How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

6 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Surely these days it can only be a round NSW drive ???

I also had just an online order of 'medicine' delivered. I put on some latex gloves and wiped every bottle down with disinfectant wipes - better to be sure ...

A bit extreme, never thought of sanitising the medicine, have to do it myself.  As for the round Straya drive, some will get through on ye olde back roads.  The Stormtroopers are only on the bitumen.

Edited by NSWP

We are in day 1 of Level 4 lockdown .

Everything is shutdown except Supermarkets and Pharmacies.

No bottle shops, no hairdressers no fruit shops. no butchers , bakers or candlestick makers. Yesterday FruitWorld and similar stores opened their doors 

and said take what you want and pay what you like, just to get rid of the stock as they will be closed for 4 weeks No takeaways either. We all have  to live in our bubble  and wherever we were last night is where we will be for the next 4 weeks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

No bottle shops, no hairdressers no fruit shops. no butchers , bakers or candlestick makers. Yesterday FruitWorld and similar stores opened their doors 

and said take what you want and pay what you like, just to get rid of the stock as they will be closed for 4 weeks No takeaways either. We all have  to live in our bubble  and wherever we were last night is where we will be for the next 4 weeks. 

Wow.  Jacinta is working hard to make sure Kiwis survive this pandemic. 

I noted she banned takeaways from inception.  Do you know why?  Is that because she doesn't want people moving around delivering takeaways.  Australia didn't ban takeaways, for the moment.  I know of one successful cafe which tried to convert to takeaways, and has closed already.

Are your supermarkets and pharmacies fully stocked?  How many days did you have to plan for level 4 lockdown.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Good luck David, I think we will get to Level 4 sooner than later.

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

David, does that include bottleshops or booze sales from supermarkets like we have here?  

Our Supermarkets sell wine and beer only and it’s all within the store ,so thats all there will be . No hard liquor. Done because the Supermarkets can control the number of people in the store at any  one time and keep a controlled distance away from each other .

Just an aside from the 'medicine' discussion & back to haircuts for a tick. I usually time my haircuts in the lead up to a work trip, function, cruise etc. I planned to have one this week ahead of our now NON-Cruise departing on Monday. A few days ago I told DW that, as I am mostly working from home at this time, I will delay my haircut until after this is all over. She did not look impressed. Of course she didn't know me back in the 70's 🙂 Of course I didn't have silver hair then either!

14 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Wow.  Jacinta is working hard to make sure Kiwis survive this pandemic. 

I noted she banned takeaways from inception.  Do you know why?  Is that because she doesn't want people moving around delivering takeaways.  Australia didn't ban takeaways, for the moment.  I know of one successful cafe which tried to convert to takeaways, and has closed already.

Are your supermarkets and pharmacies fully stocked?  How many days did you have to plan for level 4 lockdown.  

Closing takeaways was a big shock to most people . It was done to break the hand to hand contact chain . All workers laid off will have their wages subsidised by the Govt and the store will make up the rest . KFC for example has pledged all their staff the full usual ,  wage .

Supermarkets are fully stocked ,only shortages are from panic buying ,but all goods being replaced quickly . Some limits ,only 2 of each item , to make sure everyone gets a chance . No shortage of TP . We make it and have endless forests of timber ready and waiting to keep the world  clean if need be. 

We only had  2 or 3 days to get ready . 

11 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Closing takeaways was a big shock to most people . It was done to break the hand to hand contact chain . All workers laid off will have their wages subsidised by the Govt and the store will make up the rest . KFC for example has pledged all their staff the full usual ,  wage .

Supermarkets are fully stocked ,only shortages are from panic buying ,but all goods being replaced quickly . Some limits ,only 2 of each item , to make sure everyone gets a chance . No shortage of TP . We make it and have endless forests of timber ready and waiting to keep the world  clean if need be. 

We only had  2 or 3 days to get ready . 

I can imagine it would be a big shock to the majority, because take aways are so popular now.

How will the laid off workers have their wages subsidised by the Govt?   I hope no Centrelink fiasco like here.  WOW only 2 or 3 days to get ready.  Was that to shop for fruit and veg, butcher, bread, milk from the dairy, etc?  

TP was always available where I shopped (limit 1 pack) but I didn't need to buy any because I always buy double size rolls.  Can you shop on line, with home delivery?  I see one enterprising company is reverting to milk delivery here.  Anyone who delivered fresh milk in glass bottles, cream and cheese would have my business.  I already buy expensive milk because it tastes like milk is meant to taste.  I wonder if the old style fruiterer, and fresh fish trucks will return.  I wonder what NZ will look like after 4 weeks?

37 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Just an aside from the 'medicine' discussion & back to haircuts for a tick. I usually time my haircuts in the lead up to a work trip, function, cruise etc. I planned to have one this week ahead of our now NON-Cruise departing on Monday. A few days ago I told DW that, as I am mostly working from home at this time, I will delay my haircut until after this is all over. She did not look impressed. Of course she didn't know me back in the 70's 🙂 Of course I didn't have silver hair then either!

Ha ha  Tell her you saved the money for a haircut, which no-one would see. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Our Supermarkets sell wine and beer only and it’s all within the store ,so thats all there will be . No hard liquor. Done because the Supermarkets can control the number of people in the store at any  one time and keep a controlled distance away from each other .

Our supermarkets don't sell alcohol, unlike other States.  I don't know the policy with regard to bottle shops.

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Our supermarkets don't sell alcohol, unlike other States.  I don't know the policy with regard to bottle shops.

I think, when the restrictions move to another level, we should be prepared for bottle shops to be shut down. Dan Murphy's now has a limit on how much people can buy. For instance, casks are limited to three.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I think, when the restrictions move to another level, we should be prepared for bottle shops to be shut down. Dan Murphy's now has a limit on how much people can buy. For instance, casks are limited to three.

I used to buy a cask of white and red wine to cook with until my daughter told me wine doesn't last indefinitely!

I was going to have all of mine off before the surgery.  No need to try and lift arms above head when your neck has been opened up.

Of course, and I am sure you all believe this, normally I am mistaken for Fabio. As you can see from the attached photo.

74736982-ACAC-4A64-8F91-12C0DA1908CB.jpeg.365ba6a481d041e65bce2078123f3b4f.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I was going to have all of mine off before the surgery.  No need to try and lift arms above head when your neck has been opened up.

Of course, and I am sure you all believe this, normally I am mistaken for Fabio. As you can see from the attached photo.

74736982-ACAC-4A64-8F91-12C0DA1908CB.jpeg.365ba6a481d041e65bce2078123f3b4f.jpeg

Now that is a happy face!  Did you win that match?  Is it called a match?

48 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

So do you think alcohol will become the new TP equivalent?  

I am Sorry but all this news... is really getting me down......... and it has only been four weeks......

and now it is only going to get a lot worst.......

Good luck to our friends across the ditch......

Heads up lads.... it is not time for    Nearer my God to Thee

Don

• Like 1

The CEO of Justcuts has begged the government to shut down the hair dressing industry as he is concerned for the staff's and clients' wellbeing. He was quite emotional when speaking on the news just now.

Leigh

All this isolation we have been doing and no doubt a lot more to come is causing mayhem at our place.

Never baked so much ever! Ham and cheese scones today and a plum cake yesterday, if the trend keeps up we will only be able to waddle out.

Seriously though, I hope everyone can stay home if your work allows, stay safe and keep healthy.