P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

54 minutes ago, kalos said:

This weekend .....
I have heard that the following people will be out and about enjoying our parks and beaches with beer and BBQ'S in tow.

List as follows :-  

Dumb,Stupid ,ignorant,Selfish,Moorons,Dimwits,Brainless,Imbeciles,Fools or any one from the lower end of the gene pool .

If you think you have been left out  and fall into any of the above please make yourselves known and befriend them .

Otherwise all other humans will continue to follow the lockdown rules .:classic_biggrin: :classic_biggrin: :classic_wink:

And Malcolm... 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, kalos said:

This weekend .....
I have heard that the following people will be out and about enjoying our parks and beaches with beer and BBQ'S in tow.

List as follows :-  

Dumb,Stupid ,ignorant,Selfish,Moorons,Dimwits,Brainless,Imbeciles,Fools or any one from the lower end of the gene pool .

If you think you have been left out  and fall into any of the above please make yourselves known and befriend them .

Otherwise all other humans will continue to follow the lockdown rules .:classic_biggrin: :classic_biggrin: :classic_wink:

+1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daiB said:

Interestingly the information I have seen is that there is no shortage of flour at all. There is a shortage of retail type bags and the machines to fill them. Apparently a large amount of flour is used by bakers etc. And comes in very large bags, 10/20 kg or more. Consequently there is now a shortage in the shops.

Happy to say we had delivered today of flour 1 large plain and 1 large S/R.

Happy Days

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been able to get flour, initially the only strong bread flour that I could get was Allinson's white but this week I got Hovis flour which we prefer.

There seemed to be a shortage of yeast but I managed get some this week.  I think that the initial problems were with panic buyers.

Edited by Josy1953

I’ve only had the flour issue since I’ve been looking for my mum! Got her some self raising last week thankfully and she was making a sponge that afternoon! 
I think I’ll be looking again soon as she’s baking for England! Wish I could eat some, my Dad will be putting on weight! 😃

Edited by P&O SUE

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Unfortunately not around here. 

scones sound good, may just knock some up myself as I still have some homemade jam left from last year . Enjoy yours.

When we first met I promised my now hubby that I would make him some lovely mince pies at Christmas. He is still waiting poor thing ….…… and that was 26 years ago . You never know, if this goes on a long time he may get his heart's desire :-)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

When we first met I promised my now hubby that I would make him some lovely mince pies at Christmas. He is still waiting poor thing ….…… and that was 26 years ago . You never know, if this goes on a long time he may get his heart's desire 🙂

Now is the time. Make those pies for him right now. As the old song goes “For we need a little Christmas, right this very minute”.

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Now is the time. Make those pies for him right now. As the old song goes “For we need a little Christmas, right this very minute”.

All I have to do now is to get the ingredients and ……. remember how to make them :classic_biggrin::classic_wacko::classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

You are only allowed out for essential shopping, meds and, of course... 

FOR EXERCISE, FOR EXERCISE... 😊

Andy 

This is all woking out fine now. When I drive down to Southampton for our Iona cruise at the end of August, I can tell the police that I am going to a mandatory muster drill. That should be ok, shouldn't it.?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We always used to make a habit of taking a day trip somewhere on Good Friday, to pay homage to the start of the summer season. Do you think the police would accept tradition as a good reason to be out in the Dale's?:classic_blink:

Do you think it would work if you didn't take your daily hours exercise for a week and save them up. You might have enough hours for a quick trip.😊

Avril 

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

I thought you were allowed to save up your one hour a day to have 7 hours once a week, or have I got that wrong as well.?🤔

You beat me to it . I thought that could work too.

Avril 

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Do you think it would work if you didn't take your daily hours exercise for a week and save them up. You might have enough hours for a quick trip.😊

Avril 

Sounds like a plan Avril, but I was only day dreaming, like the vast majority I will be staying at home, protecting the NHS and saving lives, and thinking how lucky we are  to have a nice garden so we can at least enjoy some time in the sun.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

All I have to do now is to get the ingredients and ……. remember how to make them :classic_biggrin::classic_wacko::classic_rolleyes:

1. Buy box

2. Open box

3. Take pie out of box

4. Put pie on a plate

5. Eat pie😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Sounds like a plan Avril, but I was only day dreaming, like the vast majority I will be staying at home, protecting the NHS and saving lives, and thinking how lucky we are  to have a nice garden so we can at least enjoy some time in the sun.

don’t turn out like a tomato like me though. Was a bit sunnier then I realised today and now I’m paying for it. 

5 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Go to Butchers and get some mince

Go to supermarket or local shop and get some pastry.

cup cut pastry and use fingers to make a well

place mince inside the well

place in oven at 160 degree for 35 minutes.

When properly burnt, place in bin and go and cut the grass!

Edited by mercury7289
oopsy!
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, kalos said:

Sue have a look at this link  ,as you are doing NHS work it could speed your case along 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

Thank  you so much for that. I may use that soon.
We already mentioned my work and I really thought we’d hear something yesterday but no 😩 If we don’t hear today I suppose it’s at least Tuesday now.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I get that too. It’s incredible hard and also strange times. 

I haven’t come across anyone who works from home for the nhs only nurses that want broadband for their days off. 

I know that Bt and openreach work very very closely with nhs. The 111 call centres that a mum who’s in my kids classes she works for them they are all owned and dealt with by Bt. I think they have also donated a lot of money so usually they all work with each other. 

if you do get to work from home for the nhs tell them to see if that makes a difference, makes them able to do anything that we couldn’t usually. I believe though that it might have to go through your employer somehow though. 

let’s hope it’s just a simply rewirinf needing help 

I work in an admin office but even before my last day in most of our clinicians were working from home doing telephone consultations. 
I keep wondering how I can work from home as I use a specific NHS computer system but apparently they’re looking into us having the work PC’s in our homes. Which is why I need my landline back!

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Probably more likely 😬

All they need to do then is ration it to one jar per person thus creating the appearance of a shortage. Panic buying will ensue and all stock will be gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1