P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, ann141 said:

I have been away from this board for roughly 2 weeks as we have had a cruise on Regal Princess followed by 7 nights in Weymouth (with a view of Ventura and Aurora from our apartment window)Belated birthday and Anniversary wishes and Congrats to anyone due(Still doing the washing so haven't had time to read through previous posts)

Welcome back Ann, did you enjoy your cruise?

19 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Went out to fill up my wife’s car,  local Shell garage was closed as completely out of all fuel, Asda was open queued for about 5 mins they had no diesel and were closing at 9pm, it’s a 24hr service station., guess they are not taking any chances when it switches over to unmanned.

A friend has been struggling to find any garage in the area with diesel available, her husband is a self employed electrical engineer and has jobs to go to tomorrow and not enough fuel to get him there. 

Reminds me of the fuel crisis in the 70s.I was a gas engineer in South London and didn't have enough fuel to drive home to Dagenham.I had to leave the van in a dodgy part of Brixton and get the tube home.All intact the next day though.

• Like 3

Joy of joys. The new BT hub they sent me worked straight away so back online.

Today has been a day of unpacking and wondering why I hadn’t thrown more things out….

Freddie is staying with a friend until Monday but his dog bed and toys were the first things I unpacked!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and I hope you are not uncomfortable after eye op Graham.

Gill x

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I have been away from this board for roughly 2 weeks as we have had a cruise on Regal Princess followed by 7 nights in Weymouth (with a view of Ventura and Aurora from our apartment window)Belated birthday and Anniversary wishes and Congrats to anyone due(Still doing the washing so haven't had time to read through previous posts)

Sounds like you had a great 2 weeks Ann and I suspect you had good weather for most of the time.

Gill

• Like 1

It has been the busiest day that I have experienced at our vaccine hub today with both covid boosters and flu vaccines being given.

I was offered both this morning and decided that I would take both because it seems to be up in the air as to whether or not the vaccine trial will offer us a booster.  I now have 2 sore arms.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Today has been a day of unpacking and wondering why I hadn’t thrown more things out….

Freddie is staying with a friend until Monday but his dog bed and toys were the first things I unpacked!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and I hope you are not uncomfortable after eye op Graham.

Gill x

Good luck setting in Gill, 

Andy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Reminds me of the fuel crisis in the 70s.I was a gas engineer in South London and didn't have enough fuel to drive home to Dagenham.I had to leave the van in a dodgy part of Brixton and get the tube home.All intact the next day though.

It would have been safe at Dagenham dock overnight?.🤣. In my teens I often walked home from the Ram Jam club, wouldn't do it now.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

It never ceases to amaze me how many people will queue for ages waiting for a pump that is on the side nearest the side of the car where the fuel filler is.  I always go ahead of them, and if the fuel pump happens to opposite the side of the car where the filler is, I just pull out more hose from the pump...  Like you say, usually finished before they get onto a pump.

I do the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

I hope you had a fantastic cruise then stay in Weymouth Ann.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Gill x

Thank you Gill.

My eye has been great.

I'm pleased you are settling in to your new property and hope you are very happy there.

Graham x.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Which Sky Princess cruise are you going on ? We are are going on her the week after next.

I negotiated a full tank in the deal that I got my new car with 2 years ago, I prevaricated over going for the car and was asked what would help seal the deal, I gave a list of 3 items, one being a full tank of fuel.

• Like 2

Hi all,a synopsis of our 1st flight in 2 years yesterday.Arrived to long queues outside terminal and only letting people in when their check in opened which makes sense,masks worn everywhere.Our plane took off an hour late due to the stringent covid paperwork checks at the gate.This is where I thought corporate greed would be on the back burner due to covid protocol.We opted for the basic Ryanair package witth no extras at all and random seating allocated.The algorithym put me with a young lady on a row of 3,my OH was on her own just across the aisle and the young lady's mum was a few rows up with another stranger.So once the doors closed we all swapped around,lol,common sense should prevail here.At Stansted it was manic,the national e gate system had crashed that morning and the queues were almost from the plane.Bottom line,return flights of 3000 miles,3 hrs each for 2 people for 79 euro all in.Cheaper than a weekend returnc National Express coach from Romford to Skeggy.The testing regs were probably twice as much as the fares.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It has been the busiest day that I have experienced at our vaccine hub today with both covid boosters and flu vaccines being given.

I was offered both this morning and decided that I would take both because it seems to be up in the air as to whether or not the vaccine trial will offer us a booster.  I now have 2 sore arms.

Morning Josy. Like you, the hub I was at yesterday was busy beyond belief. I hope your patients were all nice and polite because I can honestly say I came across some of the rudest, obnoxious excuses for humanity ever. We were short of a vaccinator due to illness on the day and admittedly ran up a 30 minute delay while we were on the phone begging anyone we could contact to come and help. However, this was explained to everyone in the queue and this was met with a word I've learned to hate - "ridiculous".

The delay was "ridiculous", being asked to wear a mask was "ridiculous" and even the chairs I put out for people to sit on while they waited were "ridiculously uncomfortable". I give up on people -give me animals any day!

Anyway, I got my booster and feel a bit flue-like today, came home and watched Strictly, which I completely loved, then went to bed. What a day!

I hope your arms are ok today Josy - brilliant you got the flu jab at the same time.  Have a good day. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 6