RCCL starting to send crew home...

treehugr

It really depends on what information you read - and indeed your personal circumstances.  We're booked on 4th July and 9th October both out of Southampton.  I'm beginning to fear July may well not happen.  But I certainly have not given up on October and as things stand I have no issue with making final payment for July (due in May).   For that matter I'm on another line on 23rd Dec - and I haven't give up on that either!

17 hours ago, treehugr said:

I didn't hear that part, but even with my hearing aids turned all the way up, I still miss bits hear and there. I'll have to go look at the RCCL thread to get a little more info possibly. 

On a side note, so sorry things turned out like they did for your cruise. I'd like to think I would have taken all in stride like you did...but highly unlikely. Love your positive outlook, even in such adversity. 

Not a problem at all.   I believe he only mentioned it once and that was a good 6 months ago.   He is a very good vlogger.

I do try to be positive but today (tongue and cheek) I found out I will be really impacted.   Starbucks is shutting down all stores except drive through.   I admit I'm an addict and will have to figure out a solution.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I do try to be positive but today (tongue and cheek) I found out I will be really impacted.   Starbucks is shutting down all stores except drive through.   I admit I'm an addict and will have to figure out a solution.

This just got real...I'm addicted to Pike Place coffee 😄 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I suspect that the resumption of cruising will not happen on 4/11...

Agree. We're booked on the 4/11 Equinox sailing and just holding out as long as we can for refund. Have no interest in the FCC with the current prices and the dark cloud currently hanging over these cruise line financially. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, teecee60 said:

I don't think you or anyone else will be cruising in April, 2020... April 2021 is a reasonable expectation.

I have only a 50/50 expectation of doing a transatlantic in November.

Both the medical AND the financial fallout from this is going to be a lot more serious, and last a lot longer than most people realize. We are nowhere NEAR a plateau... let alone a tailing off.   And yes, I will be back to admit that I am wrong... if I'm wrong.

Agree with you!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, treehugr said:

This just got real...I'm addicted to Pike Place coffee 😄 

Pete's Coffee was also shut down so had to do some searching today.  I found two local coffee places still open for pickup only -   Red Rock Cafe (Mt.View) had about 10 people inside waiting so I gave it a miss.   Down the street I found 1 Ounce Coffee -  no customers inside so felt safe grabbing a cup there.

I did splurge and went for 3 shots Extra Dry Cappuccino.     Had a good buzz for my walk home. 

BTW -  streets are nearly empty and everyone respecting social distancing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Pete's Coffee was also shut down so had to do some searching today.  I found two local coffee places still open for pickup only -   Red Rock Cafe (Mt.View) had about 10 people inside waiting so I gave it a miss.   Down the street I found 1 Ounce Coffee -  no customers inside so felt safe grabbing a cup there.

I did splurge and went for 3 shots Extra Dry Cappuccino.     Had a good buzz for my walk home. 

BTW -  streets are nearly empty and everyone respecting social distancing.

No Petes here, but Vero Beach isn't exactly a sprawling metropolis with a lot of choices for coffee lovers. We just moved here a year ago after 35 years in Phoenix. There are only 3 Starbucks ( 1 of them in Target) in all of Vero that I'm aware of. Starbucks was practically on every corner in Phoenix. Dunkin Donuts reigns supreme here, couple more being constructed right down the road from us. 

Doing our part on the social distancing. Wish I could say the same for the rest of Florida. If media reports are to be believed, folks aren't getting it, as evidenced by shots of our beaches.