P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Well, no phone call today, so, as long as it isn't cancelled once I get to the hospital, I will be away from the boards for a week or two. Please be kind to each other and keep politics off the threads so my stand-in doesn't have to delete too much. Thanks.

Hope all goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery.

A nice sunny day here, after all the rain we have had, still windy though. Just been out to check the pear tree and rescue and windfalls before the slugs get at them.

I''m working late again today, as I have a phone appointment with my consultant, but other than than I've nothing planned.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Well, no phone call today, so, as long as it isn't cancelled once I get to the hospital, I will be away from the boards for a week or two. Please be kind to each other and keep politics off the threads so my stand-in doesn't have to delete too much. Thanks.

Best of luck Sharon, I hope all goes well, and we'll try to be good, honest😊

Avril

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning Eglesbrech. I hope you're feeling a little better this morning.

Avril

I feel like death warmed over. Funny how a simple cold can make you feel so miserable, this too shall pass.

My OH has just walked past with the bed sheets and duvet cover to put them in the wash, he is a good soul.  It’s a lovely day here so they will dry on the line. So nice fresh bed made up ready for me to get back into and all I have to do is shower but right now I don’t even have the energy for that so will continue to slouth on the sofa for a bit.

Thanks for asking Avril.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I feel like death warmed over. Funny how a simple cold can make you feel so miserable, this too shall pass.

My OH has just walked past with the bed sheets and duvet cover to put them in the wash, he is a good soul.  It’s a lovely day here so they will dry on the line. So nice fresh bed made up ready for me to get back into and all I have to do is shower but right now I don’t even have the energy for that so will continue to slouth on the sofa for a bit.

Thanks for asking Avril.

Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

• Thanks 1

Lovely sunny day but cold and there were HEAVY showers yesterday.

Made a trip to Hempstead Valley this morning. The petrol station is still closed. My Costa Club app now shows beans rather than money. Still to work out how to get the offered free drink.

Need to have a good think, should I pay the final balance for my January Iona cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks for asking Avril.

I'm sorry to hear you're so poorly. You're doing the best thing though, rest, rest and more rest, interspersed with the odd dram of whiskey🥃

Being as your OH is so helpful, do you think a bed bath could help😉😁

I hope you're feeling much better soon. x

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Very best wishes for a speedy recovery Sharon.

• Like 1

Graham a breakfast of dreams. I love breakfast above all other meals. Having been a massive 35 stones at one point, dieted and then had a gastric bypass I am now just under 10 stones but 10 years post surgery I can just about manage a small Epicurean breakfast on a cruise and I enjoy it every day. My tiny tum has stretched and I now manage a small version of any meal but breakfast and especially at Epicurean is my greatest treat. This looks so good I wish I had been there

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

InIt was a sunny but cold 6°C at 8.30am when we went to the Gateshead Metro Centre.

We had a nice time and had fabulous breakfasts at Frankie and Benny's while we were there.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham 

IMG_20210929_093244.jpg

6 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Graham a breakfast of dreams. I love breakfast above all other meals. Having been a massive 35 stones at one point, dieted and then had a gastric bypass I am now just under 10 stones but 10 years post surgery I can just about manage a small Epicurean breakfast on a cruise and I enjoy it every day. My tiny tum has stretched and I now manage a small version of any meal but breakfast and especially at Epicurean is my greatest treat. This looks so good I wish I had been there

That is fantastic you lost all that weight.

The full English breakfast has always been a favourite of mine but after my heart attack in December 2019 I had to change my diet and have only had the full English breakfast about 6 times since.

On Britannia 22-26 August and Iona 11-18 September i had room service breakfast of fruit, Alpen/muesli and yoghurt.

Graham.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks for asking Avril.

Hope you feel better soon. It’s been said there will be lots of colds this year because everyone was shut away last year. It’s embarrassing to cough in public now!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, davecttr said:

Lovely sunny day but cold and there were HEAVY showers yesterday.

Made a trip to Hempstead Valley this morning. The petrol station is still closed. My Costa Club app now shows beans rather than money. Still to work out how to get the offered free drink.

Need to have a good think, should I pay the final balance for my January Iona cruise.

John actually got some petrol today so now we’re all full. He went to the Co-op one near the Will Adams centre. Very organised he said, not too long a queue either.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

All the best Sharon.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

what an incredible achievement. Well done ccpm

Thank you. I have to say I hear all the statements about fat is bad and I knew it was. There were a lot of mental issues in there for me. I tried and failed so many times but on 1.1.2007 I tried again and for some reason after a very wobbly start I got started and lost 8 stones the first year. The second only 2 stones..I just got fed up but I swore I wouldn't go back and although i could have got the surgery on the NHS I wouldn't. I paid because I don't ever waste money and no way would I throw £13,000 away. By the time I got my op I had lost a lot more. It was not an easy ride for me I had loads of problems but I did it and 2 years post op I hit 12 stone. Paid another small fortune and had all the loose skin removed. 3 years post op weighed 10 stone and have remained there and its been bloody hard. BUT I still love food and an Epicurean breakfast is my favourite meal. I did my first cruise when I was a year post op and met my friend who was the manager of the glass house on Azura and was very puzzled because I ate so little. He sat and talked to me at the end of one night and i blurted it all out. He then had the chef out to talk to me and he then made me mini versions of things. This is why I still cruise P&O.  Sorry if TMI.

40 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Thank you. I have to say I hear all the statements about fat is bad and I knew it was. There were a lot of mental issues in there for me. I tried and failed so many times but on 1.1.2007 I tried again and for some reason after a very wobbly start I got started and lost 8 stones the first year. The second only 2 stones..I just got fed up but I swore I wouldn't go back and although i could have got the surgery on the NHS I wouldn't. I paid because I don't ever waste money and no way would I throw £13,000 away. By the time I got my op I had lost a lot more. It was not an easy ride for me I had loads of problems but I did it and 2 years post op I hit 12 stone. Paid another small fortune and had all the loose skin removed. 3 years post op weighed 10 stone and have remained there and its been bloody hard. BUT I still love food and an Epicurean breakfast is my favourite meal. I did my first cruise when I was a year post op and met my friend who was the manager of the glass house on Azura and was very puzzled because I ate so little. He sat and talked to me at the end of one night and i blurted it all out. He then had the chef out to talk to me and he then made me mini versions of things. This is why I still cruise P&O.  Sorry if TMI.

Well done, you should be proud of yourself, that sort of weight loss is fantastic.  All the best for the future.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

Very well done ccpm.

What you have achieved is amazing.

I'm sure your health is a lot better now and eating smaller helpings of food you love is a great idea.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have a large glass of wine to drinkers, I am hoping that it will help me to sleep.  I had a phone cal! this afternoon "inviting" me to go to the hospital tomorrow for a biopsy, just what I didn't need.

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow Josy.

Avril

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have a large glass of wine to drinkers, I am hoping that it will help me to sleep.  I had a phone cal! this afternoon "inviting" me to go to the hospital tomorrow for a biopsy, just what I didn't need.

Prayers 🙏 and very best wishes for tomorrow Josy.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Thinking of you and hoping all goes well tomorrow

• Like 3