Chris Wong Vlogs... day #9?

suizas

Maybe it’s just “operator error” but I haven’t been able to find Chris’ day 9 vlog from Oasis. I know he said he is having to leave the ship in a few more days, but I’m wondering why he isn’t posting.  Anyone? 

Could be internet issues.  I'm wondering where he will leave the ship.  No airport at Coco Cay so unless they pull into a port with an international airport or way to get to one, he may be on longer than he thinks.  I've watched most of his vlogs this week.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

At the end of the Day 8 vlog while he is recording the sunset he says it will be his "last sunset onboard."  I thought it an odd thing to say when at the beginning he said it was 50-50 whether or not he'd be going back to the UK.

In another (or maybe even day 8 ) vlog, I thought he mentioned Oasis going to Miami.  Again I thought that odd.  Why would Miami allow them to dock when they are not allowing cruise ships to dock? Maybe after the 14 day self isolation with no cases they would allow it?  I don't know.  I don't think anyone does.

• Like 1

It's such a dynamic situation, it's tough to even speculate.  I would lay 99.9% odds it's not because RCI is "silencing' him.  Navigating the entry and transit requirements for different countries with differing nationalities can be intense at this moment, and is changing rapidly.  The few flights that do exist are also quickly running out.  My bigger concern for Chris (and I too have subscribed to my first Youtube channel---his) is whether he will be paid beyond his contract if he is 'stuck' on the ship after that expires.  It doesn't seem like he is too concerned about it...and I have to admit...If I had to spend 30 days in quarantine, doing it on a fairly empty Oasis-class ship in the Bahamas with almost perfect weather would be where I'd want to do it!

• Like 1

I feel for him and the crew. When he didn’t post I really got worried. And, like an earlier poster said, I too, thought it odd that he said he was watching his last sunset while yet knowing he still had a few days left. I hope he is ok! 

• Like 1

My son, who was on the Liberty as an a Entertainer until November, had a friend from his contract sign on a week ago Sunday (3/15).  He was supposed to be sent home yesterday (3/22) but as they got to Galveston found out he wasn’t because he lives in Ireland.  

Twizzler, thank you so much for your rapid reply on the video. I met Chris when he was on the Mariner and have tried to follow him all along.  I miss cruising and your amazing photos to keep me informed. I am not sure if I will be sailing on my seven booked cruises, but will keep my fingers crossed.  Thank you again for your help.

• Like 1

So glad Chris is well and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors!! Yes, his is the only U-tube vlog that I have ever subscribed to, as well! Really enjoyed all of them and look forward to more!! Keep in touch!! Thanks Chris!!

• 3 weeks later...

What has happened to his vlogs now?  He was posting from home, (England) about life in isolation.  He started a series "ask me anything about working on a cruise ship" and did several vlogs where he answered numerous questions.

Now I can't find any of those newer videos.  When I do a search for his vlogs, the newest one that shows up is when he leaves and flies home. 

Has he been shut down?  Is he sick?  I'm not a twitter follower or any other social media.  Has anyone heard anything?  Is he ok?

4 hours ago, essgee_ca said:

What has happened to his vlogs now?  He was posting from home, (England) about life in isolation.  He started a series "ask me anything about working on a cruise ship" and did several vlogs where he answered numerous questions.

Now I can't find any of those newer videos.  When I do a search for his vlogs, the newest one that shows up is when he leaves and flies home. 

Has he been shut down?  Is he sick?  I'm not a twitter follower or any other social media.  Has anyone heard anything?  Is he ok?

Newest one I saw was about 5-6 days ago, was current that day

11 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Newest one I saw was about 5-6 days ago, was current that day

I did notice after his day 2 or 3 ask me anything he had said there was 51 people with covid 19 on oasis. This was not info in the public. After he said that one day later  all the videos were removed. I bet Rccl said something to him. 

Edited by sea shepherd