I Didn’t Cancel My Cruise, Here’s My Review 3/21/20

This is the best thread !!!  Thank you Ukigirl for your humor and creativity.  You made me laugh  and really brightened up my day.  Also, your "waiter" is  very handsome!!!    My best wishes to you and the "waiter" for good health and happiness as we all get through this.   🙂

33 minutes ago, Rala said:

This is the best thread !!!  Thank you Ukigirl for your humor and creativity.  You made me laugh  and really brightened up my day.  Also, your "waiter" is  very handsome!!!    My best wishes to you and the "waiter" for good health and happiness as we all get through this.   🙂

Be real careful with that "waiter." Visiting them for, umm, adult recreation in their staterooms can lead to their termination, irresistible though they may be.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ukigirl said:

So Royal is producing their own wine and we paid big money to help out behind the scenes with the bottling process, they are currently taking suggestions for naming the Chardonnay, winner gets a key chain!!

EFB84FA1-A432-4EC6-A913-323FFF233510.jpeg

Let's name it "NO SHIP FOR YOU! Chardonnay"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, drsel said:

"joie de vivre" would be the best and most appropriate name for your Chardonnay

everyone is coming up with such positive names.  My mind immediately went to “corona-vin”. Or “CoVin-2020”

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Alter Ego said:

everyone is coming up with such positive names.  My mind immediately went to “corona-vin”. Or “CoVin-2020”

You are immediately disqualified, no key chain for you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dunn’s River Falls was a bust, closed for the day but did manage to take some pictures of the drive, Jamaica has changed so much since last time we were there, they have a Burger King! Our Costco beach chill was fun, bought a souvenir beach towel and it will also come in handy when I need to save those 20 pool loungers tomorrow at 6 am. 

38D6A6CA-E80D-4411-B187-E13747BA6ADB.jpeg

6D20CE9C-E446-4407-B25D-52AC61A7031B.jpeg

13BA2EA7-45CA-4517-83F6-BFAD777C4D6B.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

3992BE23-D84B-466E-8B5A-FE9B63B25727.thumb.jpeg.ee6893feb01a07b6eb5c0d9f9b5e6bd1.jpeg👍The best review ever!  How is the entertainment?😉

According to tonight’s Cruise Compass, it’s a similar Magic Mike show (omg fantastic real idea RCL) , rumor is that there’s just one performer and I’m really hoping it’s Channing Tatum! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

According to tonight’s Cruise Compass, it’s a similar Magic Mike show (omg fantastic real idea RCL) , rumor is that there’s just one performer and I’m really hoping it’s Channing Tatum! 

Be sure to take (and post) lots of pictures!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ukigirl said:

Why do I have the feeling it will be Elbo, the waiter?😂😂

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Haha 1

This is the best thing ever! This is how I will cruise the Danube River in April 😢🤣😢

and this is how we live to cruise again!

(The Magic Mike reference reminded me of the movie The Proposal where the guy in Alaska was everything....Manager, minister, exotic dancer!  LOL! 
Good luck with that 😂😂😂)

Word around the ship is that Elbo is indeed the star attraction, I told him over dinner tonight at Portside BBQ that I was looking forward to the show tonight (thank goodness I got those dollar bills for tips), he mentioned something about his other side weekend job that had him spackling and sanding one of the cabins that I believe is an outside cabin with a view of Central Park. Mumbled something about being exhausted and might not able to perform tonight 🤔. Looks like I’ll be seeing Cats, that bar next to the theater better be stocked 

CEF25DF4-0A52-424B-82AC-7227ECF17FF6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, pookeysmom said:

(The Magic Mike reference reminded me of the movie The Proposal where the guy in Alaska was everything....Manager, minister, exotic dancer!  LOL! 

Good luck with that 😂😂😂)

Yes!  Lovw that movie 

Seriously guys, thanks for your response. Should be on Independence right now, this was to be my first solo cruise (with Elbo’s blessing) and I was looking forward to doing a live thread. We’ve been doing our best with social distancing, my boss just closed for the next 2-3 weeks, Elbo still goes into the office though I think he will start working from home soon. We miss our adult kids terribly but this will pass and can’t wait for our normal lives to resume.  We’ve got an October cruise scheduled so keeping our fingers crossed for the actual sail away. Love to all of you and stay safe!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Currently on Indy, planned this solo cruise three months ago when hubby told me to go for it since it’s been on my bucket list and nothing was going to stop me. Here’s some pictures along with my thoughts, noticed there been some subtle changes but I’m ok with that.

Sail away, waiving at everybody on shore and it’s just a beautiful sunny 38 degree kinda day.

Not too many people on pool deck and no chair hogs thank goodness, just chilling and catching up on my reading.

Don’t care for the pool but hot tub is nice and I found some ducks! So happy I got the deluxe drink package, pool service is kinda slow so no tip for them.

Getting ready for dinner, post more pictures soon.

F7F619BD-FBA5-4285-8C27-ECDCC8BF855B.jpeg

E7FACE07-4E1E-4929-B147-706C31B66D82.jpeg

7EC8E723-1BDC-4981-80EC-EF1A37ED8BEA.jpeg

Great!  This is what all of our cruises this spring will be, I'm afraid!  Love it!