P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well I have been posting most of the day because I have been stuck at home with a miserable cold (not covid, tested). 

My nose is red and runny, I am constantly coughing (not socially acceptable in this day and age), hot and then cold. Don’t know how I caught this as I don’t go out much but caught it I have.

I am sitting wrapped in a blanket with the heating on high and a pile of used hankies on the side table. The picture of misery - just as well you are all at the other end of a computer.

I need Kalos to provide some humour to cheer me up, he always does.

Oh no, hope you feel better soon.

They say there's a 'super cold' going round, so if it's any consolation, you are probably not the only one 

Edited by Dermotsgirl
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well I have been posting most of the day because I have been stuck at home with a miserable cold (not covid, tested). 

My nose is red and runny, I am constantly coughing (not socially acceptable in this day and age), hot and then cold. Don’t know how I caught this as I don’t go out much but caught it I have.

I am sitting wrapped in a blanket with the heating on high and a pile of used hankies on the side table. The picture of misery - just as well you are all at the other end of a computer.

Poor you, those pesky germs will find you no matter where you hide. The perfect excuse for a good glass of whiskey with honey.🥃

Minus the honey😁

Take care and I hope you're much better soon.

Avril

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sorry to hear that - there are some very nasty cold about at the moment, I gather.  Hope you're soon fully recovered.  Keep warm!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

What if you don't get off at Le Havre? I think that Princess have made a bad Port decision here, as it stirs up issues like testing and passenger locator forms just for one port of call and what if we decide to not get off and enter the country!

We are now not going on the cruise, we decided that the hassle involved is just not worth it.  Princess have been brilliant in letting us cancel and refunding our money without charging any admin fees even though their "Cruise with Confidence" policy states If you or your immediate travel party in the same stateroom tests positive for COVID-19 within the 30 days prior to and including embarkation day or is denied boarding for a COVID-19 related reason, you will receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of the cancellation fee amount, 

The best that we had hoped for was an FCC but expected to lose something because neither of us have had any positive tests and we weren't being denied cruising by them.

I am going to rebook with them for October next year but going nowhere near to France and hopefully things will be a bit more normal next year.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

We are now not going on the cruise, we decided that the hassle involved is just not worth it.  Princess have been brilliant in letting us cancel and refunding our money without charging any admin fees even though their "Cruise with Confidence" policy states If you or your immediate travel party in the same stateroom tests positive for COVID-19 within the 30 days prior to and including embarkation day or is denied boarding for a COVID-19 related reason, you will receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of the cancellation fee amount, 

The best that we had hoped for was an FCC but expected to lose something because neither of us have had any positive tests and we weren't being denied cruising by them.

I am going to rebook with them for October next year but going nowhere near to France and hopefully things will be a bit more normal next year.

That's a shame but I understand your concerns. We're still going ahead but the Le Havre port stop does bring in some questions about Passenger Locator form for France if we don't plan to get off, and where and how will we be tested after France as for 8 days we will be at sea or in a UK port, I'm sure it will become clearer hopefully.

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry you are missing out on your cruise but sometimes it is indeed just not worth the hassle involved.

1 minute ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

That's a shame but I understand your concerns. We're still going ahead but the Le Havre port stop does bring in some questions about Passenger Locator form for France if we don't plan to get off, and where and how will we be tested after France as for 8 days we will be at sea or in a UK port, I'm sure it will become clearer hopefully.

France just requires a double jab cert and a sworn self certified health declaration.

51 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Oh no, hope you feel better soon.

They say there's a 'super cold' going round, so if it's any consolation, you are probably not the only one 

I had it last week. This week petrol crisis, next week getting to Gatwick crisis. Where is the leadership we need. At least no crisis in Spain, well, apart from the volcano in La Palma crisis and the hire car crisis in the Balearics and the........Forget Spain. No crisis in Germany, well apart from no Leadership crisis.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, brian1 said:

France just requires a double jab cert and a sworn self certified health declaration.

The big issue is how and when we get tested after the France port of call as we are at sea or in a UK port for 8 days before returning to Southampton, if Le Havre was the last port of call it would be straightforward we could just book now a local test for when we get back. In theory we should get tested within 2 days of the first UK port of call which is Greenock and we are then visiting Belfast and Liverpool on consecutive days. I guess we'll have to be tested on board. 

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

It depends what you like and how far from the M6 you want to stray. Maybe Presto or  Josie could help. 

We eat in Stone :

Pasta di Piazza for Italian

800 degrees for Pizza

The Wayfarer for Pub food that is better than most

Newcastle under Lyme :

The Milehouse

Marloes

Pasta de Piazza

Stone leave M6 at junction 14

Newcastle leave M6 at junction 15

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pete14 said:

It depends what you like and how far from the M6 you want to stray. Maybe Presto or  Josie could help. 

Now I can talk food ------ which junction though ?

Miller and Carters Talke is a good bet for junction  16 off the A500

The Manor House Alsager for food and an over night stay for junction 16 off the A500

The Wayfarers Stone is a good one too junction 14 or 15

The Moat House Acton Trussell Junction 13

You may have noticed a theme here, that I can talk good places to eat and an over night stay / treat 

😉

• Like 4

Well, no phone call today, so, as long as it isn't cancelled once I get to the hospital, I will be away from the boards for a week or two. Please be kind to each other and keep politics off the threads so my stand-in doesn't have to delete too much. Thanks.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Well, no phone call today, so, as long as it isn't cancelled once I get to the hospital, I will be away from the boards for a week or two. Please be kind to each other and keep politics off the threads so my stand-in doesn't have to delete too much. Thanks.

Hope all goes well and that you are back to full health soon , ready to cruise!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

All the very best. No politics discussed on this thread Sharon🤔🤣

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Sending you our prayers 🙏 Sharon for your operation to go ahead and to be extremely successful and give you a much better quality of life.

Very best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sending you our prayers 🙏 Sharon for your operation to go ahead and to be extremely successful and give you a much better quality of life.

Very best wishes.

Graham.

Yes my thoughts exactly Sharon and I’m sure we’re all behave , have a quick recovery 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Now I can talk food ------ which junction though ?

Miller and Carters Talke is a good bet for junction  16 off the A500

The Manor House Alsager for food and an over night stay for junction 16 off the A500

The Wayfarers Stone is a good one too junction 14 or 15

The Moat House Acton Trussell Junction 13

You may have noticed a theme here, that I can talk good places to eat and an over night stay / treat 

😉

Thanks, I have copied and pasted your suggestions for future reference along with Josy,s.

We just get fed up staying at the same stops on the way down so will try something new on the next trip tonSouthampton.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Sharon. 

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

The notice that we received from Princess listed which vaccines France will accept and Novavax is not one of them.

Sorry to hear that,hopefully it will reset itself with an approved booster.

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We eat in Stone :

Pasta di Piazza for Italian

800 degrees for Pizza

The Wayfarer for Pub food that is better than most

Newcastle under Lyme :

The Milehouse

Marloes

Pasta de Piazza

Stone leave M6 at junction 14

Newcastle leave M6 at junction 15

When we worked up North in the late 90s ,the Tesco café at NUL used to do a good breakfast.None of them are as good now.

8 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery Sharon.

9 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Hope all goes well for you

Michelle