How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

9 hours ago, bazzaw said:

The death rate from this virus is quite low - it is not zero% however and never will be. 6 people have died from the virus in Qld this year - while 140 people have been killed on Qld roads in the same time . Don't know how many have died from cancer and metabolic disease (mainly caused by obesity/lack of physical activity).  This virus is the least of my worries - at age 73. 

It's not the death rate that is the only concern, it's the after effects of having the virus, even in the not so old.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/seizures-and-battered-heart-how-covid-19-scarred-a-healthy-sydney-doctor-20200802-p55hqj.html

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's not the death rate that is the only concern, it's the after effects of having the virus, even in the not so old.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/seizures-and-battered-heart-how-covid-19-scarred-a-healthy-sydney-doctor-20200802-p55hqj.html

Correct, I think our Barry Bazzaw might have gone troppo, too much Bundy Rum or Pineapple juice. Poor lad.👨‍⚕️

1 hour ago, Beanb41 said:

We in NZ obeyed the rules and have had no Community transmission since April 28th and despite that govt officials still want to test us. Test us for what I ask you . All our Covid 19 is being imported and caught at the border. But life goes on

Other countries are testing the sewage to detect COVID-19. They found the virus in sewage at Perisher ski resort, but no identified case. A quote from BBC.

"A sewage-based coronavirus test could be an "easy win" that would pick up infection spikes a week earlier than with existing medical-based tests."

Edited by By The Bay

26 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I agree OzKiwiJJ. Many people, young and old could be left with terrible health conditions once they are negative and not infectious. They may well have diseased kidneys, hearts and lungs and severe lethargy.

Leigh

2 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I hope Victoria have fixed their quarantine. No amount of lock downs will help if they don't reform their quarantine strategy🙄.

As Victoria hasn't had any overseas arrivals for a few weeks, there is unikely to be many if any still in quarantine.

Leigh

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

'Dying not only worry': Coronavirus 'long-hauler' details horrific symptoms.

“I still have a near-daily fever, loss of cognitive function, essential tremors, GI [Gastrointestinal] issues, severe headaches, heart rate of 150+, viral arthritis, heart palpitations, muscle aches, a feeling like my body has forgotten to breathe.

“Over the past 124 days I've lost all feeling in my arms and hands, had extreme back/kidney/rib pain, phantom smells,” she wrote.

Sadly, the list goes on.

“Tinnitus, difficulty understanding text/reading, difficulty following conversations, sensitivity to noise & light, nonstop bruising,” she continued. In a survey released this week by the Indiana University, long-haulers reported experiencing 98 different symptoms during their COVID-19 battle.

Dr Natalie Lambert, who conducted the survey, said it revealed long-haulers’ virus symptoms were far more numerous than what is currently listed by the country’s peak infectious disease body, the CDC.

“While the impact of COVID-19 on the lungs and vascular system has received some media and medical attention, the results of this survey suggest that brain, whole body, eye, and skin symptoms are also frequent-occurring health problems for people recovering from COVID-19,” the research paper says.

Dr Anthony Fauci, said not everyone returns to normal after beating the novel coronavirus.

From Yahoo News.

• Like 1

It was reported today that people were lining up to be tested at Warners Bay yesterday morning causing a huge traffic jam. It appears they were wanting to be tested whilst on their way to work. They were not isolating after the test and waiting for the result of the test, but continuing onto work. How dumb.🤔

• Like 1

What next?  Now we have a guy who claimed diplomatic immunity so he didn't need to quarantine in Sydney after arrival from overseas.  Then he caught a plane to Maroochydore, where he was tested positive, putting everyone on that full plane at risk.  Then he drove from Maroochydore Airport to his home in Toowoomba.  Seems he was security.  

Queensland Premier has put diplomatic immunity on the schedule for combined Cabinet discussion, as now is not the time for anyone to avoid quarantine after arriving from overseas.

These people only get caught out because they test positive.  

The plot thickens.  Seems he had a letter on DFAT letterhead according to Premier!

Edited by MMDown Under

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

It was reported today that people were lining up to be tested at Warners Bay yesterday morning causing a huge traffic jam. It appears they were wanting to be tested whilst on their way to work. They were not isolating after the test and waiting for the result of the test, but continuing onto work. How dumb.🤔

This is what was happening here in Victoria. There were testing clinics at large shopping centre carparks. People would get their test and then park elsewhere in the centre and go shopping. I saw it happen myself when I went for a test. I followed a couple of vehicles out of the testing clinic area and instead of exiting the shopping centre carpark, then went further into the carpark, probably to park.

Leigh

Well I was up early this morning (for me 🙂 ) in Penrith so I could do the weekly grocery shop before work (working from home). Back home just after 8am. Hardly anyone at Woolies and everything was available.

Wore a mask for the first time today as Woolies have asked that customers wear one - recommended but not compulsory. Most of the few customers wore masks, as were the staff. No big deal - I didn't feel my human rights were infringed by the request to wear a mask. Happy to do my bit for the good of the community.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Stage 6 means compulsory watching rugby league.

You know that sort of evil threat will draw immediate compliance in Victoria.

That would work for me here in NSW if they threatened with making me watch aerial ping pong 🙂 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Well I was up early this morning (for me 🙂 ) in Penrith so I could do the weekly grocery shop before work (working from home). Back home just after 8am. Hardly anyone at Woolies and everything was available.

Wore a mask for the first time today as Woolies have asked that customers wear one - recommended but not compulsory. Most of the few customers wore masks, as were the staff. No big deal - I didn't feel my human rights were infringed by the request to wear a mask. Happy to do my bit for the good of the community.

I have joined the face-mask wearing brigade following a Sydneysider leaving the virus in our community after his visit a few weeks ago. I am noticing more mask wearing this week. Stay safe everyone. 🤞😷

Problem is they don't apply the rules consistently. You apply the same for everyone. I read articles of celebrities being allowed to quarantine at home. Not good enough.

Also, there is no sever consequences for those who do not follow the rules. Some people you can fine to the cows come home but it won't make them pay the fine or obey the rules after being fined. 

They just should be arrested and jailed. Same with people giving the police a hard time for doing their duty. Enough. You don't want to give the police any information. Well you should be arrested, but in a cell until you ready to comply. 

If you think that too harsh. Well then just open everything up cause this constant starting up and shutting down is not going to work with people who will just flout the rules. 

Same for the protests, huge religious gatherings which they wont ban because they don't want to offend that group. Even though there was a huge outbreak in a high school of that religion.

We either all in it together or we not. If we not, open up.

Edited by icat2000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Stage 6 means compulsory watching rugby league.

You know that sort of evil threat will draw immediate compliance in Victoria.

This will brighten your day then mate. Get well soon.SS20JSY01M_South-Sydney-Rabbitohs-2020-Mens-Replica-Home-Jersey_1__1594118169.jpg.328b2011efbc3cca3639b78e757bae95.jpg

I wish NSW would close it's border to Queensland. With a new, as yet untraced, case in Brisbane Northern NSW communities are at risk.

But closing borders isn't necessarily going to be the panacea they expect. Essential workers are still allowed through and they can carry the virus just as easily as tourists - as was shown in Sydney where the outbreak started from a Melbourne transport worker, Newcastle where construction workers and court workers from Sydney tested positive while there, and South Australia where an essential worker from Melbourne tested positive.

And if they ban everyone then essential supplies won't get transported there. They could end up with more toilet paper wars. 🤣

• Like 1