Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bob7

deposist refunds before final payment

How long is it taking for you to get your deposit refunded (before final payment)?  Our final payment is June but with all the hassle reports we're thinking of bailing now before MSC stops deposit refunds and gives FCCs instead.  Our USA TA would be submitting it.  Thx.

Booked and cancelled directly with MSC USA.  I cancelled one on February 27th, credit went to my card on March 3rd.  Cancelled two more last week and will report back when they show up on card.

I cancelled my August 28 on seaside with no issues got right through but I called later in the day.i believe I got mine next day.i also cancelled a carnival Cruise also got refund right away.

Thx, looks pretty efficient.  We bailed today using the TA's online form, will post when it comes thru.

I've tried to cancel three bookings since 3/15.  I was told I would get an email to confirm but only got it for 1 one them.  I've called a few times and each time I get a different answer.  To MSC's credit they are answering the calls relative quickly.  Our final payment date was April 4th.  I just want my deposit back but have not seen it yet.  Hopefully it comes soon

An update, so we sent the online request form to cancel the Sept cruise (big online USA TA that rhymes with Snooze.com), didn't get any receipt confirmation after a day, called and they said they were working thru all the cancellations in order of cruise date, and right now they were working on May departure dates.  So it will be weeks before it's cancelled and the deposit refunded.  They will not be charging any fee to cancel any cruise before final payment date.