Azamara Cruisers - How are things where YOU are

Grandma Cruising

6 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Happy spring, or as we call it in Vermont - mud season!!

2D7F332C-E5A2-4DE5-9315-1A268A689D7F.jpeg

E0DFB160-3573-44F6-9683-4083F0CD412D.jpeg

1B770F08-394C-4939-A4A5-3B16D13DB566.jpeg

E715627E-88B0-473C-B9BA-D32EFA5DDC62.jpeg

i don’t know about Vermont but here there are some guys who, as soon as they see this, would be thinking “Mud Bog Racing”!

They would gather with their finely tuned and modified snowmobiles, create a start line, and see whose machines can get furthest up the track before forward momentum ceases.

As in any good Motorsport competition there are different divisions for ages, genders, and engine displacements.

I am not certain if maple syrup plays a significant role in this activity.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nordski said:

i don’t know about Vermont but here there are some guys who, as soon as they see this, would be thinking “Mud Bog Racing”!

They would gather with their finely tuned and modified snowmobiles, create a start line, and see whose machines can get furthest up the track before forward momentum ceases.

As in any good Motorsport competition there are different divisions for ages, genders, and engine displacements.

I am not certain if maple syrup plays a significant role in this activity.

Never heard of mud bog racing! Will have to investigate!

11 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Never heard of mud bog racing! Will have to investigate!

When Joseph-Armand Bombardier invented the first snowmobile (auto-neige) in Québec, I doubt if he envisaged this activity.

Perhaps we should stick to his initial dream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nordski said:

When Joseph-Armand Bombardier invented the first snowmobile (auto-neige) in Québec, I doubt if he envisaged this activity.

Perhaps we should stick to his initial dream.

In Quebec, we say motoneige! Yes we should stick to his initial dream and also I never heard of mud bug racing here 😉

41 minutes ago, sovilav01 said:

In Quebec, we say motoneige! Yes we should stick to his initial dream and also I never heard of mud bug racing here 😉

Thanks for the correction.

Motoneige it will be!

Perhaps it is best to draw a curtain over the whole mud bog racing idea. I think it is less popular than say 20 years ago.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We are now in the midst of a minor snow storm today and several weeks of a cold snap. And I just removed the winter tires. This has to be one of the coldest Aprils in our memory. Very disappointing.

Feel sorry for the songbirds, Canada Geese, and the human Snowbirds who returned to this area before the weather has improved. Well, not too sorry for the Snowbirds.

And it is hard to not be envious of Mackdogmolly’s Vermont which received attention in several stories in the New York Times.

Apparently, Burlington is a hub for research into battery-powered aircraft. Early days yet, and the technology is focussed on creating small, cargo planes.
Will any of this work help to create quieter and lower—emission overseas  flights for our cruises?

So Burlington has swing dance clubs, maple syrup production, access to Lake Champlain, and now high tech interests.

If Vermont’s weather is warmer, and the winter tires no longer needed, I shall be a very grouchy old man indeed.

Edited by nordski

And here is the result of last night’s storm. This is highly unusual for this time in April.

Perhaps a few photos from some English gardens would help to lighten the mood here.

I assume that the early flowers have begun to bloom.

A53D13D3-9C86-496E-AE17-38D2E1814750.jpeg

B91CEC20-3601-4D5D-A87E-95A54D386A43.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nordski said:

And here is the result of last night’s storm. This is highly unusual for this time in April.

Perhaps a few photos from some English gardens would help to lighten the mood here.

A53D13D3-9C86-496E-AE17-38D2E1814750.jpeg

B91CEC20-3601-4D5D-A87E-95A54D386A43.jpeg

Same in Montreal, a real snowstorm with wind, awful, can’t wait to board the Onward on May 2nd!

2 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Oh please! I'm one of those snowbirds heading north to Ontario. Fingers crossed that the snow is gone by next week!

The forecast is for decidedly warmer weather and, of course, Toronto will be better than here.

You are obviously wiser than our neighbouring Snowbirds. I met one this morning walking his dog and he seemed considerably put out by these circumstances. Since we were here all winter I was quite sympathetic 😉.

1 hour ago, sovilav01 said:

Same in Montreal, a real snowstorm with wind, awful, can’t wait to board the Onward on May 2nd!

Maybe a cruise reservation might lighten my mood.

Have a great cruise on the new addition to the fleet.

I hope you have time to post your impressions.

Are you flying Air Canada?

55 minutes ago, nordski said:

The forecast is for decidedly warmer weather and, of course, Toronto will be better than here.

You are obviously wiser than our neighbouring Snowbirds. I met one this morning walking his dog and he seemed considerably put out by these circumstances. Since we were here all winter I was quite sympathetic 😉.

We're used to the weather being lousy when we arrive back in April, but obviously would like to avoid bad weather on the road. We've driven through dense fog, sleet, high winds and, yes, snow, but  always hope for a sunny ride.

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

We're used to the weather being lousy when we arrive back in April, but obviously would like to avoid bad weather on the road. We've driven through dense fog, sleet, high winds and, yes, snow, but  always hope for a sunny ride.

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Have a safe trip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nordski said:

Maybe a cruise reservation might lighten my mood.

Have a great cruise on the new addition to the fleet.

I hope you have time to post your impressions.

Are you flying Air Canada?

No, Choice Air put me on Lufthansa 

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2022 at 1:03 PM, nordski said:

Anything to oblige - here’s a photo of our tree peony that has just come into bloom 

A95F5899-5476-4A08-B68A-A5BE35A71714.thumb.jpeg.7f0825365cc5503e8002805a9a804d63.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Anything to oblige - here’s a photo of our tree peony that has just come into bloom 

A95F5899-5476-4A08-B68A-A5BE35A71714.thumb.jpeg.7f0825365cc5503e8002805a9a804d63.jpeg

Thanks for posting, That lifts my spirits.

I have a friend who will likely be enjoying a long stay in and rambling tour of Shropshire.

I will assure him that spring has indeed arrived in England.

17 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥,♥

I love Peonies.

We grew them in Hobart, Tasmania, but not on the south coast of NSW where we are now.

• Like 1