How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

Agreed. Plus they install heavy duty sorting equipment at the distribution centres to make the sorting process very efficient. Which is not cost effective to do everywhere, as well as needing more space, and/or having less reliable manual sorting occur locally.

So some specific near destination letters/parcels lose out, whereas most letters/parcels gain.

On our South American travels back in 2014, we posted some postcards from Argentina and Brazil (with stamps) as well as a few (without stamps) from the post box on Floreana Island in the Galapagos. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/destinations/south-america/ecuador/galapagos-post-office-bay/#/post-office-bay-galapagos.jpg

The system relies on other people, tourists, to hand deliver the mail, so you go through what is there and select the ones you are willing to hand deliver.

The postcards we left behind were delivered within the month, the postcards from Argentina took nearly 6 months, and only one from Brazil made it to Australia and it took nearly 11 months and had another cards stuck to it.

We have since stopped sending postcards on our travels.

4 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Queensland tourism just sent me an email telling me how good a holiday in QLD to the Great Barrier Reef would be: "Seeking an extraordinary adventure?"

Think they need to get their act together!

Before the first outbreak Queensland Government had a big tourism campaign.  Looks like they have done it again. 

On Thursday, myself and a friend took the 1500 Goldwing down to Patonga for a pub lunch hoping it was just far enough out of the way to deter the Sydney crowds. It wasn't crowded. We ate outside in the sun but it was still very cold but the view was nice, as always.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

On Thursday, myself and a friend took the 1500 Goldwing down to Patonga for a pub lunch hoping it was just far enough out of the way to deter the Sydney crowds. It wasn't crowded. We ate outside in the sun but it was still very cold but the view was nice, as always.

Ah the bike days, we miss our BMW R100RT. Took us to Perth and back for our longest trip.

1 minute ago, Russell21 said:

Ah the bike days, we miss our BMW R100RT. Took us to Perth and back for our longest trip.

Perth and back to me sounds gruelling. Have done the Great Ocean road and a trips to  Mt Tambourine and Stradbroke Is. These were on my FJ1200. I have an FJ1200, FJ1100, GL1500, CB750F and DT175 all on historic plates. Rego is $48 a year each. Cheap fun when not cruising.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

I thought the Goldwing had a heater and ash tray? 

47 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Perth and back to me sounds gruelling. Have done the Great Ocean road and a trips to  Mt Tambourine and Stradbroke Is. These were on my FJ1200. I have an FJ1200, FJ1100, GL1500, CB750F and DT175 all on historic plates. Rego is $48 a year each. Cheap fun when not cruising.

You have all those iron horses? Lucky fellow.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Heater, yes. Ash tray, not required.

That was an old saying..As useless as an ash tray on a motor bike. I thought it was great back in about 1972 when the govt replaced my kick start Triumph Trophy for a honda 4, electric start, heaven.

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Central Coast, Adelaide for Ulysses AGM, Norseman, Esperance, Albany, Cape Leeuwin, Manjimup, Perth, Kalgoorlie, Whyalla, Broken Hill, Nyngan, Central Coast. 10,400Km, 24 days with 17 riding days, average of 612Km each riding day.