Itinerary Cancellation as of 23 March

Denny01

I looked through the existing threads but decided to start a new one with the title giving all a heads up that Silverseas has added more cruises to its cancellation list. You can go to the Silverseas site and click on “Learn More on: Cancelled Itineraries: 

INFORMATION ON ITINERARY CANCELLATION

March 23, 2020

Silversea is embracing Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.’s initiative to suspend our fleet globally effective immediately. Following the conclusion of all current voyages, guests will disembark and no new guests will embark. We will assist disembarking guests with travel arrangements home.

Impacted voyages are listed below:

Silver Cloud:

•      Voyage nr. E4200320018 Cape Town to Tema (Accra) scheduled to depart on March 20th
•      Voyage nr. E4200407018 Tema (Accra) to Lisbon scheduled to depart on April 7th

Silver Wind:

•      Voyage nr. 2010 Fort Lauderdale to Bridgetown scheduled to depart on March 16th
•      Voyage nr. 2013 Bridgetown to Fort Lauderdale scheduled to depart on March 27th
•      Voyage nr. SW200406016 Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona scheduled to depart on April 6th

Silver Shadow:

•     Voyage nr. 3005 Fort Lauderdale to Lisbon scheduled to depart on March 27th
•     Voyage nr. SS200409007 Lisbon to Barcelona scheduled to depart on April 9th
•     Voyage nr. SS200416007 Barcelona to Lisbon scheduled to depart on April 16th

Silver Spirit:

•     Voyage nr. 5006 Mumbai to Dubai scheduled to depart on March 15th
•     Voyage nr. 5007 Dubai to Piraeus scheduled to depart on March 25th
•     Voyage nr. SL200415009 Piraeus to Piraeus scheduled to depart on April 15th

Silver Muse:

•     Voyage nr. 6006 Auckland to Sydney scheduled to depart on March 17th
•     Voyage nr. 6007 Sydney to Singapore scheduled to depart on March 31st
•     Voyage nr. 6008 Singapore to Yokohama scheduled to depart on April 18th
•     Voyage nr. 6009 Yokohama to Vancouver scheduled to depart on May 4th

Silver Whisper:

•      Voyage nr. 4005 Sydney to Amsterdam scheduled to depart on March 20th
•      Voyage nr. 4006 Singapore to Mumbai scheduled to depart on April 7th
•      Voyage nr. 4007 Mumbai to Civitavecchia scheduled to depart on April 18th
•      Voyage nr. 4008 Civitavecchia to Dublin scheduled to depart on May 6th
•      Voyage nr. 4009 Dublin to Amsterdam scheduled to depart on May 15th

Silver Explorer:

•      Voyage nr. E1200318009 Valparaiso to Easter Island scheduled to depart on March 18th
•      Voyage nr. E1200327014 Easter Island to Papeete scheduled to depart on March 27th
•      Voyage nr. E1200410013 Papeete to Lautoka (Fiji) scheduled to depart on April 10th
•      Voyage nr. E1200424017 Lautoka (Fiji) to Cairns scheduled to depart on April 24th
•      Voyage nr. E1200511016 Cairns to Apra scheduled to depart on May 11th
•      Voyage nr. E1200527011 Apra to Kobe scheduled to depart on May 27th

Silver Galapagos:

•     Voyage nr. 8011 San Cristobal to Baltra scheduled to depart on March 14th
•     Voyage nr. 8012 Baltra to San Cristobal scheduled to depart on March 21st
•     Voyage nr. 8013 San Cristobal to Baltra scheduled to depart on March 28th
•     Voyage nr. 8014 Baltra to San Cristobal scheduled to depart on April 4th

Booked guests on affected voyages will receive a 125% refund of the fare paid in the form of a Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied toward any future cruise and it’s valid two years from issuance. For guests who do not opt to choose the 125% Future Cruise Credit, a 100% refund of the fare paid will be reimbursed to the original form of payment within 90 days of guests’ request. Special conditions apply to the following voyages:

•     Guests booked on Silver Spirit (voyage nr. 5006 and 5007) will receive 100% cash full refund to their original method of payment within 90 days of guests’ request, and 25% Future Cruise Credit for the cruise portion of the booking valid for two years from issuance

•     Guests booked on the Full World Cruise 2020 or on Silver Whisper (voyage nr. 4006, 4007, 4008 and 4009) will receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit of the unused portion of their cruise booking, which can be applied toward any future cruise and it’s valid two years from issuance. For guests who do not opt to choose the 125% Future Cruise Credit, a 100% refund of the unused portion of their cruise booking will be reimbursed in the original form of payment within 90 days of guests’ request.

The health, safety and well-being of our guests and crew is always our highest priority. We greatly appreciate the understanding of our valued guests and travel partners during these fluid, unprecedented and challenging times.

Our goal during these times of uncertainty is to be in constant communication with them, to make sure they have the most up-to-date information and can make informed decisions.

Den

I think the main reason Silverseas and most other Cruise Lines (not Viking by the way - they cancelled a huge block early on) aren’t cancelling whole itineraries that are obviously not going to make it, is to reduce the mass refunds they have to pay out. With the incremental cancellations, the outflow is more controlled........just a guess from someone who really doesn’t have any insight beyond guessing. With cancellations, the Line has to be ready to a great number of full refunds. With us cancelling prior to that, we get a FCC. 

By the way, the 125% FCC is something to seriously consider if you are a regular SS cruiser. Yup, SS could go bankrupt and you’d lose it so it has to be funds you could lose.....but I’m losing one heck of a lot more in the Market!!

Den

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I wonder why they didn't cancel all of the Muse voyages in May and June considering that Canada has banned all cruise ships until July?

unless it’s changed it’s for cruise ships over a certain capacity, which the Muse is, but I think it is actually people on board, so if they sail half full they’d be OK. But still a long stretch, we can maybe fly ORD-Anchorage, but then how do we get home from Vancouver. What a total mess. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I think the main reason Silverseas and most other Cruise Lines (not Viking by the way - they cancelled a huge block early on) aren’t cancelling whole itineraries that are obviously not going to make it, is to reduce the mass refunds they have to pay out. With the incremental cancellations, the outflow is more controlled........just a guess from someone who really doesn’t have any insight beyond guessing. With cancellations, the Line has to be ready to a great number of full refunds. With us cancelling prior to that, we get a FCC. 

By the way, the 125% FCC is something to seriously consider if you are a regular SS cruiser. Yup, SS could go bankrupt and you’d lose it so it has to be funds you could lose.....but I’m losing one heck of a lot more in the Market!!

Den

I agree 100% that the reason Silversea is not cancelling more itineraries is to hold onto our money for as long as possible - I would like to remain loyal (having recently discovered Silversea and enjoyed two fantastic expeditions) but also want to be treated fairly.  Any hope that cruising will get back to normal in a couple of months is, I believe, false.  

A specific example.  Our next cruise is to the Russian Far East in June.  One practical problem (aside from all the COVID travel restrictions) is that passengers need to obtain a Russian visa and send this to Silversea 45 days before departure, by 4 May.  How can we do this when countries are in lock-down (mine now until 17 April) and Russia has issued a temporary ban on foreign visitors until 1 May?  

I just got an email from SS that my 23 April Shadow cruise is cancelled. It’s not on the SS website but they are offering a 100% full refund, 125% FCC and refund of pre/post hotels and SS-assigned flights. If you worked a separate flight that will cost you, they will refund when you sen din the charges. 

Den

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have our first SS cruise late July.  I have my doubts as to whether that one will be a go or whether I would be willing to get on a ship before there is a vaccine.

I think May is overly optimistic.  Oceania is saying "April 12" -- which is just nuts IMO.

As others have stated, I am guessing that this is all about staggering refund payments.  I would not bet that cruises resume in 2020.  There are way too many unknowns.

• 2 weeks later...

Oceania's website says: "Our suspension that was for voyages embarking March 13 to April 11 has been extended to now include all voyages embarking through May 10, 2020. We plan to recommence operations beginning May 11, 2020."

2 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

We just heard Florida isn't predicted to reach its peak of covid cases until early May!!

Florida has just started its way to New York. I hope it wont be long till the whole thing over. There were rumors that high tempreture kills the thing and its quite hot in Florida these days. Maybe it will not have such a significant rise there. In any case I would still avoid going anywhere. Stay at home guys, and please be safe 

10 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

We just heard Florida isn't predicted to reach its peak of covid cases until early May!!

Hi Spins, good morning...…….I heard that same thing over the weekend. Looks out DeSantis:classic_blink:

All the "supposedly stuff" has gone out the window.....it has been warm here already and will only get warmer.

Supposedly when it gets warm the virus will slow down? Nope..…...this thing doesn't care about the weather,

doesn't care how old your are, doesn't care what political party you are...…..it only sees lungs and when these

cases get bad? Your lungs fill up and...…..

I think these hot spots are going way up.....Florida, Michigan (Detroit)…….New Orleans, Chicago...…….

Just a devastating disease.

And please realize what the term ‘peak’ means. It reaches its highest rate of infection and then decreases at about the rate it increased meaning an extended time to slow And only if we continue our social distancing and protections. 

And not listening to those that keep saying there is this ‘cure’ and ignoring actual medical experts because It’s a quick fix. 

den

• Like 2