Poll: How much will you cruise when cruising resumes?

How much will you cruise when cruising resumes?  

7,286 members have voted

1. 1. When you are again able, how often will you cruise in the next few years?

• I will cruise more than ever - I want to help the cruising industry get back on its feet
    • I will cruise about the same as always - Let's put this behind us quickly
    • I will cruise less than before - Some combo of health concerns, economic impact, and other forms of vaction will reduce my short term cruising
    • I won't cruise at all - Will take a few years (if ever) before things get back to normal and I consider cruising again.

On 3/23/2020 at 8:32 AM, bobmacliberty said:

I'm interested in seeing how the Coronavirus impacts anticipated cruising habits over the next few years once cruising resumes.  Cruise Critic is largely made up of experienced/avid cruisers who give the industry a stong base and will be important moving forward.  

I doubt that I shall ever cruise again.Dr.Fauci is predicting another wave of the virus in the Fall.I cannot think of getting on a cruise ship till there is a proven vaccine.

• Thanks 1

The choices need more options or more choices.  We will cruise about the same, once we feel confident that the virus threat is over or greatly lessened--but not for a few months to a year.

All this could change depending on circumstances and how this all plays out.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:42 AM, hapster85 said:

We have a cruise scheduled for June of '21. A few months ago, we toyed with the idea of a fall cruise this year, but not doing that now.

Same here. Ours is a day after yours, still on but, we aren't allowed to fly into Europe for now.

At 78 years young with 9 cruises under my belt I’m hanging it up for good. To many people, European ports massively overcrowded and the general demeanor of today’s cruiser does not fulfill my travel needs. Tried a land guided tour last year (Gate1-Amsterdam, Bruges, Paris & London) and it was fantastic.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 5:55 PM, Nebr.cruiser said:

The choices need more options or more choices.  We will cruise about the same, once we feel confident that the virus threat is over or greatly lessened--but not for a few months to a year.

All this could change depending on circumstances and how this all plays out.

We will cruise the same as long as there is no mask requirement.  That will be a deal breaker and we will not cruise at all.  

• Like 2

We are seniors with 46 cruises, with just short of 500 days at sea. We have cut our cruising back about75% over the last four years as we no longer see the value because of cut backs and rising prices. We see it only getting worse as the cruise lines try to recover their lose of income over the last several months, with no clear end in site. Time will tell, but I’m guessing we are done. Probably back to what we did before cruising, a condo on Maui.

Viruses are not created aboard cruise ships, they are brought onboard by guests - often those who have travelled on a plane to get to the ship where they sometimes can infect others.

In the same way they would in a supermarket, a resort, a restaurant etc

So it spreads in the same way onboard a ship as it does anywhere else .The only difference is that it’s the only industry  that legally has to report its cases.

So I for one don't blame the the cruise ships and hope to one day be able to cruise again.But I realize we probably won't be able to cruise again until next year .Then  we will keep cruising the same amount as we always did.We have always followed good hygiene rules around handwashing  etc. We also always use the hand sanitiser everytime we see one around the ship. So for me and my family we feel comfortable to cruise again but I understand that other people may not feel the same way. 

Edited by Jasp 0401

On 3/23/2020 at 3:00 PM, rtazz17 said:

You have a much greater chance getting sick on land vs a ship. Thats factual. Do all the googling you want. 

On 3/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, Marobarb said:

Would like to but don't expect to cruise again.

Rtazz, I don’t intend to stop or reduce cruising but I seriously doubt this claim. 

Edited by MoneyGuy
  • Thanks 1