P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm surprised Princess don't offer a Playa Blanca "on your own trip ". P&O are offering one on our March cruise. 

Having said that,  if there are 4 of you, a taxi to PB will cost about €80 each way, so not too expensive. 

Personally, I think visiting PdC is  a waste of time - nothing of interest to see. OK for a winter sun holiday,  but basically charmless. Stay in Arecife and eat tapas overlooking the inland harbour.  

The volcanic landscape is not to everyone's taste - we love it. But if you drive to the north of the island you will pass through  totally different  scenery.

I like PDC. The walk from San Antonio Hotel to the Old Town is just right for exercise and, if you take your time, pass beaches, bars and lovely restaurants overlooking the sea. Walk along the coast and pass Chica Beach, with is quaint bar/restaurant before arriving at the Old Town area. Plenty of choice during your walk for a drink or food.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

I suppose when your describing something from far, far away and in another time zone that could explain why they posted that .An easy mistake to make when you set your sat-nav for Leeds castle , when you get there no one speaks Yorkshire anyway. Nothing is what it seems , I can drive to Wales and New York and back home within the hour :classic_ohmy: But it has no effect on my spelling ,I do not use the usa  vocabulary ,if you get my drift :classic_smile: I think what I'm saying is we welcome posters from everywhere ,so will the real Vera Lynn please stand up -Thank you :classic_smile:

Or should that have been "Hun " :classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

'Hun' always conjours up images of pretentious, air-kissing individuals😙

Avril

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I don't usually photograph my lunch but a change is as good as a rest. We went out for tapas this afternoon which was excellent and all washed down with a nice jug of sangria.

PDC 14-2-22.JPG

PDC Tapas.JPG

Look fab!!! Are those canarian potatoes? I love those 

Michelle

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

'Hun' always conjours up images of pretentious, air-kissing individuals😙

Avril

And the spelling is incorrect - it should be 'hon', being short for 'honey'.  I am pretty sure this is how it is spelt in the country it is most used.  Hence my reference to racism - remember anything about the two World Wars?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone, hope you are well today. No idea why but it has just posted my last post for the second time!! I am not great with technology!!

Miserable day here again, rain showers so far this morning, looks like I might have soggy doggies after our lunchtime walk. 
Not doing much today yet again, roll on Spring & Summer. On a brighter note the first daffodil opened up on a large display close by, that lifted my spirts a bit. Going to gym (motorised)this afternoon, taking my friend for the  first time for a try.

Take care and stay safe

Michelle

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all off to pick my grandson up in an hour, hope the buses behave today and we get home before it rains too hard.

A day late but this amused me 😆

DDD0A864-FA97-49ED-AE11-B6336AD105B4.jpeg

Looking after you grandson will def keep you busy for the day. I want a cruise too!!!

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I like PDC. The walk from San Antonio Hotel to the Old Town is just right for exercise and, if you take your time, pass beaches, bars and lovely restaurants overlooking the sea. Walk along the coast and pass Chica Beach, with is quaint bar/restaurant before arriving at the Old Town area. Plenty of choice during your walk for a drink or food.

Just shows that we are all different. We have been to PdC twice - hated it the first time, went again in case we were being harsh, but the second visit confirmed our opinion.

However, I can see the attraction for a family holiday.

• Like 2

No sun today, storms gathering all round and wind rising the weather chap cheerfully said. After their appalling behaviour yesterday when they ate my lunch the dachsies can expect no favours today the dog walker will be running them round like it or not. I'm being collected for a trip to the Probus lunch so will see how that goes.

Just finished the outside chores as heavy rain is expected anytime soon. I have just paid the balance for my May cruise to Norway, really simple to do as my bank sent a one time security number to my mobile to verify it was little me. 

I carefully chose the best itinerary to have both long fjord cruise calls to Olden and Geiranger. Stavanger is OK and best forget about Haugosund. Of course there is a chance that the itinerary might change although I believe a 'fjord' cruise should include cruising in an actual fjord.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just shows that we are all different. We have been to PdC twice - hated it the first time, went again in case we were being harsh, but the second visit confirmed our opinion.

However, I can see the attraction for a family holiday.

We stayed at the  San Antonio Hotel many years ago and would use the strip now and again 

but found that we preferred the walk to the Matagorda area as we like watching planes close up.

Some people would hate that but as you say each to their own .  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Just finished the outside chores as heavy rain is expected anytime soon. I have just paid the balance for my May cruise to Norway, really simple to do as my bank sent a one time security number to my mobile to verify it was little me. 

I carefully chose the best itinerary to have both long fjord cruise calls to Olden and Geiranger. Stavanger is OK and best forget about Haugosund. Of course there is a chance that the itinerary might change although I believe a 'fjord' cruise should include cruising in an actual fjord.

I chose ours for Olden & Geiranger too, disappointed that we're going to Haugesund instead of Bergen, especially as Haugesund is the last port day, but I suppose it's a good excuse for a slow start to the day after s few busy days.

Geiranger looks stunning.

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

We stayed at the  San Antonio Hotel many years ago and would use the strip now and again 

but found that we preferred the walk to the Matagorda area as we like watching planes close up.

Some people would hate that but as you say each to their own .  

About 30 years ago when working nearby Newcastle I would pop into Newcastle airport for lunch and watch the planes close up.

Since the airport refurb that area is now past security so I only watch the planes when we are in the airport to fly on holiday ourselves.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm surprised Princess don't offer a Playa Blanca "on your own trip ". P&O are offering one on our March cruise. 

Having said that,  if there are 4 of you, a taxi to PB will cost about €80 each way, so not too expensive. 

Personally, I think visiting PdC is  a waste of time - nothing of interest to see. OK for a winter sun holiday,  but basically charmless. Stay in Arecife and eat tapas overlooking the inland harbour.  

The volcanic landscape is not to everyone's taste - we love it. But if you drive to the north of the island you will pass through  totally different  scenery.

We quite like to visit Famara. Putting up the beach umbrella is a bit of a pain. Isn't travel all about experiencing different things .?. Lanzarote sure is different. Not to everyone's tastes, but we love it. 7 weeks for us.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I suppose when your describing something from far, far away and in another time zone that could explain why they posted that .An easy mistake to make when you set your sat-nav for Leeds castle , when you get there no one speaks Yorkshire anyway. Nothing is what it seems , I can drive to Wales and New York and back home within the hour :classic_ohmy: But it has no effect on my spelling ,I do not use the usa  vocabulary ,if you get my drift :classic_smile: I think what I'm saying is we welcome posters from everywhere ,so will the real Vera Lynn please stand up -Thank you :classic_smile:

Or should that have been "Hun " :classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

We live in a little village in Surrey called St John's. When we are in Antigua and folk ask where we live we tell them.........Woking. Saves the confusion.🤣

• Like 1