A hobby with social distance

Photography is my secondary hobby, not my primary hobby.  Since my primary hobby is social dancing, it seems unlikely that I'll get to indulge myself much in my primary hobby in the near future.

Since I've been working from home every day this week (and for the foreseeable future), I've started the habit of taking one or two walks around the neighborhood per day.  I take a camera (or two) with me, and see if I can find an opportunity to fulfill my hobby while getting a break/exercise.

I've mostly been doing bird photography.  But this afternoon it was drizzling, so I brought my waterproof/macro camera and took macro photos of flowers covered with raindrops.

About half the time, my wife joins me for my walks.  (No social distancing there.  And she's a member of the Audubon Society, which is why I do bird photography.)  Overall, in a world that has suddenly gone well off routine, it's nice to be able to indulge one of my hobbies.

• Like 2

Last Saturday we went to the Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge in Ridgefield, Washington.  We never left our car, but were able to enjoy the drive-around park. 

D6305718.thumb.JPG.5e6a26fcc3753a245008b24d9fbae189.JPG

D6305727cr.thumb.jpg.538b6ecea6b791e1d282e541749f63f5.jpg

D6305747.thumb.JPG.1d3053e58438889a760594e3123f5fb2.JPG

D6305739cr.thumb.jpg.bd642860455e6d130a4b7e19e0a28602.jpg

This one was through the windshield, so not the greatest focus.  It's a mink taking up the entire road as he walked toward us.  Look at those claws.

Vic

Edited by Victress2007
  • Like 2