How Are Things In Your Home Port

We are thinking about you and want to know how you are, and we are sure you want to keep in touch with each other and connecting here does not violate any of the safe boundaries we've come to know as social distancing.

For now, cruises are on hold as we tend to our individual and collective well being, but much in the way we help each other when we are traveling, now we can join together while we are moored (you get my point) and talk about our future plans to travel, as things begin to return to normal, because they will. Or, perhaps you'll reminisce about recent travels, by sea or land. Or talk about your cat, your knitting, or cooking....you get the idea.

This link contains a collection of random webcams which I selected after perusing a few other websites with cams that had too few regional offerings, or not all cameras were easy to see, or weren't live all the time. It's night time now so the seaside cams don't show much, but the Cardiff cam is on a well-lit St. Mary street. 

Off topic, you say? Yes, but we are in uncharted territory, we need to find healthy ways to cope, and we need thoughtful ways to connect. Cruise Critic values and appreciates our members and we want to continue be here for our members. Things will return to normal but until they do, those who wish to hang out and chat with your CC friends, we can do that here. As always please, continue to be kind and wonderful–if you disagree with someone, take the higher road and say nothing or just leave a smile emoji. 

Here is another place where you may talk freely with other members for fun, the Cruise Critic Floataway Lounge

Colleen/Bonjour 🤗(<---socially distant hug)

Edited by Host Bonjour

1 hour ago, Host Bonjour said:

This link contains a collection of BBC webcams which I selected after perusing a few other websites with cams that had too few regional offerings, or not all cameras were easy to see, or weren't live all the time. These had more categories than any other I found combined, long live the beeb.

Unfortunatley these are no longer active. The top of the page says "this page has been archived and is no longer updated".

I clicked on the one for Southampton and it was dated 7th June 2010.

1 hour ago, Ray66 said:

Unfortunatley these are no longer active

Thank you Ray. I spent awhile searching various options and when I landed on the BBC figured oh good, these will be fine. On every other page, I clicked through them, having seen a few that were Turner-esque (gorgeous seaside scenes) but limited number of cams, and all the same scene. Anyway....these work, it was one of the first sites I visited and clicked through. 

I was trying to find something with more views in Scotland or N.I. but this was the most variety I could find without truly scouring the nether regions of the internet. Alas, I found some traffic cams in Southampton, not interesting but this ABP page did seem interesting as it tracks all ship movements live every day. Hopefully there are lots of masks and other PPE in some of those cargo ships! 

8 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Here is one of Dublin.  O'Connell Street, looking south from above the GPO (the GPO is the building to the right side with pillars and statues on top.

Here is one looking from the other side of O'Connell Street toward the GPO

Thank you VMax! These are awesome. I was hoping to finally get to Ireland this year, my grandfather immigrated here in 1928 from County Clare and I obtained citizenship in the '90s. I don't know when travel will be possible, but it's nice to see images of places I've been and/or hope to go to when things get better. 

My grandfather moved to Brooklyn after coming to Ellis Island and I lived in NYC all my life until a few years ago, but I am still an easy train ride into Grand Central, about 50-55 minutes on the express, so here is a view of the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges, from the Brooklyn side. Foggy today but should be better on another day! 

☘️🙂

Keep safe and well.

• 4 weeks later...

We do't need your fancy "Floataway Lounge", Bonjour :classic_tongue: - we have our old-fashioned community pub :classic_smile:

It's not very informative, but then it's a pub - full of fun & nonsense.

A bit crowded of late, but if you can get in the door why not drop by, & mebbe crack a joke or two.

JB :classic_smile:

• Like 1