For those planning to cruise normally when things get better

megansdad1

40 minutes ago, mugtech said:

No one is required to eat in the buffet.

Very true,  but that doesn’t stop gastronomic bugs being spread around the ship, hence why hand washing should be compulsory leaving the buffet.

7 hours ago, kristinp36 said:

We have a re-positioning cruise scheduled for April 19 on the Joy. Los Angeles (closed) to Vancouver BC (closed). NCL is still selling this cruise.  Sorry but they are holding onto money for cruises that are not going to happen and it is putting a bad taste in my mouth.  Between the customer service and the price increases we will be taking the refund once they actually cancel the cruise. NCL is not our first choice anyways so we don't want the FCC. We would consider booking them in the future for the right itinerary and right price. 

Gosh I was feeling badly that NCL hadn't cancelled 5/17 out of Seattle, but not cancelling LA to Vancouver 4/19 is exceptionally bad! Mine could be a go with Seattle only closed indefinitely, and Canada could always change it's mind by 5/17 but certainly not 4/19. What about all those who need to cancel air? That's crazy- good luck to you and hope you hear soon.

16 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Gosh I was feeling badly that NCL hadn't cancelled 5/17 out of Seattle, but not cancelling LA to Vancouver 4/19 is exceptionally bad! Mine could be a go with Seattle only closed indefinitely, and Canada could always change it's mind by 5/17 but certainly not 4/19. What about all those who need to cancel air? That's crazy- good luck to you and hope you hear soon.

None of these companies cancel until the last minute as they want to keep all the money as long as they can.

I have flights to spain with car hire and hotels booked for April, it simply will not happen, the UK and Spain are on complete lockdown.

So far only one hotel has refunded (a small independant - and good on them), Accor Hotels, Sixt Car Hire and Ryanair have all said the will reassess 2 weeks before the trip. It's all about keeping money until the last minute.

What makes it worse:

Hotel - All hotels have been ordered to close in Spain.

Sixt - Have closed operation in Girona airport.

Flight - Ryanair have announced not flights until June.

Cashflow, it's that simple.

47 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Anything which is closed is closed "indefinitely", including the borders between Canada and the USA.  No cruises will be allowed to stop in Canada unless they are under 500 capacity and that may change as well. Unlikely Canada is going to change it's mind before May or even June, IMO. 

2 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Cashflow, it's that simple.

Completely agree. They are cash-shy at the moment. Sorry about all your reservations and hope not too much of a hassle when you cancel.

We also had a an Oceania 18 day Tahiti-Hawaii-SF cruise for April 14 cancelled by O on Mar 12. It's been a mess. I've been on hold 5 times for 4-6 hours each time with Qantas trying to get a voucher. They keep telling me, "no worries mate, check your reservation in an hour and credit will show". It never does. I'm ready to file for a loss with my insurance. Several Tahiti tour companies haven't refunded and I don't think they will- too small and hurting too much. None of this is the cruise lines fault, but since O is owned by NCL we won't see our refund either for 90 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Anything which is closed is closed "indefinitely", including the borders between Canada and the USA.  No cruises will be allowed to stop in Canada unless they are under 500 capacity and that may change as well. Unlikely Canada is going to change it's mind before May or even June, IMO. 

That's exactly what I said in my previous post- Seattle closed "indefinitely". Workers are hurting there too. If coronavirus situation changes as not to pose such an extreme danger to public health, not only could the port of Seattle open ,but Canada could also change it's mind about opening ports to large ships. Nothing is in the realm of the impossible right now.

During this whole epidemic, I have been looking into how various cruise lines have been responding and treating their customers.  I feel that NCL has done a very poor job.  Between the leaked emails encouraging rep to lie to customers. NCL saying that they will resume operations in April.  The way they are holding peoples money.  The way that they will not let you use the FCC towards things that your money originally went to.  

My question is this....  For those who plan to resume normal operations, will you seek other cruise lines.   I was very happy with just staying with NCL and exploring the many ships that they have.  No, I am feeling differently.  I will probably rebook to use my Cruise Next Certificates, but then go back to other lines. 

These are crazy times. I will stay loyal to NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1