from YHZ to MIA if you request it.  I just used this ruling with Air Canada to get a refund for our flights that were cancelled from YHZ to FLL.

https://www.transportation.gov/briefing-room/us-department-transportation-issues-enforcement-notice-clarifying-air-carrier-refund

I'm happy to see that finally there are some reports of people receiving their refunds. DH and I were on board the Reflection that sailed March 13. On day 3 of the cruise were were notified that our sailing would be cut short and we were returning to port. We were promised a full refund, and 50% FCC. To date, we've had radio silence...except daily marketing emails enticing us to book a future cruise, and Captains Club newsletters with the same target. I am not the least tempted to give X more of my money for a future booking while they are holding thousands of our dollars. 

On 4/6/2020 at 9:36 AM, MBNole said:

I don't post much but have been following this thread on refunds. I cancelled our cruise on March 11 more than a week and a half before final payment was due for a cruise in late June. Celebrity gave me the same story they are telling other people that it could take 1 to 2 billing cycles to get our refund. For those that believe that, its completely wrong. I'm very familiar with how the credit card interchange works. It only takes 1-3 business days for refunds to be posted through the interchange. These systems can handle billions of transactions a day. A few thousand refunds having to be processed by Celebrity would not be held up due to "backlog, etc.". People are naive if they believe that. I've called Celebrity 3 times to follow up on status of refund of our fully refundable deposit. Every time, I've been told its "processing". Which is just garbage. Celebrity is just sitting on everyone's cash since I know it only takes 1-3 days to really process. Finally today, we received $750 of our $1,350 refundable deposit. I called to ask where the remaining $600 was. I was told it was still processing. At this point I'm calling USAA to dispute the remainder of the charge. While we enjoy cruising, for us its not the only way we vacation. How Celebrity has handled this has left a bad taste. We won't be coming back. I believe there are many like us and Celebrity and other cruise lines are at real risk of customers not coming back not only due to fear of infection but also because of how they treated their customers. I for one don't make excuses for them because I know the systems can handle the volume. We don't live in the Flintstones age. It doesn't take many weeks to process refunds. Anyways, I just wanted to share we got partial refunds finally after 3+ weeks and it now appears we may have to fight for the remainder of our refund. Hopefully that is helpful to others.

Someone still has to manually go into the file and trigger the refund...it's not done automatically.  Think of the thousands of times this has to be done.  

Oh well, good luck.  I'm waiting on a refund myself for a cruise cancelled by Celebrity..Not going into panic mode.  I applied for the refund around March 15.....opted for a refund instead of the 125% FCC....

Still have a cruise booked this fall on Equinox..if it goes, I'm on it.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Thanks 1

We cancelled our May 19th cruise and shore excursions  and Aug.16th shore excursions on Mar.8th. I received my FCC in 4 days. I received my 50% credit and all my shore excursions credits this morning.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

I'm happy to see that finally there are some reports of people receiving their refunds. DH and I were on board the Reflection that sailed March 13. On day 3 of the cruise were were notified that our sailing would be cut short and we were returning to port. We were promised a full refund, and 50% FCC. To date, we've had radio silence...except daily marketing emails enticing us to book a future cruise, and Captains Club newsletters with the same target. I am not the least tempted to give X more of my money for a future booking while they are holding thousands of our dollars. 

As an FYI, we cancelled our cruise on May 10/20 and received our credits back to our credit cards today. We did not take FCC.

Just to give you an idea as to where Celebrity is in their batch processing.

Randy

Did you mean March?

Seems  to be no rhyme or reason to the flow  from what we have seen posted.

We cancelled a Nov cruise on  APEX on 3/14/20,    and just need thec $500 deposit returned to our credit card. Previously this was a one click and done!

X says refund was initiated by them 3/17  (?)

On 4/2..  was not back on our card so we called.  Rep said still in process....

Decided we'll wait a few more  days but seems we'll have to file another dispute to shake it loose!

1 hour ago, Schmoe38 said:

As an FYI, we cancelled our cruise on May 10/20 and received our credits back to our credit cards today. We did not take FCC.

Just to give you an idea as to where Celebrity is in their batch processing.

Randy

Sorry, did mean March.

Randy

• Like 1