How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

38 minutes ago, NSWP said:

How do you find no single supplement cruises then? I have never seen any, not that I am in the market for one now.

They sometimes run them as part of last minute sales if they're desperate to fill a ship. Just check wherever there's some good deal, and see what the solo rate is.

Interesting news coming out of NZ as they try to trace the source of the outbreak. One of the people who tested positive works for a cold store company, Americold. They have closed all their cold stores down and are going to do thorough testing to see if they can discover any viable coronavirus on any of the products which, presumably, came from overseas. 

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Interesting news coming out of NZ as they try to trace the source of the outbreak. One of the people who tested positive works for a cold store company, Americold. They have closed all their cold stores down and are going to do thorough testing to see if they can discover any viable coronavirus on any of the products which, presumably, came from overseas. 

A quick google confirmed that viruses can survive temperatures below freezing. Frightening. 😷

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

How do you find no single supplement cruises then? I have never seen any, not that I am in the market for one now.

I subscribe to companies/small ships whose cruises I'd love to go on.  Occasionally, they have no single supplement, and I'm ready to buy, at short notice.  In addition, some cruise lines give generous discounts to past passengers. 

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I don't know who thought of elbow bump as a greeting, but it looks ridiculous to me.  If you have to have a formal greeting, I prefer the Asian greeting with two hands pressed together (I can't remember name), which Prince Charles uses.  Much more dignified in my opinion.  

The Thais call it Wei (Pron. WAY). Acceptable in Thailand, China, Japan, and most Asian countries, particularly those with Buddhism in their culture, and mandatory when approaching a Buddhist Monk.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

The bird is also useful for keeping people away

I find carrying a Princess Cruises Tote Bag and wearing a mask, works wonders, I am suddenly in a Mega bubble at Aldi. Strange that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I don’t think my 2 yr old granddaughter is that bad and she can throw some wondrous tantrums! I was thinking it more a teenager’s tantrum who is all about ‘me me me’! 

You might be right, Leigh. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Miss all the fun, though there was that Canadian once that seemed to hate all Aussies and thought we were all tight when it came to tipping, that was fun.

Yes, that one was great fun, especially your tongue-in-cheek reponse.

Lyle,  it only lasted a day or so after we started taking the mickey out of her.