New policy regarding FCC and new bookings

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol nice to see it in writing as from what I've read, I already rebooked but my april 26th not yet cancelled so of course not in receipt of new fcc.

I thought was already the case as others have said they were rebooking too.

What’s new is that you can create a new booking and instead of the deposit being due immediately the deposit is not due until May 31 or when you apply the FCC then any remaining monies must be paid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oh, i already paid the deposit, I'm hoping for a partial refund of some of my deposit 

To use up the entire fcc, I'm hoping to get.

You will get a refund on some or all of your deposit depending on your FCC amount vs the total cost of the newly booked cruise. 

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will get a refund on some or all of your deposit depending on your FCC amount vs the total cost of the newly booked cruise. 

SWEET!!!

Tbh I was ok with booking more cruises, just hesitant because of several things. I turn 70 in sept and I want the letter requirement gone. 

But I'm all for booking more cruises once things get up and running. 

If I had to apply the fcc to 2 bookings I would be good with that too, just hoping the doctors letter ksnt required. I'm not sick in any way nor do I have underlying conditions. Grrr on doctors letter, so not rushing to book too fast.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

Could anyone help explain my options? 

I'm based in the UK and booked direct with RCL for Rhapsody 23 May. I paid a £300 non refundable deposit. The final payment (£700) is due on 27th March.

I want to cancel but assumed Royal would do so by now, clearly they are hanging on as long as they can.

Under the current policy if I call up and ask to cancel will I get my £300 deposit back as FCC? 

2 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

Could anyone help explain my options? 

I'm based in the UK and booked direct with RCL for Rhapsody 23 May. I paid a £300 non refundable deposit. The final payment (£700) is due on 27th March.

I want to cancel but assumed Royal would do so by now, clearly they are hanging on as long as they can.

Under the current policy if I call up and ask to cancel will I get my £300 deposit back as FCC? 

How I understand it is...you’re 63 days from sailing right now. If it’s a five night or longer cruise and you cancel today, normally you’d get 50% back on credit card and lose the other 50%. With the new policy, I would think it would be 50% back on card and 50% cruise credit. What RCCL offered for those sailings that THEY cancelled was to offer a choice of 100% money back or a 125% FCC.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

With this new announcement “FCC extended through May 31, 2020” do you think it’s the start of canceling cruises through May 31, 2020?

They need to allow processing time, so I do not think the two dates will coincide.

39 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

With this new announcement “FCC extended through May 31, 2020” do you think it’s the start of canceling cruises through May 31, 2020?

Right now the two are unrelated.  This is just to allow people to book a cruise to replace the one that was cancelled without having to put down a deposit.  They did this as the FCC’s are going to take up to a month to be issued.  If this  was an indication that cruises were to be cancelled until May 31 then this offer would allow for no deposits until June 30. 

41 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

How I understand it is...you’re 63 days from sailing right now. If it’s a five night or longer cruise and you cancel today, normally you’d get 50% back on credit card and lose the other 50%. With the new policy, I would think it would be 50% back on card and 50% cruise credit. What RCCL offered for those sailings that THEY cancelled was to offer a choice of 100% money back or a 125% FCC.

UK Rules, even under this policy, are usually different from those in North America.  I would suggest that Mark_UK contact RCI in the UK to confirm.

• Like 1

Thank you for creating this thread Sarah. I am glad they finally learned how to inform people in short and make-sense form. Its still unclear how they will rebook the current reservations. I assume they will send you a notification or something, or maybe even give you a call and make some kind an offer. Basicly its just a replacement of one cruise by another. Not sure that everyone will be happy with it. I might be wrong.. 

Just to confirm my understanding, this means we can rebook a cruise that was cancelled on us right now and not pay any deposit until May 31, 2020 - is that correct?  Does anyone know what the refundable deposit is?  With everything that is going on in the world, I'm leaning to book refundable deposit to I can cancel and get money back rather than FCC.  Can I use my FCC to pay for the deposit too?  Thanks all and keep safe.

8 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Thank you for creating this thread Sarah. I am glad they finally learned how to inform people in short and make-sense form. Its still unclear how they will rebook the current reservations. I assume they will send you a notification or something, or maybe even give you a call and make some kind an offer. Basicly its just a replacement of one cruise by another. Not sure that everyone will be happy with it. I might be wrong.. 

They are not doing any rebooking.  It is up to the individual to find a new cruise.  All they are doing is allowing you to put a hold on a cruise without a deposit until your FCC comes in.  Also this only applies if you use a travel agent. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

32 minutes ago, comet11 said:

So if I wanted to book a June 2020 cruise would I need to put any money down now? Hoping for my fcc sometime in the next two weeks?

No, the way I read this your deposit will not be due until May 31st, but as Ourusualbeach said you must book with a TA.

Edited by stevea36

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

SWEET!!!

Tbh I was ok with booking more cruises, just hesitant because of several things. I turn 70 in sept and I want the letter requirement gone. 

But I'm all for booking more cruises once things get up and running. 

If I had to apply the fcc to 2 bookings I would be good with that too, just hoping the doctors letter ksnt required. I'm not sick in any way nor do I have underlying conditions. Grrr on doctors letter, so not rushing to book too fast.

Lucky you are only turning 70.  I will be turning 82 and have multiple conditions and doubt I could get any of my doctors to do the letter.  That is main reason I took full refund when they cancelled my April cruise.  I still have a June cruise booked in Europe and can't imagine it will sail.  I am playing the waiting game.

20 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Lucky you are only turning 70.  I will be turning 82 and have multiple conditions and doubt I could get any of my doctors to do the letter.  That is main reason I took full refund when they cancelled my April cruise.  I still have a June cruise booked in Europe and can't imagine it will sail.  I am playing the waiting game.

Please please please remove the required doctors note as soon as they can. I dont have any doctors who know me well enough to sign without a complete blood work up and it needs to be signed within a week of the cruise? ... at least make it within a month, it's just too much and would be a big issue for me too. 

Good luck to you on your June cruise. I bet its cancelled, you are right.

Edited by firefly333

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you are booking through a travel agent..no

if you are booking direct with Royal..yes 

So I just called my TA.  They called Royal and were informed I need to wait for my FCC to be posted until I can “hold” a future cruise.  Anybody else told this?  Doesn’t make sense to me if I need my fcc available to hold a cruise. 

6 minutes ago, comet11 said:

So I just called my TA.  They called Royal and were informed I need to wait for my FCC to be posted until I can “hold” a future cruise.  Anybody else told this?  Doesn’t make sense to me if I need my fcc available to hold a cruise. 

That’s not how it reads to me.  Hate to say this but I’m sure if your TA calls back they will get a different answer.