125% FCC

cellfree

Yes I also got an immediate confirmation.  I was told that was a computer generated response. Mine talked about further action within 14 days of cruise. We were booked for March 29. Perhaps it means 14 days after the cruise date. 

For the MSC cancelled sailings up to April 29th and also any customer cancelled sailings up to July 31st under the Flexible Cruise Assurance program the US FAQs both say any FCC will be issued 14 days after sailing's departure date.  A requested refund for the MSC cancelled cruises may take up to 60 days after the sailing's departure date.  There are some minor differences in the wording between the two FAQs.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Cruise-Assurance-Program-FAQ.aspx

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/COVID-Caribbean-Cruise-Cancellation-FAQ.aspx

We were booked on the Seaside for this past Saturday 3/21/20.

We actually canceled a week before MSC canceled our cruise.

Our agent was first told by MSC that her request on our behalf for a FCC was denied because we canceled.

Agent went back and escalated the request with an appeal and advised us to be patient as MSC told her they would review our “ case”.

Really appreciate the professionalism and persistence of our agent.

She sent us this email this morning. As shown the certificate will come in two weeks....

Dear ++++++

Your MSC Cruise Assurance Form has been successfully submitted. 
Your Future Cruise Certificate Reference Number for this request is - ++++++++++
Use this Reference Number for all future correspondence regarding this request. As we work to update our systems of your election into our Cruise Assurance program, please disregard any auto-generated email communication regarding your original booking. 
Please note that your permanent MSC Future Cruise Certificate will be emailed to you within 14 days of your original cruise departure. Once a new cruise departure date is selected, the Future Cruise Certificate can be presented to your travel advisor for redemption. 
Thank you, 
MSC Cruises 34161803

Does anyone if the 125%  FCC is on the drink packages and excursions. We sail May 24 and haven’t purchased a drink package but are planning it will purchase now if will get 125 back.

37 minutes ago, Greg901 said:

Does anyone if the 125%  FCC is on the drink packages and excursions. We sail May 24 and haven’t purchased a drink package but are planning it will purchase now if will get 125 back.

Excursions and drinks packages will refund at 100% of what it cost you, you will also get it back as a straight refund to your credit card, not a FCC.

Up until today our two cruises that were cancelled and that I had requested the 125% FCC through the on-line process were always listed on My Profile.  Just now Sunday evening, when I signed in those two crusies are no longer listed.  However I have not received any kind of email about my 125% FCC.  Hopefully it will show tomorrow.  Seems calling MSC does not help as they just tell you everything is generated through the on-line process.

Does anyone know if you can change to a refund later after accepting the FCC?

I know that you can get it refunded in Dec. 2021 if not used, but If I take the FCC today - then a month from now decide I need the money back, can I do so?

On 3/24/2020 at 8:34 PM, skiierx131 said:

Excursions and drinks packages will refund at 100% of what it cost you, you will also get it back as a straight refund to your credit card, not a FCC.

Yes.  And you can do this by logging onto your original reservation and canceling online.  I did this last week with laundry and internet packages, and it went right back to my card.