P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I saw that a while back but with Thursdays isolation changes I wonder if P&O follow the new England guidance for Southampton sailings.

I have a P&O cruise in April Graham, had an email today saying we had to be double jabbed and if the last one was more than 270 days ago we have to have the booster too. 

Also LFT still before sailing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I have a P&O cruise in April Graham, had an email today saying we had to be double jabbed and if the last one was more than 270 days ago we have to have the booster too. 

Also LFT still before sailing.

Thank you Sue.

For a couple there are no changes.

Graham.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

im not sure I am following your posts correctly. 

where are you going to meet people exactly?

Unfortunately I did not write "block" correctly. 

A certain poster has been blocked by numerous people, and I did not want to quote her post. She was threatening to visit various individuals and, no doubt boast about her charitable work !

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Unfortunately I did not write "block" correctly. 

A certain poster has been blocked by numerous people, and I did not want to quote her post. She was threatening to visit various individuals and, no doubt boast about her charitable work !

Well, that's the cat out....!!

• Haha 1

Good morning I hope everyone's ok :classic_smile: I found this topical joke to share with you ...

Two birds (the winged type) sat in a field.

First bird: "Russia bad. Russia doing invasion."

Second bird: "Ukraine?"

First bird: "No. Me seagull." :classic_biggrin:

Have a good day and be safe :classic_love:

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

When I was young we used to go to a lovely pub in Forest Gate just a few blocks from Upton Park tube.The Spotted Dog, a 16th century hunting lodge where Henry 8th used to frequent.It fell into disrepair but is being refurbished soon.Such an unusual gem in a deprived area.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I missed all the fun. Never mind. Its a pleasant start to the day here and now I can drive again of all places I need to go to Kings Lynn which is not right up there on my 10 fave North Norfolk places to visit. Of all things I need to go and look at window frame colours I felt very "modern" deciding in my mind on dark blue, no-one said there were 14 shades to choose from. I know me if I get bored it will either be "that one" choose any at random or white I shall see. Then lunch out to reward myself for being a grown up and actually going to see the options, usually its on line or nowt.

Had the results from my MRI on monday (only had MRI saturday) Breast cancer I had in 2013 has spread to my spine. Now have to wait for appointment to see oncologist. I am wondering about going on my cruise in august. Have bank insurance but that won't cover me now as they cannot cure it but they can treat it. Wondering if anyone in a similar situation can advise me about insurance. Obviously I will have to see oncologist first but only have until 23april to pay balance.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Had the results from my MRI on monday (only had MRI saturday) Breast cancer I had in 2013 has spread to my spine. Now have to wait for appointment to see oncologist. I am wondering about going on my cruise in august. Have bank insurance but that won't cover me now as they cannot cure it but they can treat it. Wondering if anyone in a similar situation can advise me about insurance. Obviously I will have to see oncologist first but only have until 23april to pay balance.

I’m so sorry to hear your news. No words can help, really, except to say that you have everybody’s very best wishes for getting this resolved, with a good outcome.

Perhaps a relatively small outlay on a private appointment with the oncologist might help with the insurance issue though, quite apart from other benefits?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

When Brian said about his experience with the spotted dog I thought he had actually met up 

with flopdoodle :classic_wink:

It wasn't a windup Kalos.It was a trendy pub back in the 70s.Genuine 16th century Epping forest hunting lodge in the middle of the East end.Hopefully will be trendy again when it's refurbished.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, delgirl said:

So sorry to hear this awful news. I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best possible outcome.🤞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, delgirl said:

Oh no. I’m so sorry to read about your MRI scan results - but good that they can treat it.

Hopefully you will get your oncologist appointment fairly quickly so you can then make arrangements for travel insurance.

With very best wishes,

Gill x

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about your scan results. Hope you get an appointment to see the oncologist soon so they can start treatment quickly.

Wishing you all the best and take care.

Pam 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I guess it's fairly harmless. As they say, little things please.............🤣

Live and kisses from your friend.

Harmless Zap🤐

Zap - I'm amazed you have time to write,  given all your prize winning charity work.

• Haha 11

Sorry to hear about your MRI results. Hope you get an oncologist appointment quickly and treatment starts soon after

Michelle 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to hear your news Delgirl.   I agree about  an earlier private appointment if that is possible.

Chin up.  Hard though.

I'm sure I speak for all on here when I say if you need a rant and to let off steam please feel free on here.. we will understand.   Sometimes it's difficult to speak to those closest while trying to keep cheerful xx

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Ah, change of subject to “words of wisdom from my Dadl

My Dad was very quiet and gentle.  He seemed to be calm all the time.  One of his best, when experiencing minor irritation which would exasperate many was “There’s a lot in the churchyard who’d be happy to hear/see/smell/whatever that”

• Like 6