P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Most websites such as this one make their money  from advertising, and the greater the number of visits to the website, the higher the fee that can be charged.

It therefore seems perverse to deliberately disuade people from visiting the site. A bit like ITV cancelling Coronation Street because too many people were watching it.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Most websites such as this one make their money  from advertising, and the greater the number of visits to the website, the higher the fee that can be charged.

It therefore seems perverse to deliberately disuade people from visiting the site. A bit like ITV cancelling Coronation Street because too many people were watching it.

I get quite a few emails from cc, like most folk on here. I guess they now want me to ignore them.

• Like 3

Thank you all for the kind thoughts winging their way here.  I am doing pretty well, really, with two fantastic children (well, hardly children,  over 60 now) and a few really good friends.  As everyone says, you keep going at first with so much to do, then as it tails off you have more time to grieve.

I would love to know the real reasons why the other thread was removed - maybe CC is supposed to be just that, and we should all be on Facebook or similar?  (Not my cup of tea at all).  I do know there are others which have been going for ages and are allowed to continue - the Watercooler on Silversea for example, which I do dip into - some very good 'funnies' and a few nice people posting, but it is very US orientated, and the beauty of our thread, to me, is the extra affinity you can't help having with your fellow Brits.

Anyway, as I have been given permission to join in by you, I will post here - hopefully when  I have something interesting to say.  As you can see, awake early again; time to make the mug of tea to take back to bed and have a read.  My newspaper is delivered every morning by our super village paperman at around 6 a.m. each morning!  Now there is a hero.  And the van driver who in all weathers drives along the M62 from Liverpool to get them to him by 4.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Just been checking other cruise lines and most seem to have lost their similar threads, the HAL one still exists but its last post was 3rd Feb, so I imagine that might also disappear when the next new post is made.

Morning John.

The HAL daily is a new daily every day of the week created by Richwmn an independent poster.

Each new day starts around 12 noon GMT but previous day's can be read as independent daily new threads.

Everyone on that thread is lovely and will welcome you.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Thank you all for the kind thoughts winging their way here.  I am doing pretty well, really, with two fantastic children (well, hardly children,  over 60 now) and a few really good friends.  As everyone says, you keep going at first with so much to do, then as it tails off you have more time to grieve.

I would love to know the real reasons why the other thread was removed - maybe CC is supposed to be just that, and we should all be on Facebook or similar?  (Not my cup of tea at all).  I do know there are others which have been going for ages and are allowed to continue - the Watercooler on Silversea for example, which I do dip into - some very good 'funnies' and a few nice people posting, but it is very US orientated, and the beauty of our thread, to me, is the extra affinity you can't help having with your fellow Brits.

Anyway, as I have been given permission to join in by you, I will post here - hopefully when  I have something interesting to say.  As you can see, awake early again; time to make the mug of tea to take back to bed and have a read.  My newspaper is delivered every morning by our super village paperman at around 6 a.m. each morning!  Now there is a hero.  And the van driver who in all weathers drives along the M62 from Liverpool to get them to him by 4.

You are always welcome lincslady.

Graham.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

I am saddened to hear the news that our lovely thread has been removed. All my new found friends just vanished 🙂

Just curious as to why the thread is gone.

Could it be that people were in violation the terms and conditions in mentioning an illness all the time ?

Could it be that people were promoting their own agenda ? (cruise name in title)

Just asking for a friend.

In other news, my friend Rosemarie was late for our lunch yesterday, she was delayed in traffic.

We had a lovely meal, some delightful conversation and we chatted for hours and hours.

Its way to nippy for me to have my morning coffee on the balcony this morning, so i am here in the kitchen watching Eamonn and Isobel on the telly.

Thanks

Your Friend Always

-Lynn

Morning Lynn.

It is sad but we can all stay in touch by posting on current threads like this.

I hope you enjoy your coffee and can sit on your balcony later when hopefully it is a bit warmer.

Graham.

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 1°C clear skies and cold here this morning.

Maybe if we all mention our P&O cruises we will be fine.

We have Iona, Britannia and Azura currently booked.

Graham.

Good morning Graham.

I have no cruises currently booked but I have 35+ P&O cruises under my belt. Am tempted to book Aurora for next year as love sailing on her.  Getting to know many of you (albeit virtually) on this thread over the last few years I have a reasonable idea of what my fellow CC friends enjoy that is similar to my own cruise enjoyment.

Gill

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Good morning Graham.

I have no cruises currently booked but I have 35+ P&O cruises under my belt. Am tempted to book Aurora for next year as love sailing on her.  Getting to know many of you (albeit virtually) on this thread over the last few years I have a reasonable idea of what my fellow CC friends enjoy that is similar to my own cruise enjoyment.

Gill

Morning Gill.

Aurora was our first P&O cruise in 2004.

We have been very fortunate to have had 55 cruises including 25 P&O cruises and met lots of nice people on board.

All of our regulars especially yourself have always been lovely to chat to.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

I hope it wasn’t me that got it taken off mentioning my circumstances earlier this week. I was just chatting about my day and how I was feeling. 
It looks a nice day here today, looks clear skies and no wind. 
Going into Lytham this morning with my mum then in laws coming to stay for the weekend,. Not seen them since December so looking forward to that.

Take care everyone and stay safe

Michelle

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

There is a rather large red banner at the top of the page reminding us not to discuss individual circumstance's

Its a shame that some people ignored this, and thought they were above the terms and conditions which is shameful.

More than likely a reflection of their brash and forceful personality.

Again, I reach out to all my friends here and ask that we love each other.

Thanks

Your Friend Always

-Lynn

xxx

I saw the red banner at the top of the page that is there now. Peoples health circumstances have been mentioned many times on this thread and only ever has support been given, no one has ever been nasty or insulting. 
Apologies again if it was anything to to with me.

CC have not replied to my email yet

Michelle

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I saw the red banner at the top of the page that is there now. Peoples health circumstances have been mentioned many times on this thread and only ever has support been given, no one has ever been nasty or insulting. 

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I really don’t think you caused the thread to disappear.
I totally agree that apart from one or two posters who are just wind-up merchants then the old thread and it’s posters were a joy. To talk about and to support those whose family/friends who were unwell in my mind is not discussing the disease….. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I hope it wasn’t me that got it taken off mentioning my circumstances earlier this week. I was just chatting about my day and how I was feeling. 
Going into Lytham this morning with my mum then in laws coming to stay for the weekend,. Not seen them since December so looking forward to that.

Michelle

Good morning and I hope everyone's well on this cool and frosty morning :classic_smile:

I wish you and all the others would stop blaming yourselves , Sharon asked us to refrain from 

certain thing's like the wonderful world of politics amongst other things and I think we have 

stuck to our end of the bargain since then .

This morning I decided to lurk on other sites such as Cunard & Hal and they are talking about 

anything from a lateral flow test (wishing each other well ) to lambs being born .

To me the boards look very much like what we've had and good luck to them and long may 

they thrive for them :classic_love: They are doing exactly what we are doing ,talking about life in 

general and what it can throw at you . To have a thread locked off is one thing but to have

it destroyed is ...Something isn't right :classic_unsure:

The old saying "It'll all come out in the wash I suppose "

Have a nice day and take care everyone :classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Morning John.

The HAL daily is a new daily every day of the week created by Richwmn an independent poster.

Each new day starts around 12 noon GMT but previous day's can be read as independent daily new threads.

Everyone on that thread is lovely and will welcome you.

Graham.

Did not see that Graham, the one I was referring to was the "What are things like wher you are", a similar one to our, but not nearly as many posts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Did not see that Graham, the one I was referring to was the "What are things like wher you are", a similar one to our, but not nearly as many posts.

Our P&O daily was the most active host daily and I will miss it John.

HAL daily is new every day and usually has 100 posts and 3 thousand views daily.

Most of us on Royal Caribbean forums post on Dani's lockdown thread for almost 2 years and has 49,000 posts and 1.3 million views.

Graham.

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

I wish... (ducks and runs...)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

You have always been polite and respectful Michelle so I don't think it was you.

Hopefully the thread will come back so we could look back on our adventures over the last 2 years.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 3

Hi everyone....I never commented on the " old thread" but I lurked in the background and enjoyed reading the light hearted banter between you all....the thread will be missed  but hopefully this thread will continue so that I can still read what you are all getting up to in your daily lives and of course reading about your cruising adventures

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Most definitely not you, Michelle. Or anyone else for that matter.

This thread provided a lot of pleasure and a lot of support to a lot of people. Sadly, though, those policing it have decided for whatever reason that if it’s not cruise related it’s not wanted - despite the fact that it will cost the site money in lost traffic and advertising revenue.

It’s a bizarre decision, and I’d be surprised if the owners of the website knew about it or approved it. We can’t challenge it, though, short of flagging it up with the company that owns the website and derives revenue from it.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You have always been polite and respectful Michelle so I don't think it was you.

Hopefully the thread will come back so we could look back on our adventures over the last 2 years.

Take care.

Graham.

Thanks Graham.

I will not post anything health wise on this thread or have an opinion on anything ever again. I will be sticking to weather reports!!!

I don’t want to get jumped on by anyone!!

Michelle

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Thanks Graham.

I will not post anything health wise on this thread or have an opinion on anything ever again. I will be sticking to weather reports!!!

I don’t want to get jumped on by anyone!!

Michelle

Michelle, nothing you wrote caused the thread to be taken down. Don't beat yourself up.

Personally,  and being highly controversial,  I can do without the weather reports from all and sundry. 

I use my piece of seaweed hanging outside the front door to tell me what the weather is like.

Edited by wowzz
  • Haha 3