A Sailway from Port Everglades this afternoon that I have never seen

rkacruiser

As normal, there were flags flying from the mast of the Adventure of the Sea when she sailed.  What I noted, which I have never seen before, follows:

The  RCCL Flag; No Pilot Flag; the Yellow "Q" Flag.  

The "Q" flag means quarantine, I think.  That, I assume, means that there is some type of illness aboard.  Only crew were aboard, I realize.  (And some of them were having fun on the ship's aft Flowrider--good for them!)

The missing Pilot's Flag and the Yellow Flag at the ship's mast is what drew my attention.

Thoughts from others?

37 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

....the Yellow "Q" Flag.  

The "Q" flag means quarantine, I think.  That, I assume, means that there is some type of illness aboard.....

Quite the opposite. Put most simply, it is a declaration that the ship is free of quarantinable disease and may also indicate a request for inspection. 

23 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Quite the opposite. Put most simply, it is a declaration that the ship is free of quarantinable disease and may also indicate a request for inspection. 

Thanks for your response.  What I saw was very unique for me.  With no Pilot Flag flying from the Mast also raised my eyebrows.  

The yellow quarantine flag is what you fly when you need to go through customs and immigration.  

At least it is for us when we go from one country to the next and need to go through customs on boats.

It doesn't have anything to do with illness.

We did however see one cruise ship anchored offshore yesterday.

1 hour ago, BlueHerons said:

The yellow quarantine flag is what you fly when you need to go through customs and immigration.  

At least it is for us when we go from one country to the next and need to go through customs on boats.

It doesn't have anything to do with illness.

We did however see one cruise ship anchored offshore yesterday.

Check your Beaufort's and every other trusted maritime reference. A "Q" ( solid yellow) flag is a "request for free pratique."

Pratique is the license given to a ship to enter port on assurance from the captain to convince the authorities that she is free from contagious disease. The clearance granted is commonly referred to as free pratique. A ship can signal a request for pratique by flying a solid yellow square-shaped flag.