How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

21 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Do you have any unused military bases in the outback? Lots of sand, few amenites (out houses cared for by internees, hand pumped water wells. Maybe a nice tent to sleep in. Of course the staff would have full service air conditioned lodging.

Perhaps they can trade places with a couple of detainees on Manus Island.

32 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Do you have any unused military bases in the outback? Lots of sand, few amenites (out houses cared for by internees, hand pumped water wells. Maybe a nice tent to sleep in. Of course the staff would have full service air conditioned lodging.

Yes, military bases would be ideal. Officers quarters for the staff who would mainly be acting as security guards, with some catering staff. Internees would just get pre packaged meals delivered three times a day to minimise any risk to the staff. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Perhaps they can trade places with a couple of detainees on Manus Island.

How about transporting  them to Norfolk Island, the locals need the revenue.

57 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Well, I had my little drive out to Mudgee Monday, 6 hr drive with a couple of short stops. Did a couple of wineries and looked around the area. However, disaster struck at Tuesday night dinner at a local Chinese. I inadvertently had a pork rib sharp bone, tear inside of mouth, the ridge above front teeth, blood everywhere. That night too much 🩸 Went to Mudgee Hosp, they were short staffed and asked me to come back next day, wednesday morning early, decided to return home, still bleeding bad. Arrived at Batemans Bay A and E, straight into dr, needles, wadding, stiches. Seems to have fixed it fingers crossed. the motel owner was not overly impressed with blood every where on bed, like a murder scene. Anyway Mudgee is nice, but watch out for the chinese ribs. anyway nice holiday story .🥢Now soft rations for few days. Red wine and soft cheese sounds ok, no rice crackers

Not good uncle Les, take care.

• Like 1

Great news. Just announced. 😁

"Charges have been laid against all three women at the centre of a COVID-19 alert in South East Queensland, police say.

Police said all three are now cooperating with authorities."

Edited by By The Bay
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Adrian, glad to hear you are now in rehab. Take care, you've had a rough trot.

Leigh

Thanks Leigh Julie, Gut, and others.

Main dressing came off today. Amazingly neat piece of handiwork (thought it better not to post a photo).

Working on the rehab, great to spend a little time in the sun this afternoon. 

Should be able to go home in a week or so.

Adrian

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

How about transporting  them to Norfolk Island, the locals need the revenue.

Don't think so. The locals will have to start locking doors as these ar&8holes will steal everything. Reported in media tonight that their visit to Mexico involved stealing high end handbags - how would you feel to be the parents??

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Don't think so. The locals will have to start locking doors as these ar&8holes will steal everything. Reported in media tonight that their visit to Mexico involved stealing high end handbags - how would you feel to be the parents??

And reselling them is probably how they pay for their "beauty" treatments. 

Those high end handbags are ridiculous prices! Last week I was browsing through one of Sydney's outlet centres looking for a new wallet. I spotted exactly what I wanted in one of the high end outlets. I asked what the price was, expecting it to be too expensive, but was pleasantly surprised to find it was affordable and about what I was prepared to pay for a good quality leather wallet. When I got home I looked at the receipt and got a serious shock when I saw the original price. I'd received a 70% discount. It must have been my lucky day!

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And reselling them is probably how they pay for their "beauty" treatments. 

Those high end handbags are ridiculous prices! Last week I was browsing through one of Sydney's outlet centres looking for a new wallet. I spotted exactly what I wanted in one of the high end outlets. I asked what the price was, expecting it to be too expensive, but was pleasantly surprised to find it was affordable and about what I was prepared to pay for a good quality leather wallet. When I got home I looked at the receipt and got a serious shock when I saw the original price. I'd received a 70% discount. It must have been my lucky day!

Like some of the highend department stores in Singapore - no prices on the merchandise.

Leigh

5 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Like some of the highend department stores in Singapore - no prices on the merchandise.

Leigh

There weren't any prices on the merchandise in the outlet store either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Thanks Leigh Julie, Gut, and others.

Main dressing came off today. Amazingly neat piece of handiwork (thought it better not to post a photo).

Working on the rehab, great to spend a little time in the sun this afternoon. 

Should be able to go home in a week or so.

Adrian

Glad to hear your recovery is coming along.

15 hours ago, NSWP said:

Well, I had my little drive out to Mudgee Monday, 6 hr drive with a couple of short stops. Did a couple of wineries and looked around the area. However, disaster struck at Tuesday night dinner at a local Chinese. I inadvertently had a pork rib sharp bone, tear inside of mouth, the ridge above front teeth, blood everywhere. That night too much 🩸 Went to Mudgee Hosp, they were short staffed and asked me to come back next day, wednesday morning early, decided to return home, still bleeding bad. Arrived at Batemans Bay A and E, straight into dr, needles, wadding, stiches. Seems to have fixed it fingers crossed. the motel owner was not overly impressed with blood every where on bed, like a murder scene. Anyway Mudgee is nice, but watch out for the chinese ribs. anyway nice holiday story .🥢Now soft rations for few days. Red wine and soft cheese sounds ok, no rice crackers

Sorry to hear that you had to shorten your vacation to Mudgee.  Sounds like one of those unexpected accidents where you wonder how did that happen!  Hope the injury heals well.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 7:31 AM, MMDown Under said:

Oh no - Queensland has a covid case with contact tracing beginning in Logan, south of Brisbane. The person recently returned from interstate.  A private school has been closed. 

Oh no - My favourite suburb in Sydney, Potts Point, has had a couple of covid cases.  The Apollo Restaurant, which was visited by someone with the virus, is in the hotel where I always stay at Potts Point.  I guess Potts Point may be the next hot spot.  Queensland Premier is advising Queenslanders to not travel to NSW.  I wonder how long she will keep the border open? 

What a difference in two cases. 

The first have become Public Enemy No.1 in SEQld for lying to border control then widely swanning around the district before getting tested.  Even when a doctor advised they should get tested on the Saturday, they didn't get tested until Monday.  Through their selfishness they have caused huge cost and inconvenience to the whole community.  They have now been charged with fraud, in addition to lying to border control, as the plot thickens. 

The second couple, who had eaten at the Apollo Restaurant, self isolated at home in Brisbane, before Sydney was declared a hotspot. They also tested positive, but chose to protect the community.

Edited by MMDown Under

15 minutes ago, mr walker said:

The brother of one the selfish idiots has now appeared in the media saying we are picking on these selfish idiots only because, to use his words, they are black.

That was not the first thing I saw. image.jpeg.db58177a6b87665d3ee4de892f69927a.jpeg

15 hours ago, mr walker said:

The mother of the two young women who broke quarantine angrily claimed they did nothing wrong and that they only went to Sydney. Maybe she doesn't know what they get up to.

25 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The mother of the two young women who broke quarantine angrily claimed they did nothing wrong and that they only went to Sydney. Maybe she doesn't know what they get up to.

She also claimed that her daughter was doing a degree at a university. The university has never heard of the daughter. So it seems the daughter is a habitual liar, even to her mother.

21 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Probably on the dole, so taxpayer funded botox jobs? 

They might be on one of the current taxpayer funded financial support schemes. Part of the problem with infections from these two idiots is that one works as a cleaner (probably part-time) at a private school - now closed for deep cleaning and the sister of one of them worked part time at a kindergarten - now closed. They went to a few restaurants (one at Southbank), an African supermarket then they (or at least one of them) went to a medical/dental practice because they were unwell. The doctor advised testing for COVID but they delayed two more days. This is probably the only way their interstate travel became known - they would have used their Medicare cards when they went to the doctor and probably had to show ID when they had the COVID test. Without this, the authorities would not have known that they fraudulently filled out the form regarding their travel prior to arriving at Brisbane airport.

I reckon the authorities should throw the proverbial book at them.

• Like 1