Cruise Critic Community
SarahD112

New policy regarding FCC and new bookings

Your travel agent does not need to call Royal to do this. Your travel agent can do the booking online directly, and the date that the deposit is due to be paid by is reflected as the May 31st date. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, comet11 said:

So I just called my TA.  They called Royal and were informed I need to wait for my FCC to be posted until I can “hold” a future cruise.  Anybody else told this?  Doesn’t make sense to me if I need my fcc available to hold a cruise. 

Mine put a 24 hold on a new booking Thursday, and was able to call Friday and it extend it to Monday (they said they’d expedite FCC in five days since we were trying to rebook a new cruise when we cancelled original). And then she sent the policy I started the thread with, so she’s planning to call on Monday to make sure the booking goes through without the deposit, waiting for the FCC. 

Edited by SarahD112

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

Mine put a 24 hold on a new booking Thursday, and was able to call Friday and it extend it to Monday (they said they’d expedite FCC in five days since we were trying to rebook a new cruise when we cancelled original). And then she sent the policy I started the thread with, so she’s planning to call on Monday to make sure the booking goes through without the deposit, waiting for the FCC. 

If a TA did the booking there is no need to call and extend. It is automatically set now to May 31.  The system will not reflect this however no bookings without a deposit will be cancelled until May 31. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If a TA did the booking there is no need to call and extend. It is automatically set now to May 31.  The system will not reflect this however no bookings without a deposit will be cancelled until May 31. 

But she’s awesome and always double checks. 😊

I have two upcoming cruises on the 18th and 25th of April and have not heard anything about these being canceled. I believe RC is just waiting to the very last minute to do so. I just want to make sure that I do not get penalized because I canceled.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, loreleild said:

I have two upcoming cruises on the 18th and 25th of April and have not heard anything about these being canceled. I believe RC is just waiting to the very last minute to do so. I just want to make sure that I do not get penalized because I canceled.

If you cancelled you will receive the 100% FCC under the cruise with confidence policy.  

If Royal cancels those cruises you will still get the 100% FCC.  You will not be entitled to anything additional because you voluntarily cancelled. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

10 minutes ago, loreleild said:

I just want to make sure that I do not get penalized because I canceled.

Depending on your definition of "penalty", you can cancel now without one. The only thing that will change in the next couple of weeks is the option to get a full refund, when RCI gets around to cancelling those sailings.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Depending on your definition of "penalty", you can cancel now without one. The only thing that will change in the next couple of weeks is the option to get a full refund, when RCI gets around to cancelling those sailings.

Maybe I misread her post but it appears that she has already cancelled. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you cancelled you will receive the 100% FCC under the cruise with confidence policy.  

What happened to the 125% FCC?

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I read her post as she has already cancelled

I guess I didn't.

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I read her post as she has already cancelled

I have not canceled anything as of yet. I was waiting for RC to do the canceling. What is bad at the moment is that I've got over $5,000 tied up in cruises. My March 23rd out of Dubai was canceled.

1 minute ago, loreleild said:

I have not canceled anything as of yet. I was waiting for RC to do the canceling. What is bad at the moment is that I've got over $5,000 tied up in cruises. My March 23rd out of Dubai was canceled.

Sorry, I took this as meaning that you had already cancelled.

“I just want to make sure that I do not get penalized because I canceled.”

12 minutes ago, loreleild said:

What is bad at the moment is that I've got over $5,000 tied up in cruises.

RCI would like to hold on to that as long as possible before giving back to you.

I booked a cruise Through my TA to replace my March 7th canceled cruise.  I have yet to receive my FCC email but I was not required to make a deposit until May 31st.