Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

Just now, Denny01 said:

I talked with my TA and she explained that she’d make reservations and then transfer my FCC to a reservation. So you book, then make the payment via the FCC so your booking is done for whatever is offered to all. 

I’ve booked one cruise and then added my FCC and that’s how it worked out. 

Den

Good news 😊

My local travel agent will not refund our cruise but only give instore credit. Hopefully they will offer a cash refund.

I think that Celebrity stand more chance of being there than my travel agent at the end of all of this.

2 hours ago, peter1956 said:

Good news 😊

My local travel agent will not refund our cruise but only give instore credit. Hopefully they will offer a cash refund.

I think that Celebrity stand more chance of being there than my travel agent at the end of all of this.

Wow, not sure how many TA’s do that - but since you are in Australia that maybe the way it’s done. If that happened here in the US, I’d find another TA immediately. It tough enough navigating all the Cruise Line and travel organizations without the TA’s holding onto our money. 

I got nailed very early on making reservations. I thought I was using the website of a cruise line - it looked like it and inferred it was. I made reservations, but then had to cancel a month later, and it was a year prior to the actual cruise. the booker kept my deposit! the Cruise Line itself always returned it but these guys didn’t. Boy was that a learning experience. 

Den

No refund yet to our card on the one that the rep said  was being sent to our card...

Is this done electronically, by letter or ?

In a store they put the numbers in and then it  is done to card..not sure why this is delayed.

We will call again tom to check on both of our pending refunds, and will probably cancel a third cruise.  We are still holding  onto one to use with the future cruise credit..

Some  folks may be experiencing cruise withdrawal, but we are in the disgusted mode. The illness is not the  fault of X but the handling of refunds and ill pax  have soured us for now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hcat said:

No refund yet to our card on the one that the rep said  was being sent to our card...

In a store they put the numbers in and then it  is done to card..not sure why this is delayed.

We will call again tom to check on both of our pending refunds, and will probably cancel a third cruise.  We are still holding  onto one to use with the future cruise credit..

Some  folks may be experiencing cruise withdrawal, but we are in the disgusted mode. The illness is not the  fault of X but the handling of refunds and ill pax  have soured us for now.

Hi,

I haven't heard of one person getting a refund. Yes, a few got their taxes and fees (me too)

and FCC but no one got a refund yet. This scares me that it won't happen.

Yes, I agree that they are busy, short staffed etc etc. In todays age of computers each

refund should take seconds NOT 30-60 days. As I mentioned earlier, when they did

my taxes and fees, all the information was on their screen. Why not refund the cruise.

It's just one button more to press that should take seconds not 30 days. Yes they

are losing cash at a phenomenal rate BUT so am I. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

I haven't heard of one person getting a refund. Yes, a few got their taxes and fees (me too)

and FCC but no one got a refund yet. This scares me that it won't happen.

Yes, I agree that they are busy, short staffed etc etc. In todays age of computers each

refund should take seconds NOT 30-60 days. As I mentioned earlier, when they did

my taxes and fees, all the information was on their screen. Why not refund the cruise.

It's just one button more to press that should take seconds not 30 days. Yes they

are losing cash at a phenomenal rate BUT so am I. 

There are a few individuals on this board who have reported receiving their refunds.

Good luck and bon voyage

I just called this morning to confirm if they had received my request for the 100% refund.

I was advised that it was received.  When I asked about when I could expect taxes and

fees was advised that they would be returned at the same time as the cruise fare 30 days.

Edited by Elainemh
Spacing
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Elainemh said:

I just called this morning to confirm if they had received my request for the 100% refund.

I was advised that it was received.  When I asked about when I could expect taxes and

fees was advised that they would be returned at the same time as the cruise fare 30 days.

That's the standard reply!

I’m as anxious as the next person to get our refund processed and credited, but it was suggested to us that it would take approximately 30 days when we cancelled our cruise on March 10/20. 

Today we are on Day 23, so well within the “approximate” 30 day time frame that was suggested to us. It would serve no purpose for us to arbitrarily shorten the suggested processing time because “it should not take that long.” 

Celebrity has been very good to us in all of our years of cruising. Our choice is to continue to be patient, and will look for our credit to be processed in accordance with the originally suggested time frame. 

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38
  • Thanks 1

Some of us will be winding down our cruising  adventures after we use up the fcc ( if we can get the drs  note & they let us board) , so getting the refunds back is just another loose thread!  We'd like to put it behind us.....

• Like 1

I find it frustrating that very few people have received their refunds.

Do you think they'll all come at once.  Doubt that.  Logically they should come slowly but surely.

I am done being patient, like some have suggested.

After all, it it MY money.  

• Like 2

I filled out the form for my refund on March 26, so I am expecting to wait the 30 days. All my other refunds for things associated with my cruise have posted. I do find it disconcerting that when I submitted the from online, there was no page that came up with a case or tracking number and no email acknowledgement. That's pretty standard with most online transactions. Did anyone get any kind of acknowledgement that their request had been received? 

• Like 2

Twice this week Celebrity advised me my taxes/fees were in the nightly batch to be refunded and have not received yet. 

They also said they are making new FCC's for me consistent with being in proportion to how paid, not averaged out, but also have not received 

I will chime in with my experience.  And I apologize in advance if my information is duplicated as I only read the first page and the last two pages.  We cancelled on March 14th for the Pacific Coastal on March 30th.  The very next day is when Celebrity announced the cancellation of the cruise.  Of course, I immediately e-mailed my TA, indicating that I wanted the refund vs the FCC.  This decision was based solely on the future of our new normal, and not knowing if or when we will return to our old normal.  He said that I would receive an e-mail from Celebrity with the FCC information on it, and within that e-mail, I would find a place to request a full refund.  While I have not yet received that e-mail from RCCL or Celebrity, today I did have a Merchant credit on my AMEX from RCCL for a little under 500 dollars, which I assume is the port fees and taxes?  So, I will be watching for further information from them I guess.  When the 30 days post cancel have passed, I will be inquiring for sure.  Julie

FTR, I never recieved any comunication from X at all. The only reason I knew my cruise was cancelled was from these boards, and then confirming it on the X website. I called my TA and asked what to do and she was surprised I hadn't received an email from X. She sent me a copy with the link so I went in and requested a refund. I still think it's weird I have not received any notification at all from X that the cruise has been cancelled. They never emailed notified me about the CWC program either. Again, I learned about it on these boards and confirmed on the X website. I'm sorry, I realize that it's a mess, but they have contact information from all customers in their system, why not send out a notification?

• Like 1

Called them after 9 am.  Was informed that our 50 % refund (under Cruise with Conf series 1) plus taxes and fees were sent to our card in various amts on 3/23, 3/24, 3/25, and that Celebrity considers our file closed out...

But the  refunds are not showing on the card.  The reso dept said they could not or would not  supply transaction numbers we could give  that to our Cred card company. They are not very helpful and thus we have no proof they really did this.

We will wait a few days til Monday  before filing a protest with the card co. Hope it will show up before then

So far we lost out on $300 obc which was  our choice, 2 sep ins policy premiums,  and who knows if we will ever get to use the fcc.

Our $500 deposit refund for APEX is still in process.

X accounting methods are about as impressive as their IT efforts!

• Like 1

I called Celebrity this morning and got through with no wait time. The agent said my cruise cancellation was processed on 3/10 (the day I cancelled it through my TA), and that she shows the refund as posted on 3/25. She says it has left their system so I guess I just sit and wait for it to show up on my cc

1 hour ago, Kafffy said:

I called Celebrity this morning and got through with no wait time. The agent said my cruise cancellation was processed on 3/10 (the day I cancelled it through my TA), and that she shows the refund as posted on 3/25.

That's a long time (since 3/25).  I have read others stating long processing times.  I sincerely doubt everyone has the same credit card company.  But we have the same cruise line.  

• Like 2

I requested a refund online as soon as I got the 13 March email from Celebrity cancelling my cruise.  Today I got a 2nd set of luggage tags in the mail for the cancelled Silhouette cruise that would have left FLL last Friday!  I sure hope these tags aren’t sent as a replacement for my refund LOL.  Some things you just have to laugh at!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, misha1 said:

I will chime in with my experience.  And I apologize in advance if my information is duplicated as I only read the first page and the last two pages.  We cancelled on March 14th for the Pacific Coastal on March 30th.  The very next day is when Celebrity announced the cancellation of the cruise.  Of course, I immediately e-mailed my TA, indicating that I wanted the refund vs the FCC.  This decision was based solely on the future of our new normal, and not knowing if or when we will return to our old normal.  He said that I would receive an e-mail from Celebrity with the FCC information on it, and within that e-mail, I would find a place to request a full refund.  While I have not yet received that e-mail from RCCL or Celebrity, today I did have a Merchant credit on my AMEX from RCCL for a little under 500 dollars, which I assume is the port fees and taxes?  So, I will be watching for further information from them I guess.  When the 30 days post cancel have passed, I will be inquiring for sure.  Julie

Hi, I was on your rollcall for the sailing. I received the email with the link for a refund from Celebrity about a week ago. I have not received any taxes or port fees so I’m still waiting as well for the refund, all of it. Good Luck

1 hour ago, cjcruiser27 said:

Hi, I was on your rollcall for the sailing. I received the email with the link for a refund from Celebrity about a week ago. I have not received any taxes or port fees so I’m still waiting as well for the refund, all of it. Good Luck

Sounds like thet are handling things in a variety of ways

I am also waiting for a refund since Mar 11& we have been told that it has been processed & has not shown up.  I’m not sure it’s Celebrity or my bank Visa credit card, we also had Hamilton tickets cancelled & was informed that it had been credited back to my credit card but it never actually showed on my credit card until my statement date. Im sure credit card companies are also having a back log due to the Covid-19 & we all know charges have a way of showing long before credits.  Just saying...

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

FTR, I never recieved any comunication from X at all. The only reason I knew my cruise was cancelled was from these boards, and then confirming it on the X website. I called my TA and asked what to do and she was surprised I hadn't received an email from X. She sent me a copy with the link so I went in and requested a refund. I still think it's weird I have not received any notification at all from X that the cruise has been cancelled. They never emailed notified me about the CWC program either. Again, I learned about it on these boards and confirmed on the X website. I'm sorry, I realize that it's a mess, but they have contact information from all customers in their system, why not send out a notification?

The exact same thing happened to us! We were supposed to sail on March 14 and were already in Florida when I found out it was cancelled.....via Facebook and CC. To this day I still have never received anything from Celebrity. I did contact them to see if they would cover our hotel and airfare since we were already there and was told, by the Executive Office, that one of our cabins was being processed for the refund, but the other one hadn’t started yet. That was almost 2 weeks ago. We have seen NOTHING so far......oh yeah, they wouldn’t cover our hotel or flights at all 

22 hours ago, hcat said:

I've not received a refund for the cancelled cruises  but have cancelled cruises previously.   They break the Credit Down into amounts less than $1,000 to expedite the processing.   Somehow there is a dollar limit that the credit cards put a temporary hold on and this is suppose to avoid that.   The amounts are also broken down into strange amounts but when added up they equal the total amount.    One cruise of over $15,000 came back in about 18 credits. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

The exact same thing happened to us! We were supposed to sail on March 14 and were already in Florida when I found out it was cancelled.....via Facebook and CC. To this day I still have never received anything from Celebrity. I did contact them to see if they would cover our hotel and airfare since we were already there and was told, by the Executive Office, that one of our cabins was being processed for the refund, but the other one hadn’t started yet. That was almost 2 weeks ago. We have seen NOTHING so far......oh yeah, they wouldn’t cover our hotel or flights at all 

We were also booked for a March 14, 21 and 28 Cruises and have heard nothing from Celebrity yet, but in my CC account they are showing as past cruises and actually have point applied against one.   hmmmmm....

• Like 1