P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Unfortunately according to Sky news many are not being sensible looking at Snowdonia, Richmond Park and Bournemouth so like everything in life the minority ruin it for the majority'

Yes - we live in North Wales and the numbers of people coming in to our area have been ridiculous.  Local people are furious  - up until this weekend our local health authority had only got 7 confirmed cases.  That has now doubled overnight to 15!!!!!!!!   Why do people have to be so selfish!!!!  What they don't realise is that our health authority covers a massive area and apparently only has 11 ITU beds and 4 ventilators!!!!!!  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've just had the sad news that my 48 year old nephew died at 7 o'clock tonight from cancer. I'm not posting for sympathy, but to say that our nurses are incredible people, and have enough to do without having to have their workload increased by idiots who think they're invincible,  running around spreading this virus. Whew that feels better.

Avril 

So sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

Went to my local Morrisons this morning to do a small shop (the one on Fezzie Park for the Stokies) for ourselves and a 92 year old neighbour who is now terrified of going outside because the government have told her to stay indoors and her generation always do as they are told! Anyway after getting most of what we wanted and arriving at the checkout I split the purchases so I could get her a separate receipt (she likes to check things off). The cashier saw this and said that it has all got to go through as one sale and they were not allowed to separate them anymore. OK I thought not a problem.........until she started to say that I couldn't have this and couldn't have that because putting the two shops together had put me over some of the allowance. The fact that we are being told to look after people who can't get out and then you are hindered by the likes of certain supermarkets really baffles me. I know that they are trying to stop panic buying and stockpiling but this was a small shop for the basics. It really annoyed me and have you noticed that the prices are starting to creep up? Right I feel better now, rant over!!  😡

• Like 4

It's been  a nice warm day in Barnsley. A sign of spring. We've  kept ourselves busy in the garden today. I finally got round to pruning the summer raspberries. Frank's been sorting out the greenhouse a clearing up the mess I've been making.😊 Then we sat near the pond with a coffee watching the frogs. Life continues. The garden loungers we ordered finally arrived today so now we're all set for our summer staycation. Might get to try them out out tomorrow if the forecast is right. I know what you're thinking,  but they could get it right one day you know. 😊

Avril 

• Like 4

Home schooling our 9 year old son, day 1 completed, Maths, English and Science, more or less 2.5 hours spread out with plenty of breaks for both of us. Just 20 minutes reading to be completed this evening. Full credit to our local school for the well structured packs they've sent out along with plenty of resource tips and online updates. I know we're going to have productive days and some difficult ones so we're trying to be flexible with it all and most of all not make it too much of a chore (especially for him but also us as well).

We've had a lovely sunny Spring day so hoping for more of the same tomorrow allowing us some garden time as the afternoon lesson is PE!

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

This is coming pretty soon to the UK I'm afraid.Keep well everyone,Brian.

We are doing our best Brian by staying in and only having a walk around our garden 

on this nice sunny day . I do feel sorry for people without a garden but they do need to

stay away from other people. I keep amusing myself by digging up a few old jokes and 

posting them to lift peoples spirits. I hoped you liked the Saints and Hammers  one. 😉

(I've put the smile link below)  Keep smiling Brian ,once this is over ,one day we could 

make a film about you living in Italy  ..We could call it  The Life Of Brian ☺️....

Hold on that's been done 😑 Looks like you will have to change your name !

Keep safe Brian and everyone else !😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

We are doing our best Brian by staying in and only having a walk around our garden 

on this nice sunny day . I do feel sorry for people without a garden but they do need to

stay away from other people. I keep amusing myself by digging up a few old jokes and 

posting them to lift peoples spirits. I hoped you liked the Saints and Hammers  one. 😉

(I've put the smile link below)  Keep smiling Brian ,once this is over ,one day we could 

make a film about you living in Italy  ..We could call it  The Life Of Brian ☺️....

Haha  kalos, you make me smile 😊    how about a you tube video?..

21 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Went to my local Morrisons this morning to do a small shop (the one on Fezzie Park for the Stokies) for ourselves and a 92 year old neighbour who is now terrified of going outside because the government have told her to stay indoors and her generation always do as they are told! Anyway after getting most of what we wanted and arriving at the checkout I split the purchases so I could get her a separate receipt (she likes to check things off). The cashier saw this and said that it has all got to go through as one sale and they were not allowed to separate them anymore. OK I thought not a problem.........until she started to say that I couldn't have this and couldn't have that because putting the two shops together had put me over some of the allowance. The fact that we are being told to look after people who can't get out and then you are hindered by the likes of certain supermarkets really baffles me. I know that they are trying to stop panic buying and stockpiling but this was a small shop for the basics. It really annoyed me and have you noticed that the prices are starting to creep up? Right I feel better now, rant over!!  😡

I can understand why you would be annoyed when you are just trying to help someone else out. Unfortunately for every good citizen like you there will be those who are trying to dodge the system.

A good rant is always therapeutic 😀

Cant say I have noticed any price increases as yet. I’m sure the government would crack down  become obvious profiteering.

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well we have just had the latest briefing from the FM and that is all non essential shops now ordered to close up here, that should stop a lot of footfall almost immediately.

We just had a walk to stretch our legs and noticed the pub landlord is working in the local shop. Guess some people are having to make a living the best way they can.  Thank goodness for all our food industry  workers!,

14 minutes ago, dronnygirl said:

Haha  kalos, you make me smile 😊    how about a you tube video?..

These guys make me smile .They are the stars in my eyes everyone of them in the UK and other countries.

Lets help them by keeping safe  and doing what they do ..Which is SMILE ☺️☺️

• Like 4

My son is working from home and the dining room has been turned into his office, now it looks like my husband will be working from home on alternate weeks too. They are both required to take phone calls and skype meetings during the day and sharing space would be difficult so we decided my husband would work in my sewing/dressing/ironing room. I've spent today clearing up, getting my mess out of the way and making it nice for him. I move all my sewing bits and pieces, put his model aeroplanes on display on my sewing desk shelves etc. Thought I'd done a really nice job and then snapped a wheel and a bomb off of a Spitfire 😵 I am not going to be popular!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

I know exactly the Morrison’s you mean Rupert and completely agree with your sentiments. No-one should ever be penalised for doing the right thing but some as usual, the minority are preventing the majority from doing what is right. 

My day has been spent decorating which is something I am going to get used to over the next few weeks. They say practice makes perfect but I am perhaps the exception. Anyway, the dog is reminding me it is walkies time, maybe something we will soon not be able to do for much longer thanks to those people who don’t understand what 2 metres is.

• Like 1

In our local pharmacy on Saturday morning to pick up prescriptions for my wife and I and they were selling Paracetamol  for £3 for 32 which is a total rip off and surprised a pharmacy would benefit like that with profiteering.

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Well done for being a good neighbour. Is there any reason why you could not just go back into the shop and buy the "confiscated" items again ? As long as you don't go to the same check out, no one  would know.

48 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

In our local pharmacy on Saturday morning to pick up prescriptions for my wife and I and they were selling Paracetamol  for £3 for 32 which is a total rip off and surprised a pharmacy would benefit like that with profiteering.

Know exactly what you mean, my mum who is 90 asked if her pharmacy had hand sanitiser- they had at £10 for a small bottle usually £1  !!

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well done for being a good neighbour. Is there any reason why you could not just go back into the shop and buy the "confiscated" items again ? As long as you don't go to the same check out, no one  would know.

Lol went to Tesco instead! I doubt whether the items would have been put back on the shelves in time. She had a skip at the side with all of the confiscated items from other people, they are not going to be very popular with customers!

19 minutes ago, dronnygirl said:

Know exactly what you mean, my mum who is 90 asked if her pharmacy had hand sanitiser- they had at £10 for a small bottle usually £1  !!

Report them. The government has set up a task force to deal with profiteering, via the CMA.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dronnygirl said:

Disgraceful.

Popped out to Aldi this am.  Noticed a lady putting her trolley back had a bottle of hand sanitiser in it, good idea I thought.  Got her trolley from the coral, she'd left her hand sanitiser in the trolley.  I returned it to her.

We should all be helping each other, not behaving like WW2 war profiteering spivs.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, kalos said:

LOL,no.being the Messiah sounds alluring.I'll work on it.My 1st miracle would be West Ham winning the treble,then I'll save the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

LOL,no.being the Messiah sounds alluring.I'll work on it.My 1st miracle would be West Ham winning the treble,then I'll save the world.

I would start with saving the world, more likely than West Ham winning anything😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm working from home here on the outskirts of Portsmouth and from my window can see the M27. Normally at this time of day it would be solid with traffic heading into Portsmouth and on towards Southampton, but today its just like a Sunday morning.

If I look from my other window I can see Portsdown Hill with great views over towards Southampton, its a great spot to sit in the evening and watch cruise ships as they pass through the Solent, but before that is the Queen Alexandra hospital and seeing that really brings things into perspective.

Stay safe everyone...