P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, lincslady said:

I don't know to click 'ignore'. Where is it, please?  I think I need to do it now.

If you are using a PC with keyboard and mouse hover the cursor over the avatar of the poster 

you wish to remove ,you will see three options the one to the right is "Ignore" click it ,,Done :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I don't know to click 'ignore'. Where is it, please?  I think I need to do it now.

You place your cursor over the picture/avatar of the person you want to ignore, then click the "Ignore" button. You can do the same thing in reverse in the unlikely event you need a drivel fix.

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Geiranger is stunning, we have been many times and still love the place, we now tend to walk up a lane alongside the Fjord where there is a small caravan park that has a little cafe which serves the most delicious cakes. If you are adventurous you can carry on walking and get to the very top of the Fjord. Olden is also stunning, we like the sail in if you get up early, sitting at the front of the ship with a cuppa just staring at the scenery. If it wasn't for the fact we want to go to so many other places we would take a Fjords cruise every summer.

Does that walk take you to the Flydal Gorge viewpoint? Or is that further up? I’m hoping the hop on hop off bus will be running and we can drive up and walk back. 

I’m taking my DSLR camera with a wide angle lens so will try to find a good spot for photos of the sail into the fjord, as long as I can wake up that early, otherwise it will be photos of the sail out from the aft 😂

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I am using a laptop, but with my old keyboard , as a touch typist in the past can't get used to the keyboard on the laptop!

I cannot get on with them either so I bought a full sized keyboard .If you get a wired one that 

will be easy for you as they are "plug & play" into your laptop .You will find them as cheap as 

a tenner .I wouldn't be without mine .:classic_smile:

34 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Does that walk take you to the Flydal Gorge viewpoint? Or is that further up? I’m hoping the hop on hop off bus will be running and we can drive up and walk back. 

I’m taking my DSLR camera with a wide angle lens so will try to find a good spot for photos of the sail into the fjord, as long as I can wake up that early, otherwise it will be photos of the sail out from the aft 😂

No. The Flydal viewpoint is up above the town, well worth a visit as the views are stunning, especially as it is warming up and the mist is rising off the Fjord. We found the cafe by just wandering off up a trail, seemingly that trail is popular with walkers/hikers. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TangoYork said:

Help please . How do you block a poster using an iPad? Thanks in anticipation.

Not sure but if it works like my phone when your signed in to the top of the page it reads 

Cruise Critic Community and to the right is 3 bold black lines .

Tap on that and then tap on account .Out of your options available, tap ignored users .

The rest from there is self explanatory :classic_smile:

Hope this works for you .

24 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

No. The Flydal viewpoint is up above the town, well worth a visit as the views are stunning, especially as it is warming up and the mist is rising off the Fjord. We found the cafe by just wandering off up a trail, seemingly that trail is popular with walkers/hikers. 

Thanks. Can you walk down from the Flydal viewpoint or do you need to get public transport? 
I’ll task my hubby to find some good walks, I’m the holiday finder & booker and he’s the itinerary details man 😊

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TangoYork said:

Help please . How do you block a poster using an iPad? Thanks in anticipation.

I use a laptop and before I learned the trick of hovering over the avatar I went the long way around. I do'nt know if it will work for you, but give it a try. Click into your account and scroll to the bottom, click onto 'ignore user', put in the name of the poster you want to ignore and click on to it. From then on it's easy. Hope it works for you.

Avril

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kalos said:

Not sure but if it works like my phone when your signed in to the top of the page it reads 

Cruise Critic Community and to the right is 3 bold black lines .

Tap on that and then tap on account .Out of your options available, tap ignored users .

The rest from there is self explanatory :classic_smile:

Hope this works for you .

It will kalos, I've just posted the same reply🙄

Late again as usual. Now I know what Terrierjohn feels like😁

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1