PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

2 hours ago, Lindaru said:

Fire works displays were cancelled in our public health district here, so we bought some when the stands opened and did our own display in our driveway with the safe and sane ones, a medium display Friday night, a large display Saturday night and a small display Sunday night.

We received some sad news.  Our family was being hit hard with cancer deaths (one in May 2018, one in December 2019 and one in June 2020) but now we have lost our first family member to COVID yesterday.

Keep safe and strong everyone.

Terribly sorry!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lindaru said:

We received some sad news.  Our family was being hit hard with cancer deaths (one in May 2018, one in December 2019 and one in June 2020) but now we have lost our first family member to COVID yesterday.

Keep safe and strong everyone.

I’m sorry for your loss that’s terrible! I know myself and all you’re Cruise Critic friends wish you the best!!! Be Safe and Stay Strong.

Tony

• Like 1

Thank you all . . . I truly appreciate it and give you all a safe virtual hug.

The thing that makes this all so weird for me is that I check daily the coronavirus Idaho site.  It lists the total cases, number of cases in the previous day and the number of deaths.  We had been holding at 93 for several days but when I saw it jump to 94, I knew that was Bob, the only death recorded in that period of one day.

So often the people we love get "mixed into the statistics" along with others.  Each and every one of those numbers was a special unique person in the lives of many others.  I may not know who all of the ones that went before him were, but I send virtual hugs of comfort to all of those that were left behind to deal with that hole in their hearts.

Friends . . . it is my hope that none of us has to lose any more, that we will be able to turn this all around and eventually stamp it all out.

Stay safe, be strong and hold dear all that you have right now.

One Death 7-5-20.jpg

• Like 2

Masked up and went to the Wednesday morning Farmer's Market. Chico has a larger one downtown on Saturdays and (normally) a big one in the middle of downtown on Thursday evenings where they close off several streets. The Wednesday one is fairly near to my home and, while it's smaller, it had what I needed. I got a large bag full of tomatoes, a giant yellow onion, and a couple of bell peppers. (I forgot to look for cilantro. D'Oh!) I came home and hand cut all the tomatoes. I chopped the onion and the bell peppers and ran them briefly through the food processor and dumped them in with the tomatoes. I picked a big bowl of fresh Fresno chilies, seeded them, and put part of them trough the food processor and added them to the mix. Now I have to go to the store for cilantro. Sigh... I have the largest Tupperware bowl entirely full of salsa in the making. When I finally get done messing with it I'll take part of it out and add the rest of the Fresno chilies so I have some that is killer hot. If you aren't familiar with Fresno chilies think of a very hot Jalapeno but with a thin wall and a more "fresh" taste. I don't like buying chilies at the grocery store as sometimes a Jalapeno from the store is more like a vaguely warm bell pepper. The Fresno chilies I have this year are really quite hot. I'll let the mix sit for a while to see how it is with the peppers I already added. If it's not hot enough for "normal" people I'll add some more. I don't want it too hot for my wife. I will definitely take at least half of the mix out for her at one point and then add more chilies so I have some that is good and hot. Ahhh... Fresh salsa. We will eat it as a meal (with chips of course) and it will last a couple of days. Have to be careful though. It can be hot going in and also coming out and, if you eat a large amount of fresh salsa as a meal a few times it will definitely keep you from being "bound up" in any way. 😜

• Like 1

Hi All, 

So sad to see covid-19 numbers rising in other parts of the world, while we had a hard lock down, the government has had to spend big to save jobs,  with more billion pound spending announced today, however we should be covid-19 free within a few weeks all being well,

Shogun!  So nice to see you posting - hope that the efforts there are successful.   
Hot hot here today (though nothing like Thrak has been seeing) with about another week of this in sight, but at least it should cool to the high 60’s later tonight so we’re grateful.  Have kept busy filling the large dumpster rented for the past 2 weeks as we clear decades of yard and house debris.  Boy do we miss heading out for a cold beer and hot burger at our favorite (air conditioned) brewpub right now, but will just have to settle for running through the sprinklers and ice water.  Today we had to go to the bank and while masks were required - with free ones available at the entrance -I realized I was standing at the counter next to a proudly maskless couple.  After 3 cancers and caring for my 100 y/o mom at home I do feel threatened by that attitude, so it’s best for me to avoid interacting with most people at this point.  Grrrrrrr.

• Like 1

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

It was hot & sticky today in Boston. I’m still out on the Rowboat and it’s great in Boston harbor tonight. Luckily no rain all day today. 😁 BTW Thrak now I know why all the girls call you HOT STUFF 😳😁.

The Captain of The Rowboat,
Tony

077015E4-DC79-4035-A5DE-EF3CC6161A5F.jpeg

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

Have to be careful though. It can be hot going in and also coming out and, if you eat a large amount of fresh salsa as a meal a few times it will definitely keep you from being "bound up" in any way. 😜

I am wondering if you have fire extinguishers installed above your toilet paper in your bathrooms?

🤣

Ridley Scott is doing a "Day In The Life 2020" documentary and You Tube has invited me to participate in it.  They want you to film your day on July 25th and submit it.

Thinking seriously about it.

While my days are nothing Earth shattering or exciting, they might be a bit unique.  Will give it some thought!

• Like 1

Hello from southern Oregon! 
We left our son in his new hometown in NW Montana on the 5th. We stayed in pretty rural campgrounds in WA and OR the past four nights, and it was nice to be without internet or TV, getting a nice break from the news of the world. 
Lots of trees, lakes, waterfalls, cool temperatures, etc. 

We had thought about heading home through Thrak’s area, but it looks like we’ll be staying west of him after all. 

There’s a new RV in Sacramento we want to look at. Our 20 year-old rig that we bought very used 15 years ago has served us well. We’ve taken it and the kids to 49 states, most multiple times, and to over 100 NPS sites. However, with cruising not even on the horizon for us, we are seriously considering buying “THE” retirement RV now and being on the road nearly full-time. It’s awesome for social distancing, and for seeing when more of our beautiful country. 

Take care, folks! 

Hi, MamaFej - Welcome to southern Oregon!  Hope you are enjoying our wonderful scenery and weather.  Thank you for sharing your gorgeous Montana pictures.  We just learned yesterday that our April 2021 Sydney to Seattle cruise has been cancelled so we are pretty bummed about that.  We had planned a similar trip for this April but, of course, that one got canceled along with all the others.  Guess we'll make it to the South Pacific one of these years! Hope the rest of your trip home goes well.  

• Thanks 1

Today I discovered a new way for jerks to impact my life. I purchase Loperamide at Costco. It's an anti-diarrhea medication sold over the counter and I always take it with me when I travel. It seems that the drug community has discovered that you can blend up 100 or so of these in a shake and drink it to get a high similar to Methadone (or at least that's what is reported). Consequently, the freaking idiotic government has decided that all of the regular folks have to be restricted as to access to this product. I "think" you can still get it at Costco by asking the pharmacist but, of course, there will be limits on how much one can purchase. GAH!!!  I'm really tired of having my life restricted because of the druggies. Of course that doesn't stop our local city council from sanctioning a free needle give away program. There is no sense or logic anymore. Millions of people rely on low cost Loperamide - which is pretty much the same as the high priced Imodium only without an added ingredient. For most folks it is every bit as effective as the spendy stuff and has been used for years as a low cost solution for traveler's diarrhea as well as the occasional issue at home. Leave it to the druggies and the freaking government to screw things up for millions of regular (pun not intended) folks.

Kirkland Signature Anti-Diarrheal Loperamide Hydrochloride 2 mg 400 Caplets  (2 x 200 ct) SALE!: Health & Wellness

41 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Today I discovered a new way for jerks to impact my life. I purchase Loperamide at Costco. It's an anti-diarrhea medication sold over the counter and I always take it with me when I travel. It seems that the drug community has discovered that you can blend up 100 or so of these in a shake and drink it to get a high similar to Methadone (or at least that's what is reported). Consequently, the freaking idiotic government has decided that all of the regular folks have to be restricted as to access to this product. I "think" you can still get it at Costco by asking the pharmacist but, of course, there will be limits on how much one can purchase. GAH!!!  I'm really tired of having my life restricted because of the druggies. Of course that doesn't stop our local city council from sanctioning a free needle give away program. There is no sense or logic anymore. Millions of people rely on low cost Loperamide - which is pretty much the same as the high priced Imodium only without an added ingredient. For most folks it is every bit as effective as the spendy stuff and has been used for years as a low cost solution for traveler's diarrhea as well as the occasional issue at home. Leave it to the druggies and the freaking government to screw things up for millions of regular (pun not intended) folks.

Kirkland Signature Anti-Diarrheal Loperamide Hydrochloride 2 mg 400 Caplets  (2 x 200 ct) SALE!: Health & Wellness

Here in Oregon Costco limits you to one pack per person

2 hours ago, rogueriver said:

Hi, MamaFej - Welcome to southern Oregon!  Hope you are enjoying our wonderful scenery and weather.  Thank you for sharing your gorgeous Montana pictures.  We just learned yesterday that our April 2021 Sydney to Seattle cruise has been cancelled so we are pretty bummed about that.  We had planned a similar trip for this April but, of course, that one got canceled along with all the others.  Guess we'll make it to the South Pacific one of these years! Hope the rest of your trip home goes well.  

We followed the Rogue River for quite a while today as we took the 62 down to the I-5. It was gorgeous! 
We’d spent two nights near Diamond Lake, visiting both the Umpqua NF and Crater Lake. You sure do have some lovely waterfalls in your area! 

EAD67666-FF4F-456F-9863-AD5E03621926.jpeg

BD29E824-5E79-4BEB-892B-F75AB3F715DB.jpeg

B42682CE-7315-47FB-9AC3-5232C5B2B6CF.jpeg

097A2662-C46D-4908-B3D4-AB8E278B8A38.jpeg

6AF1CD4E-E38A-40C1-8877-C76A7A9FAF71.jpeg

• Like 2

Ahhh... MamaFej you're killing me. I would sooooo love to be camping there. We're hoping for another short (maybe 6 nights or so) camping trip up to visit our son and his wife and our second youngest granddaughter. (I can't believe we also have a great grandchild now.) Your pictures are awesome and "almost" like getting away. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Ahhh... MamaFej you're killing me. I would sooooo love to be camping there. We're hoping for another short (maybe 6 nights or so) camping trip up to visit our son and his wife and our second youngest granddaughter. (I can't believe we also have a great grandchild now.) Your pictures are awesome and "almost" like getting away. 

We are back in CA now... and it’s HOT here in Corning. We have to be home for the 13th-16th, then we will do a short SoCal trip before my orthodontist appointment on the 23rd, then we will run away from home again until I have to go back. 

Pro tip: don’t get braces in your 50s. 

27 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

We are back in CA now... and it’s HOT here in Corning. We have to be home for the 13th-16th, then we will do a short SoCal trip before my orthodontist appointment on the 23rd, then we will run away from home again until I have to go back. 

Pro tip: don’t get braces in your 50s. 

You are in Corning. We are in Chico. Yep, it's hot. Glad we have air conditioning and I don't have an outdoors job. (Actually I'm glad that I don't have any job at all. 😎) Just be glad we aren't in Arizona. It's being really hot there!

image.png.84e83c8847b42bc4ab3076894600b483.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

I "think" you can still get it at Costco by asking the pharmacist but, of course, there will be limits on how much one can purchase.

How much would one want?

I'd hate to 'enjoy' my entire cruise from the restroom.  😞

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

How much would one want?

I'd hate to 'enjoy' my entire cruise from the restroom.  😞

If you are a Crohns patient you need these daily to stay “normal”

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, memoak said:

If you are a Crohns patient you need these daily to stay “normal”

I agree one never knows what is going on with another! I have emphesyma, wearing a mask is torture for me  some days. I need to get out too, always keep my mask on unless no one in the isle with me. Let's cut each other a break! 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

I guess we will be doing lots more land cruising! We just bought that new motorhome I mentioned in post 145! Yay! They need some time for prep work. We will head back up to Sacramento in a few weeks to pick it up. 

I'm so excited!!!

• Like 2

Thanks so much, @LoriPhil! I am downright giddy! 
I’d rather be cruising to Asia and Australia in a few months, and Oz, NZ, the South Pacific, then to San Francisco via Hawaii next February through April like we had planned, but land cruising with the love of my life in our new RV will have to do. 

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends, The question is how is it were you are? HOT 🥵!!!  in Boston. It’s the reason I’m staying on the Rowboat. For days the weather people have said it was going to rain 🌧 it never happened not a drop. So it’s the Rowboat for me 

I have plenty of food and drinks 🍹 🥃 🥂 😁 and I don’t have to wear a mask. Life is good on The Rowboat.

The Captain of The Rowboat, 

Tony

B9057183-7997-4E3E-92A5-79914096D893.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 2