Do you love Aqua class?

Ugaaucruisers

50 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

The color in your photo is just AMAZING.  Is it enhanced? Or are you just a great photographer!

May 2016 Summit Bermuda Aqua 1 Cabin 1140. 

Sony A7R-II was cutting edge on this cruise, brand new Zeiss Batis 25 did the wide shots.

27014180401_2302c8eb6d_h.jpg

CaptDave

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Miaminice said:

YES! Our reason BLU!!! Love the smaller restaurant and less rushed ambiance.

We only skip Aqua on Edge - due to the great 4 dining room concept.

We  agree!  BLU has been our  fav since it was introduced. It's a bit more crowded now but still the best choice for us.  

BLU on EDGE had s terrible or no view,  slow kitchen some nights and  poor acoustics.  We much oreferred the 4 mdr plan.

2 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Not sure if you were on the Summit's March 7th sailing.  But am with you regarding the buffet.   We were on HAL last year (our only time) and while we love Celebrity I agree re the buffet!!  HAL has it right!!  The thought of touching all those serving spoons regardless of whether people used sanitizer makes me quite ill especially now.  I would hope all cruise lines would follow HALs lead on that.  

Regarding the OP question.  We love AQ and if it is not a crazy amount more we go that way primarily for Blu.  I must say the Persian Gardens on the Summit was a big disappointment as compared to the Reflection.  Went once and that was it.   But must say the Summit's BLU management and staff were outstanding.   

Yes, I was on the March 7 Summit sailing. We were in cabin 9162.

Didn't realize there are aft-facing Aqua Summit cabins on deck 11 - good to know.

Edited by jmbklj

4 hours ago, pete_coach said:

? Aqua cost a lot more....to be clear... 🙂

As I said initially, the price difference between Aqua and a standard cabin, you could have eaten in specialty restaurants as well as Blu and had money left over 🙂

That was not my point, I was simply trying to point out that those in Aqua do not pay for Persian Gardens while those who are not pay a fee.   You gave the opposite impression in your post.

Also, on two different occasions we have booked Aqua at lower prices than an outside cabin, most of the time it is more expensive and would pay to book specialties but not always.   

I know I’m in the minority here but I did not think Aqua class was worth it for us.  We booked Aqua class twice and our experiences were not good. We could

only eat at Blu twice during both cruises. It was always full unless we wanted to eat at non peak times  Also, food is subjective but we were NOT impressed with the food in Blu. The same was true of Persian Garden...it was always full.  We paid an extra $250 and $300 per person and definitely didn’t feel it was a good value. 

• Thanks 1

DW loves dining in Blu.  We have only been in Aqua twice and those post final payment price drops that got us upgraded.  Yes, it is nice but only you can decide if it is worth the price.  We were supposed to there on May 18 for Iceland and Ireland but that one is not happening.  Again, that was a price drop  deal.  When the cost is over $1000 to upgrade I figure I can get a very nice veranda and spend a few hundred bucks on specialty dining.  

Loved AQ but now hate Celebrity over their reluctance to cancel impossible cruises with all the associated stress.

It will need a big change of personal opinion about infections on cruise liners to cruise with anyone again but Celebrity may not be on that list.

In AQ Class,  Spa services like facials and massage are not included BUT admission to Persian Garden is part of the perks.  Nicer on S Class ships but we find it  enjoyable a few times each cruise.

Agree that X has been fairly awful about announcing the  next  cancellations and also in crediting refunds ...but if we continue  cruising on X , AQ Class is a good choice for us!

Its very nice indeed. I would never go on a cruise that would not offer this to me. I also love finish sauna and spa. We always book visits with my wife. Its so nice after a day of cruising to relax, drink some green tea and have your body relaxed. They also use some expensive cosmetics made of natural treasures of the sea which can be found ONLY on board. In any case, its a wonderful experience. I totally recommend it 

We did our first ever cruise in AQ in January on Reflection. When we booked it was only $150 pp extra for the cruise so I decided to try it. We loved blu

( although we eat late so could always walk straight in) . We enjoyed the leisurely breakfast  in Blu,  although we also enjoyed the buffett breakfast choice so alternated between the two. We enjoyed the great  service we received at dinner, my husband has some allergies and the waiting staff always remembered. I didnt get round to trying  the Persian Garden until the last sea day, and definately wished I had used it more. Of course we dont have anything to compare it with , but we have booked our next cruise on Millenium in Feb 2022 and have booked one of the AQ aft cabins on deck 11 which I'm will have a great balcony. 

Our first X cruise was in Aqua. We got a good deal as I recall, and LOVED Blue. Never got DW interested in Persian Gardens, so can't comment. But we LOVED Blue. (Second cruise was a Sky Suite, so Luminae...).

If you can get a good deal, I'd go for it. If not, look at the price difference of eating specialty. If you're content with the MDR, and have no real interest in Persian Garden, then, no, it's not worth it.

16 hours ago, pete_coach said:

The spa is not free, you just get priority.

This information is incorrect!

That is if by spa you mean Persian Garden. Of course other spa services are never included.

Persian Garden is included in Aqua. You do not have to pay extra.

Persian Garden can be used by non-Aqua guest who purchased a day or week pass - but the number is limited.

In short: it is “free“ for AQ

Edited by Miaminice

9 hours ago, Miaminice said:

This information is incorrect!

That is if by spa you mean Persian Garden. Of course other spa services are never included.

Persian Garden is included in Aqua. You do not have to pay extra.

Persian Garden can be used by non-Aqua guest who purchased a day or week pass - but the number is limited.

In short: it is “free“ for AQ

$50 for 3 days or $75 for 6 days....still a lot cheaper than the aqua class fare.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I got shushed in the Persian Garden.  LOL.  But steam room and sauna were nice.  Massage was a little rough, but I asked for it.

I assume  you got " SHUSHED " for snoring or talking loud ??? 

If so, you have been on every cruise that we were on.

The Persian Garden , being one of the expensive " Value Added ??? " complimentary perks to Aqua Class Customers , oops, Guests is also a " pay by day or pay by entire cruise " venue. 

It is designed to be a very relaxing area with many options to enjoy ( steam, cold room, shower, infra red sauna , and hot tile lounges ).

Depending on who is there at the time , it can be very annoying  ( snoring, loud talking , and tile lounge hogs reading books for hours ). 

We don't care for Persian Gardens. We like the Blu room and service, but DH is  pescatarian and often prefers to order the fish or vegetarian dishes from the MDR menu. So we only book Aqua on M-class where that is available. 

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

I assume  you got " SHUSHED " for snoring or talking loud ??? 

If so, you have been on every cruise that we were on.

The Persian Garden , being one of the expensive " Value Added ??? " complimentary perks to Aqua Class Customers , oops, Guests is also a " pay by day or pay by entire cruise " venue. 

It is designed to be a very relaxing area with many options to enjoy ( steam, cold room, shower, infra red sauna , and hot tile lounges ).

Depending on who is there at the time , it can be very annoying  ( snoring, loud talking , and tile lounge hogs reading books for hours ). 

They could put a note on the door.  1) no talking and 2) 30 min limit.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, zitsky said:

They could put a note on the door.  1) no talking and 2) 30 min limit.

LOL---- So, it was you snoring or talking loud and didn't see the note posted on the wall right inside the door ?????

Probably because you were sore from that $250 deep muscle massage you asked for ???

However, certain people ( not me or you ) feel they are " entitled " to do as they please because they are them .

Guess who is bored like hell sitting here freezing my xxx off ?????