Cruise Critic App is back but some issues

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Ā 

Trying to figure out why subscribed/participant works for me and not for you I was wondering if you are using the latest iOS 13? You are the only one who has reported that particular issue. I use subscribed/participant many times every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ā 

iOS 10.3.2 with no interest in updating right now (long story related to manual iTunes, High Sierra and large music collection with many items not available electronically).

In any case, I am convinced that there maybe cookies involved and, again, I'm reluctant to wipe out ALLĀ cookies (and don't know if/how to wipe just CC).

Wrote to Help folks but got no answer. As I've said before, the original app was simple and efficient when it came to "subscribed/participated."

Ā 

iOS 10.3.2 with no interest in updating right now (long story related to manual iTunes, High Sierra and large music collection with many items not available electronically). In any case, I am convinced that there maybe cookies involved and, again, I'm reluctant to wipe out ALLĀ cookies (and don't know if/how to wipe just CC). Wrote to Help folks but got no answer. As I've said before, the original app was simple and efficient when it came to "subscribed/participated." Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā This is an app so it would not use browser cookies. I suspect your old iOS version is not supported by the app developers so they would not have tested the app on iOS 10. It no longer receives updates from Apple. That may be the issue. Also your iPhone is would not be supported and could not have the iOS upgraded unless it is a 6S or later. Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Ā This is an app so it would not use browser cookies. I suspect your old iOS version is not supported by the app developers so they would not have tested the app on iOS 10. It no longer receives updates from Apple. Also your iPhone is would not be supported and could not have the iOS upgraded unless it is a 6S or later.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Iphone 7+ and the App Store update says it supports iOS 9.0 and later.

Clearly, the update is a bunch of bandaids on hard coding that was already bleeding despite its earlier bandaids.

IMO, CC has tried to cut corners and it's going to backfire, particularly among geezers like me who only know enough about computing to be mildly dangerous and who refuse to "fix" things that "ain't broken" (the iOS update).

IMG_4853.PNG

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Iphone 7+ and the App Store update says it supports iOS 9.0 and later.

Ā 

Ā 

It says that but that does not make it true. The app is contracted out to the same developer as the developer of the Tapatalk app. The Tapatalk app says iOS 11 or later. It could be that the details were not updated when the last version was released.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Are you on Android or iOS? I am on iOS 13 and I donā€™t have to logout and login every time.

Ā 

Ā 

I am using Android. Today it is working fine, no problem so far

Regarding Apple, it's better to be a part owner of the company,[emoji846]

Ā 

I am using Android.
Regarding Apple, it's better to be a part owner of the company,[emoji846]

The Android and iOS versions are different. Unfortunately I donā€™t have an Android phone available right now to try it on but I believe other Android users have reported similar issues as you have.

On 5/25/2020 at 11:29 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Sorry - it just doesn't work (logs me in but also shows login pop up again and no subscribe /participate access). Here's the sequence I'm using:

Ā 

IMG_4828.PNG

Ā 

I see that you're on the "Forums" tab (at the bottom) when showing the "Subscribed" tab at the top doesn't function. Have you tried going to the "Discussions" tab at the bottom? Once you do, you should see a different "Subscribed" and "Participated." My Subscribed tab doesn't show anything when I'm in the Forums tab on the bottom, but once I switch to the Discussions tab at the bottom, it loads threads for Subscribed and Participated.

Ā 

Ā 
I see that you're on the "Forums" tab (at the bottom) when showing the "Subscribed" tab at the top doesn't function. Have you tried going to the "Discussions" tab at the bottom? Once you do, you should see a different "Subscribed" and "Participated." My Subscribed tab doesn't show anything when I'm in the Forums tab on the bottom, but once I switch to the Discussions tab at the bottom, it loads threads for Subscribed and Participated.
Ā 

I should have noticed that. Good catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 5/25/2020 at 12:45 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

The glitch (at least for me) is that the app appears to be confusing itself by duplicating the mobile version.

check out this pic below. When you back out after logging in as discussed earlier, look at the page under the login pop up. It shows the mobile version appearance and not the app appearance (little red notification numbers).

Ā 

The log in issue seems to be related to my posts on page 2 of this thread. It seems to log in to both the mobile version and app version. The problem I have with it is, I like to log out of my accounts when not in use. So when I logged out, I think it was only logging me out of the app version and leaving me logged in to the mobile version. And there was no way to log out of that side, too. Then once I opened the menu again and clicked Log In, it would just log me in automatically without entering my info. Presumably because it was technically still logged in to the mobile version. The app seems to be merging both the mobile and app versions. I don't know.

Ā 

I prefer to be able to log out completely. Meaning, when I click Log In, I have to enter my info. again. That's inconvenient to some people, I know, but it's just my preference. Log out should be logging me out completely. As much as I'd like to return to the CC app, I want it to function in a way that I prefer. If it doesn't, I move on to an app that will. I've been using Tapatalk, so I'll just stick with that, unless the CC app log in issue is resolved. Which I doubt it ever will be since no one else cares about the issue I'm experiencing.

Ā 

I deleted the app a while back when Host Kat tagged CC Help Jenn and asked if she could help, but we never got a response. I figured it wasn't on their to-do list, so why keep it. I just now re-installed it to see if anything had changed, but it hasn't. Since I have an alternative (Tapatalk) that does what I want it to do, I have no reason to keep the CC app. I'd still like to use it instead, but not if it doesn't function like I want it to.

Edited by Organized Chaos

22 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

... I deleted the app a while back when Host Kat tagged CC Help Jenn and asked if she could help, but we never got a response...

Ā 

True, Jenn did not reply to my tag. However her boss & my boss did reply to you. See post #47 by LauraS our Senior Manager, Community where she quotedĀ yourĀ post #29.

Ā 

As I have statedĀ before,Ā do not postĀ anyĀ questions/comments/feedback/suggestions regardingĀ the management of anything in the Cruise Critic community on the message board. Please email the Community ManagerĀ per the following portions of theĀ GuidelinesĀ we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Ā 

...Ā The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com...

Ā 

...Ā If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS

Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com...

Ā 

Be sure to send your emailĀ to LauraS from your Cruise Critic email address of record and mentionĀ your userĀ name.Ā 

Ā 

Happy sails,

Ā 

Host KatĀ emo32.gif

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2020 at 3:58 PM, Charles4515 said:

Ā 

If you prefer the mobile web then keep using it. I prefer the app on my mobile phone. To edit a post tap on it and you will get a menu with an edit option. As you can see it is possible to post two photos.

IMG_0735.JPGIMG_0733.JPG

Ā 

I knew where this house was as soon as it showed up in my feed.

It's nice to see that it's been fixed/cleaned up a bit. It used to have layers of exposed paint and foam in the 80s, and it was a real eyesore.

Ā 

I knew where this house was as soon as it showed up in my feed.
It's nice to see that it's been fixed/cleaned up a bit. It used to have layers of exposed paint and foam in the 80s, and it was a real eyesore.
Ā 

The house passed from the original owners to a new owner in 2015. That second owner renovated and remodeled the house between 2015 and 2018. He did extensive work. There were a couple of articles on the renovation he did when he put the house back on the market in 2018.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The house passed from the original owners to a new owner in 2015.

Ā 

In the 80s and 90s, I worked 2 or 3 estate sales on the same street. Anyone coming to the sale would have to drive past that house. Every single person who walked into the door each day had something to say about the "mushroom house".

I just looked it up on Zillow, and saw pics from the sales listing. It's had a ton of work on it. It looks much better than it did when I last saw it. Somewhere under all that foam, is a fine wood home from 1923.

Ā 

Ā 
In the 80s and 90s, I worked 2 or 3 estate sales on the same street. Anyone coming to the sale would have to drive past that house. Every single person who walked into the door each day had something to say about the "mushroom house".
I just looked it up on Zillow, and saw pics from the sales listing. It's had a ton of work on it. It looks much better than it did when I last saw it. Somewhere under all that foam, is a fine wood home from 1923.
Ā 

The exterior is being maintained since that work was done. I often walk by it. I have never been inside. I think it would take a certain type of owner to maintain it as a mushroom house. That type would not be me.....but it is fun walking by and showing it to people.

Take a peek inside [emoji846]
I grew up a few miles up the road in Bethesda/Rockville.
https://jennifersergent.com/real-estate/the-mushroom-house-before-and-after/

I have seen those pictures. We saw those photos when the owner who did the renovation decided to put it on the market. I live close by it. In a neighboring neighborhood. Less than a mile. We have a weekly walking group in my neighborhood and every five or six weeks we do a walking route by that house.

• Like 1