P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

52 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Our 19th wedding anniversary today & the weather is just as good as it was on this day back in 2001. We usually have a meal out but we're still keeping ourselves to ourselves for the most part and money is tight anyway so it's a McDonalds drive through breakfast to celebrate (and before anyone comments it was Michelle's choice).

IMG_1167.JPG

Funny old World. Went to Specsavers yesterday for an eyetest and had a McDonalds in town for lunch. That's our toaster. Have you got the matching kettle?😁

• Haha 1

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Damian

Beach looks good, Andy

Final harvesting is in full swing.  Goodness knows how many traffic hauling silage material we saw in a 90 minute trip this morning.  Dozens!

Weather is changing, as meteorological autumn arrives.  The trees are changing colour, the mornings are misty, the evenings darker.  Ho hum.  Never mind - 3 months to the shortest day!

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Our 19th wedding anniversary today & the weather is just as good as it was on this day back in 2001. We usually have a meal out but we're still keeping ourselves to ourselves for the most part and money is tight anyway so it's a McDonalds drive through breakfast to celebrate (and before anyone comments it was Michelle's choice).

IMG_1167.JPG

Happy anniversary to you both Damian.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Pleased you and Dermotsgirl had a quiet word with the people you met.:classic_wink::classic_wink:

Never mind a new day and people will be getting the message now.

Things like ..No driving to Durham to test your eyesight and wear your mask 

and don't forget report anyone Not wearing a mask.

Seems fair enough and stright forward to me ..What a nice day it is today , 

I think I will sit in the garden and read the newspaper headlines.

https://www.metro.news/as-pm-brings-in-10pm-curfew-on-pubs-and-restaurants-one-of-his-mps-flouts-travel-rules/2155100/

Have a nice day everyone !  :classic_smile: 

Enjoy your garden Kalos.

I'm in our garden now.😎

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Damian

Beach looks good, Andy

Final harvesting is in full swing.  Goodness knows how many traffic hauling silage material we saw in a 90 minute trip this morning.  Dozens!

Weather is changing, as meteorological autumn arrives.  The trees are changing colour, the mornings are misty, the evenings darker.  Ho hum.  Never mind - 3 months to the shortest day!

The farms around here have done well this year with all the fine weather. The hedgerows are busting with berries (a sign of a hatch winter). 

It’s  the annual how do I use up all these apples challenge. The crop of apples is huge - wish I knew how to make cider!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The farms around here have done well this year with all the fine weather. The hedgerows are busting with berries (a sign of a hatch winter). 

It’s  the annual how do I use up all these apples challenge. The crop of apples is huge - wish I knew how to make cider!

Good crop of apples here too, and huge quantities of tomatoes. Nothing goes to waste, but we could do with (yet) another freezer!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Walton on the Naze, beautiful sunshine, who needs cruising? 😊

Andy 

IMG_20200922_102738.jpg

Brings back memories!  Is that the Frinton "end" ?

Have you been on the pier yet ? I remember being given a 10 bob note from my parents that had to last a week, and trying not to spend it all in the pier on  the first two days.

28 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

16 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good crop of apples here too, and huge quantities of tomatoes. Nothing goes to waste, but we could do with (yet) another freezer!

Looks like you two need a new hobby :classic_smile: Maybe buy "The Big Book Of Cider Making " :classic_wink:

Should you take up the challenge and you drink it,please don't panic should you sleep for 24hrs ! :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

IMG_1167.JPG

A very happy anniversary to you both.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

It's the annual how do I use up all these apples challenge. The crop of apples is huge - wish I knew how to make cider!

You can find instructions on the internet. I looked for myself last week, but it looked too time-consuming and fiddley for me.  I cook a lot up in the preserving pan and freeze in batches to make pies and crumbles later. I make mixed fruit jam with them as well, using up extra berries from the garden. It's the raspberries I'm  struggling with, I've tubs of them in the freezer. It looks like jars of apple and raspberry jam in the families hampers at christmas😁

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Funny old World. Went to Specsavers yesterday for an eyetest and had a McDonalds in town for lunch. That's our toaster. Have you got the matching kettle?😁

No, it's definitely our toaster. I know I said money is tight but I haven't nicked yours 😃

This is definitely our kettle as well!

IMG_1172.JPG

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Same here but I hate waste. I've just finished bottling the first batch  of pears over the weekend. I love this time of year.

Avril

43 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Have you been on the pier yet ? I remember being given a 10 bob note from my parents that had to last a week, and trying not to spend it all in the pier on  the first two days.

Remember this sort of money waster on Walton Pier?

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

You can find instructions on the internet. I looked for myself last week, but it looked too time-consuming and fiddley for me.  I cook a lot up in the preserving pan and freeze in batches to make pies and crumbles later. I make mixed fruit jam with them as well, using up extra berries from the garden. It's the raspberries I'm  struggling with, I've tubs of them in the freezer. It looks like jars of apple and raspberry jam in the families hampers at christmas😁

Avril

Yep, the house has been like an apple processing plant with batches of stewed apples for cake and muffin making in the freezer, chutney, apple crisps etc etc.

Raspberry jam is my favourite but you can only eat and give away so many jars. Have your tried making raspberry sorbet? Or add extras to your rumtoft if you make it.

50 minutes ago, kalos said:

Looks like you two need a new hobby :classic_smile: Maybe buy "The Big Book Of Cider Making " :classic_wink:

Should you take up the challenge and you drink it,please don't panic should you sleep for 24hrs ! :classic_unsure:

I might just have a go, nothing much else to do at the moment.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes, it's the Frinton side of the pier. 

Nothing much has changed in 40 odd years, I'm sure it's the same dodgems on the pier with the same bloke with tattoos and no teeth shouting 'scream if you wanna go faster'... 

Andy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Do you make passata with the tomatoes? 

Yes the freezers are groaning which is quite satisfying. It’s nice to eat your own produce.

• Like 1