How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

I think Florida is closer to Cuba than Mexico, of course I suspect there will be similar opportunities for property acquisitions in Texas.

Well the Cubans would like to go to Florida as well. My son's company does Cuba travel packages.  I must go there one day, sooner than later.

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Well the Cubans would like to go to Florida as well. My son's company does Cuba travel packages.  I must go there one day, sooner than later.

Probably will be easier to get there VIA Canada pretty soon.

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

No Wall in Florida.

But the Mexico wall is portable Mic, did you not know that?  Scomo has arranged with DT for it to be rolled out on the NSW/Victoria border, to keep our Mexicans out. 🤐

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

Queensland Health declares parts of NSW coronavirus hotspots - Liverpool and Cambelltown.

18 Queenslanders, who visited the Cross Roads Hotel, are awaiting results of testing.

It is scary how fast and widespread this virus spreads.  My daughter recently returned from Central NSW, so had the test at the GC Hospital (no queue).  

Just now, NSWP said:

Scary graph, but well produced.  Covid has really shot to the top of the League table. 🤢

At the end of the run is shows 3.6 million deaths. 30 million have died thru July 12th. Where are the other 26.5 million? Clearly the authors have an agenda.

16 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Time to build a wall.

Keep nsw out of Victoria.

It is a double sided wall, no one gets in or out.  I was going down to North East Vic for a few days drive, canned that idea, go north instead in a couple of weeks, when the queues reduce at the border. Trouble is a spike or two happens and lockdown is on again, it won't take much of a spike for Qld to close again, believe me.  Then I would have to do a turn at Tweed Heads and head back south, waste of petroleum.

In hindsight I might stay bunkered down here as a recluse, I have a couple of months supply of TP and stocked up at Dan Murphy's yesterday with a couple of bottles of scotch and a couple of dozen bottles of vino.  Who needs food? 

### Stop Press:  Qld Premier Anna has just banned people from Liverpool and Campbelltown in Sydney's South Western Suburbs from entering Qld, as they are hot spots, due probably to the positive tests at the Crossroads Hotel at Casula, which is between Liverpool and Campbelltown,  22 from that hotel on the weekend I think.  It is a big hotel, went there many years ago. 

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

At the end of the run is shows 3.6 million deaths. 30 million have died thru July 12th. Where are the other 26.5 million? Clearly the authors have an agenda.

I guess realistically you can't show every type of death in the world. It would end up being a very long graph 😂. The point is really to demonstrate the speed of Covid-19 spread. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It is a double sided wall, no one gets in or out.  I was going down to North East Vic for a few days drive, canned that idea, go north instead in a couple of weeks, when the queues reduce at the border. Trouble is a spike or two happens and lockdown is on again, it won't take much of a spike for Qld to close again, believe me.  Then I would have to do a turn at Tweed Heads and head back south, waste of petroleum.

In hindsight I might stay bunkered down here as a recluse, I have a couple of months supply of TP and stocked up at Dan Murphy's yesterday with a couple of bottles of scotch and a couple of dozen bottles of vino.  Who needs food? 

You can always have a Woolies delivery for food Les!

5 minutes ago, possum52 said:

You can always have a Woolies delivery for food Les!

I can, they have 6 delivery trucks now in Batemans Bay.  Offering all sorts of deals now, like free delivery, $20 vouchers, come in spinner.  Aldi would go well if they did home deliveries, Aldi is always very busy here as currently it is the only one on the NSW Far South Coast south of Nowra, although there are plans for one at Merimbula, 2 hours south from here.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

I read it as showing 569,128 on the 12 Jul 20. Were are you seeing 3.6 million? What is this 30 million you are quoting? Where are you getting your figures?

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Interesting graph on the growth of Covid

Global Deaths Due to Various Causes and COVID-19

https://app.flourish.studio/visualisation/2562261/

I think the biggest thing to take is the time frame of Covid-19...... scary is putting it mildly..

One thing did read in news today..... don't know where it is true...

A 30-year-old Texas man who did not believe the virus was real.

Lying in a hospital bed, moments before his death, the patient turned to his nurse and said: “I think I made a mistake. I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not.”

All one can say..... What The

Don

17 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I think the biggest thing to take is the time frame of Covid-19...... scary is putting it mildly..

Lying in a hospital bed, moments before his death, the patient turned to his nurse and said: “I think I made a mistake. I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not.”

Don

As the saying goes...'Famous Last Words.'   How sad.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Don

I remember reading about this story, apparently he went to a "Covid-19 party" which is a little weird if he thought the disease was a hoax. Perhaps he thought he was going to prove it😳

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

I read it as showing 569,128 on the 12 Jul 20. Were are you seeing 3.6 million? What is this 30 million you are quoting? Where are you getting your figures?

At the end of the run it calculated the deaths from those causes listed in the chart. Look on the bottom right. About 60 million people die each year from all causes so about 30 million so far this year. 26.5 million are missing in the chart. 569128 are the covid deaths.

1 minute ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

At the end of the run it calculated the deaths from those causes listed in the chart. Look on the bottom right. About 60 million people die each year from all causes so about 30 million so far this year. 26.5 million are missing in the chart. 569128 are the covid deaths.

I see what you are say, I think. Other deaths, missing, would be car accidents, heart attacks, cancer and natural causes among many other categories.

14 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

I'm having a hard time getting your point? Are you trying to minimize the significance of the 571,000 deaths worldwide so far (138,000 in the US) as a drop in the bucket compared to the overall deaths worldwide per year? I suspect that adding the specific data would make the chart untenable.

24 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm having a hard time getting your point? Are you trying to minimize the significance of the 571,000 deaths worldwide so far (138,000 in the US) as a drop in the bucket compared to the overall deaths worldwide per year? I suspect that adding the specific data would make the chart untenable.

Yes the approx. 30M+ who die each year from heart attacks, strokes & cancer will surely distort the incredible impact that COVID-19 has had in less than 6 months.

So for 'HaveWe MetYet' I don't see an agenda, just a choice of what to show comparisons to - what are you suggesting?

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

I remember reading about this story, apparently he went to a "Covid-19 party" which is a little weird if he thought the disease was a hoax. Perhaps he thought he was going to prove it😳

Probably a Republican.  Tragic if true.

Edited by NSWP