P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, lincslady said:

zapp - I presume you do actually live in St.John's - it is where my oldest friend  (known each other since we were 7)  has lived for the past 50 years or so.  

Hi. Yes we do. Best not mention names as She may know me, but would probably prefer not to. On a Baltic cruise we were chatting to an American gentleman. We were explaining where we lived. He replied ' I was stationed there in the 60's. I was serving in the secret facility in Brookwood. I asked ' where is that '. Can't tell you ........ It's a secret.🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

Sounds fascinating Snow Hill. I have always fancied getting involved in archaeology but have never taken the interest any further. If I was still living in your part of the world with an active archaeological society, I might have joined you. I might be completely wrong in my guess but it sounds a bit like Ironbridge/Severn gorge area. 

Correct. It’s a fascinating area for industrial archaeology. 

We have been stuck indoors for the last 2 years cataloging material from digs over the last 50 years, so will be good to get outside again, hopefully the weather will be good. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I chose ours for Olden & Geiranger too, disappointed that we're going to Haugesund instead of Bergen, especially as Haugesund is the last port day, but I suppose it's a good excuse for a slow start to the day after s few busy days.

Geiranger looks stunning.

Geiranger is stunning and Olden is not too shabby too. They both are about 60 NM from the sea so at 15 knots you have 8 hours of scenic cruising each . A day for early rising!. In Stavanger I hope to take the Lysefjord excursion for more spectacular fjord cruising. After a few visits to Haugosund I will probably just have a lazy day aboard the ship.

My cabin is on deck 16 forward below Epicurian so I will be one of the first into the buffet at breakfast plus there are outside table near the infinity bar so you can take in the scenery while eating.

44 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Well,they did move Stonehenge from Wales to Salisbury.

A little bit at a time. All those old buildings in that London made from Portland stone. All the way from Oregon. Surely there was some stone nearer than that.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Not to everyone's tastes, but we love it. 7 weeks for us.

Spookily,  we will be in Lanza 7 weeks tomorrow on Arcadia,  all being well. 

A walk along the prom from  Arrecife to Matagorda and back, with numerous refreshment stops seems to be the order of the day !

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Geiranger is stunning and Olden is not too shabby too. They both are about 60 NM from the sea so at 15 knots you have 8 hours of scenic cruising each . A day for early rising!. In Stavanger I hope to take the Lysefjord excursion for more spectacular fjord cruising. After a few visits to Haugosund I will probably just have a lazy day aboard the ship.

My cabin is on deck 16 forward below Epicurian so I will be one of the first into the buffet at breakfast plus there are outside table near the infinity bar so you can take in the scenery while eating.

Our next Cruise is Celebrity to the Fjords. Not too bothered which ones. We just want to get off the ship and see the trolls............🤣

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Spookily,  we will be in Lanza 7 weeks tomorrow on Arcadia,  all being well. 

A walk along the prom from  Arrecife to Matagorda and back, with numerous refreshment stops seems to be the order of the day !

There's a bar near the airport you may enjoy. I think it's called mozzies.🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Our next Cruise is Celebrity to the Fjords. Not too bothered which ones. We just want to get off the ship and see the trolls............🤣

Zap, I don’t know what your taste in drinks is but they do an amazing toffee apple martini at the ice bar (take it you are travelling on Silhouette).

Just now, Eglesbrech said:

Zap, I don’t know what your taste in drinks is but they do an amazing toffee apple martini at the ice bar (take it you are travelling on Silhouette).

Thanks. Yes we are and as we have the drinks package will take your advice. Always happy to try new drinks when we have the package. We have WiFi as well, so may post a pic of me drinking it.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Yes, I'll have to be up early on Stavanger and Olden days. our excursions are morning ones and I don't function without breakfast! 

Don't let it put you off 🙂 but we've booked the morning Lysefjord excursion from Stavanger and the morning Olden trip to the waterfall on the troll cars.

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Thanks. Yes we are and as we have the drinks package will take your advice. Always happy to try new drinks when we have the package. We have WiFi as well, so may post a pic of me drinking it.🤣

The World Class bar is often overlooked and if you have the premium drinks most of them are also included, really unusual cocktails there too.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The World Class bar is often overlooked and if you have the premium drinks most of them are also included, really unusual cocktails there too.

We will update to the premium package once on board. I like fresh orange at breakfast and premium fizzy water. DW has been known to sample the odd Bailey's.🤣

Edited by zap99
Fuzzy water.

43 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

You are so right Michelle. The pictures of the food that Graham posted, look looks really Yummy.

He looks as if he is having a great time 🙂

Windy here in Forest Gate today.

Have just returned from a meeting of the charity committee of which I am a member.

The great news is that our group have received a very prestigious prize for our charity work.

Delighted to be accepting the award on behalf of the group soon.

Good news about your charity. If you tell us more, maybe some of us may wish to donate to a prestigious prize winning charity such as yours.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We will update to the premium package once on board. I like fresh orange at breakfast and premium fizzy water. DW has been known to sample the odd Bailey's.🤣

I misread that for a second Zap.I thought your Mrs was in trouble at the Old Bailey.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Good news about your charity. If you tell us more, maybe some of us may wish to donate to a prestigious prize winning charity such as yours.

I don't know how the market stall survives in 11mph winds , forecast to to get nasty 

overnight though :classic_ohmy:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I chose ours for Olden & Geiranger too, disappointed that we're going to Haugesund instead of Bergen, especially as Haugesund is the last port day, but I suppose it's a good excuse for a slow start to the day after s few busy days.

Geiranger looks stunning.

Geiranger is stunning, we have been many times and still love the place, we now tend to walk up a lane alongside the Fjord where there is a small caravan park that has a little cafe which serves the most delicious cakes. If you are adventurous you can carry on walking and get to the very top of the Fjord. Olden is also stunning, we like the sail in if you get up early, sitting at the front of the ship with a cuppa just staring at the scenery. If it wasn't for the fact we want to go to so many other places we would take a Fjords cruise every summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

The forecast is to get bad alight.

Its at times like this, we need to think of the homeless people I help with my charity work.

The Charity is normally busy each evening assisting homeless people with food and shelter and blankets etc. (Unsure of the market stall reference however)

The kind offers from my friends here have not gone unnoticed.

Not very helpful I’m afraid. There are many charities helping the homeless, including the Macari Centre here in Stoke on Trent. If we don’t know the name of your charity, we may unwittingly donate to one that doesn’t win prestigious awards or heaven forbid, a scam organisation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

If it's the Sky Princess cruise, our paths may cross since that's what we booked last week.  I'm looking forward to it because I want DH to consider a land holiday to Lanzarote, but the ship's tour we took in October around the lunar landscape of Lanzarote did nothing for either of us after the first 30 minutes, so I'm hoping an 'on your own' look at Puerto del Carmen might give us a fuller picture.  It's really Playa Blanca I am interested in but no tour there alas.

It is the Sky Princess, so our paths may indeed cross.  I am looking forward to it and hoping that we will be able to go ashore without going on a tour in Lisbon.  During the first lockdown I read a book about the construction of the Christ the Redeemer statue so I have investigated how to get there using public transport because none the cruise companies seem to do tours up to it.

• Like 1

I wonder if there’s a CC record for the number of people blocking one poster? And whether it’s recently been exceeded?

Rodger was/is surreal but benign - I think we’re moving beyond that with this one, but I regard it much like Wordle now. It’s a daily challenge to spot the logical flaws, the American spellings, the Americanisms and the death defying leaps of logic.

Good fun - you never know what’s coming next, but you do know it won’t make any sense!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Lets cheer up guys :classic_smile: Goodbyes are never nice, reminds me of  the time I walked into

my mates kitchen ,he was heartbroken crying his eyes out .:classic_ohmy: Pointing to his fridge, 

his wife had left a note on the fridge saying, "This isn't working, ....Goodbye."

I opened the refrigerator door and it looked to be working just fine!     Weird.:classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos
too many wife's
  • Like 2
  • Haha 13

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Lets cheer up guys :classic_smile: Goodbyes are never nice, reminds me of  the time I walked into

my mates kitchen ,he was heartbroken crying his eyes out .:classic_ohmy: Pointing to his fridge, 

his wife  wife had left a note on the fridge saying, "This isn't working, ....Goodbye."

I opened the refrigerator door and it looked to be working just fine!     Weird.:classic_unsure:

We can rely on you Kalos to cheer us up!! 
Thank you, it was just what we needed

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1